Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Another question about brushing.  EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Another question about brushing.  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Another question about brushing.  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Another question about brushing.  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Another question about brushing.  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Another question about brushing.  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Another question about brushing.  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Another question about brushing.  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Another question about brushing.  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Another question about brushing.

2 posters

Go down

Another question about brushing.  Empty Another question about brushing.

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:14 am

Hey guys.

So after brushing one day, the next day my scalp will be a little sore. I have been brushing regardless of the soreness but I have been feeling a little apprenhensive about that maybe causing more harm than good (not enough healing time, etc.)

Thoughts on this?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Another question about brushing.  Empty Re: Another question about brushing.

Post  AS54 Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm not a brusher, so you are probably going to want to wait for someone experienced with this to reply.

But my two cents is that with anything where we are causing intentional damage to our tissues (strength training, tanning, laser therapy, dermabrasion, etc.), the key lies in the recovery. The idea of hormesis is that the adaptive response to the damage is what we are after, and that only happens when we let the tissues recover.

In light of that, I'd have to think that brushing is no different. Any sign of soreness or irritation is a sign of inflammation, so I think it would actually be a bad idea to brush (especially vigorously) when the scalp is already sore. Give it a break and allow the healing to take place. That or scale back the intensity of your brushing so that you can do it every day without the soreness.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down