Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing

3 posters

Go down

How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing Empty How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing

Post  johndoe1225 Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

Hey all

With all this talk of Boar Bristle Brushing, I was wondering, what are some techniques for it?  I use my BBB like in some instructional brushing video for the Morocco (or was it Maliniak?) method I saw.

Basically you bend over at the waist and brush from your neck/around that area to the ends of your hair, then stand upright and just brush everywhere but each time starting from the roots (scalp) and going to the ends.

I'm always scared that it's going to rip out hairs but I assume as long as they aren't getting tangled and painfully pulled out that's not happening.

How much force should I use?  How fast?

EDIT:  Oh, and how often? I already tap my scalp with my BBB daily, more like smack myself in the scalp with it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing Empty Re: How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing

Post  Delphine Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:08 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Hey all

With all this talk of Boar Bristle Brushing, I was wondering, what are some techniques for it?  I use my BBB like in some instructional brushing video for the Morocco (or was it Maliniak?) method I saw.

Basically you bend over at the waist and brush from your neck/around that area to the ends of your hair, then stand upright and just brush everywhere but each time starting from the roots (scalp) and going to the ends.

I'm always scared that it's going to rip out hairs but I assume as long as they aren't getting tangled and painfully pulled out that's not happening.

How much force should I use?  How fast?

EDIT:  Oh, and how often?  I already tap my scalp with my BBB daily, more like smack myself in the scalp with it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Very Happy

I don't do it daily, but I should.  100 strokes bending from the waist.  It works!  I pull on my hair gently at the same time.  My hair is naturally fine and thin, but
this brushing routine along with a great diet/supplements and the headstand, makes it seem a lot thicker. As for how fast, just go at your own pace, you will find it...
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing Empty Re: How To Perform Boar Bristle Brushing

Post  MovieJunkie89 Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:36 am

Here's what I do in the morning. I use my boar bristle brush and brush all over but mainly focus on my temples, since that's where my receding is. I put in a 120 strokes, sometimes I put some peppermint on my hairline while doing this for increased blood flow. After that I take a cold shower (This takes some getting used to but it's well worth it) and this really helps blood flow and puts me in a great mood after. Then once I'm done showering I do some DT for about 20 minutes. After this I head off to work with my hair feeling thicker and hairline tingling Smile then when I get home later on I do the same routine again (minus the cold shower).

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:47 am

Ok, thanks for the advice guys, but movie, is there a reason you do DT AFTER a shower? I try to do it before so that I can wash away any debris (and especially sebum/grease)

It seems that BBB is mainly to boost blood flow, but doing headstands, DT and general massaging, it's starting to seem a little bit redundant, but it's fun so whatever

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:50 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Ok, thanks for the advice guys, but movie, is there a reason you do DT AFTER a shower?  I try to do it before so that I can wash away any debris (and especially sebum/grease)

It seems that BBB is mainly to boost blood flow, but doing headstands, DT and general massaging, it's starting to seem a little bit redundant, but it's fun so whatever

The benefits accumulate from all of this! When you start seeing the benefits, you naturally want to do more.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:30 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Ok, thanks for the advice guys, but movie, is there a reason you do DT AFTER a shower?  I try to do it before so that I can wash away any debris (and especially sebum/grease)

Hey John, there's no specific reason I do DT after showers. I just got used to doing that way.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:04 am

MovieJunkie89 wrote:

Hey John, there's no specific reason I do DT after showers. I just got used to doing that way.

Ok, thanks again

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:06 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:

Ok, thanks again

What kind of hair loss are you having and what is your routine to combat it?

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:08 am

MovieJunkie89 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:

Ok, thanks again

Typical MPB, main methods are DT (bout 3 months in or so) and paleo diet, eliminated heavy caffeine (coffee) usage (but only started today Very Happy ), some supps, etc.

Sage's topical, ACV, MSM hair spray, Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:24 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:

Ok, thanks again

Typical MPB, main methods are DT (bout 3 months in or so) and paleo diet, eliminated heavy caffeine (coffee) usage (but only started today  Very Happy ), some supps, etc.

Wow looks like you have an excellent routine. Any results yet? I would think your hair loss should stabilize soon, and then some regrowth in the coming months if everything goes well.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:36 am

MovieJunkie89 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:

Ok, thanks again

Typical MPB, main methods are DT (bout 3 months in or so) and paleo diet, eliminated heavy caffeine (coffee) usage (but only started today  Very Happy ), some supps, etc.

Wow looks like you have an excellent routine. Any results yet? I would think your hair loss should stabilize soon, and then some regrowth in the coming months if everything goes well.

Hey

Thanks Very Happy  

Well, results are hard to define.  I haven't done ANY manuals or topicals before starting DT, but of course I can't tell if I'd be in better shape without it (I really, really doubt it though).

I can say with certainty though that DT has loosened the living crap out of my scalp.  The front of my hairline (widow's peak) was absolutely rigid and hard like a rock and even raised a bit up from the normal contour of my scalp when I started DT, and now it's elastic, very loose, and almost completely flat like the rest of my scalp. I do DT for over an hour a day usually in two sessions, with random laxity exercises thrown in for good measure.

Basically I'm still losing ground but with my recent cold turkey dropping of ridiculous caffeine usage, I think it should at the very LEAST stabilize soon.

My scalp is much, much healthier.  I had seb. derm. before starting all this, and a nasty habit of scratching the flakes near my left occipital muscle at the back of my head for like a year.  Yesterday I went to scratch and there was nothing there, so I got excited and checked the other common areas where my seb. derm. was (the sides of my head and crown), and they were completely, 100% clean.

The only thing that keeps worrying me in the back of my mind is if I'm damaging the hair follicles by DT-ing too hard, but as I've told myself many times it's impossible, deep scalp massage is a thing, and my doctor said it's fine anyway.

I'm also thinking of adding a black tea theaflavin supplement every 3-4 days or so and gauging my reaction, based on a study done at Harvard where the results were better than Propecia without even any side effects, with the added benefit of raising testosterone

EDIT:  Come to think of it, it's probably been around a year or so since I quit 5% minoxidil twice a day cold turkey, so the recent loss I had might be the shedding catching up.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:49 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:

Ok, thanks again

Hey

Thanks Very Happy  

Well, results are hard to define.  I haven't done ANY manuals or topicals before starting DT, but of course I can't tell if I'd be in better shape without it (I really, really doubt it though).

I can say with certainty though that DT has loosened the living crap out of my scalp.  The front of my hairline (widow's peak) was absolutely rigid and hard like a rock and even raised a bit up from the normal contour of my scalp when I started DT, and now it's elastic, very loose, and almost completely flat like the rest of my scalp.  I do DT for over an hour a day usually in two sessions, with random laxity exercises thrown in for good measure.

Basically I'm still losing ground but with my recent cold turkey dropping of ridiculous caffeine usage, I think it should at the very LEAST stabilize soon.

My scalp is much, much healthier.  I had seb. derm. before starting all this, and a nasty habit of scratching the flakes near my left occipital muscle at the back of my head for like a year.  Yesterday I went to scratch and there was nothing there, so I got excited and checked the other common areas where my seb. derm. was (the sides of my head and crown), and they were completely, 100% clean.

The only thing that keeps worrying me in the back of my mind is if I'm damaging the hair follicles by DT-ing too hard, but as I've told myself many times it's impossible, deep scalp massage is a thing, and my doctor said it's fine anyway.

I'm also thinking of adding a black tea theaflavin supplement every 3-4 days or so and gauging my reaction, based on a study done at Harvard where the results were better than Propecia without even any side effects, with the added benefit of raising testosterone

EDIT:  Come to think of it, it's probably been around a year or so since I quit 5% minoxidil twice a day cold turkey, so the recent loss I had might be the shedding catching up.

Wow, you do DT for over an hour two times a day? How do you have the time lol? And I use the Theaflavin as part of my routine from hairloss-research.org. I don't know how it works individually as I use the "current practice" on that website which is Theaflavin and a bunch of other supplements. The hardest thing is getting all of those pills down, but afterwards I feel great. I feel more relaxed, I have more energy, and increased libido too. Hopefully in a few months I'll see some regrowth, even though my hair loss isn't really bad at all right now. What supplements are you taking? I think you're on the right track.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:01 am

MovieJunkie89 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:

Ok, thanks again

Hey

Thanks Very Happy  

I can say with certainty though that DT has loosened the living crap out of my scalp.  The front of my hairline (widow's peak) was absolutely rigid and hard like a rock and even raised a bit up from the normal contour of my scalp when I started DT, and now it's elastic, very loose, and almost completely flat like the rest of my scalp.  I do DT for over an hour a day usually in two sessions, with random laxity exercises thrown in for good measure.

Wow, you do DT for over an hour two times a day? How do you have the time lol? And I use the Theaflavin as part of my routine from hairloss-research.org. I don't know how it works individually as I use the "current practice" on that website which is Theaflavin and a bunch of other supplements. The hardest thing is getting all of those pills down, but afterwards I feel great. I feel more relaxed, I have more energy, and increased libido too. Hopefully in a few months I'll see some regrowth, even though my hair loss isn't really bad at all right now. What supplements are you taking? I think you're on the right track.

Well right now my main ones are Arginine, high dose MSM powder with at least 500mg of vitamin c, and Taurine, Zinc, and Chlorella. I'm still refining it though and will add some more.

Oh no, I mean an hour at LEAST total, usually two 30 minute sessions, but I find that if I want to be thorough, I have to do it for at the bare minimum 30 minutes since I do a general massage pre-DT

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down