Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How do you get a water solution to absorb? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
How do you get a water solution to absorb? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How do you get a water solution to absorb? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How do you get a water solution to absorb? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How do you get a water solution to absorb? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How do you get a water solution to absorb? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How do you get a water solution to absorb? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How do you get a water solution to absorb? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How do you get a water solution to absorb? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How do you get a water solution to absorb?

4 posters

Go down

How do you get a water solution to absorb? Empty How do you get a water solution to absorb?

Post  shaftless Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm trying this but I'm not sure it works. I'm dissolving quercetin tablets in water since it is water soluable. Quercetin supposedly inhibits or blocks pgd2 which was proved to be linked to baldness. The problem is I don't think water absorbs well into the skin. So I added a "carrier oil" (cocnut oil) since oil supposedly absorbs better. But to make the water solution and oil combine I added an emulsifier like lecithin...actually I added phosphatidyl choline since choline is a form of lecithin and it comes in liquid gels.

Anyway, the resulting mixture is quite well integrated and you don't see any oil floating on top. Do you think the water/quercetin suspension is being pulled into the skin along with the oil? I'm not sure since I still see the yellow stain from the quercetin on my scalp when I wake up in the morning.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

How do you get a water solution to absorb? Empty Re: How do you get a water solution to absorb?

Post  rofl Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:48 pm

try making it isotonic. im talking about salinity. its .09% sodium

or better yet, just buy some saline, and mix that with the chemical.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

How do you get a water solution to absorb? Empty Re: How do you get a water solution to absorb?

Post  AS54 Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:45 am

DMSO, it can dissolve either hydrophobic or hydrophillic solutes. And it will carry them through the skin very easily. One reason why it can be indirectly toxic and used to carry poisons across the skin too. Using it with a safe substance though, its pretty incredible.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:59 am

we use dmso in the lab to stop ice crystals forming when cryogenically freezing cells. i forgot its also a carrier
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:37 am

I wonder how that works to stop crystals forming. I mean its got a pretty polar oxygen, so it must be the methyl groups that break up the crystal structure. Very cool though.

And why would they use DMSO instead of other things miscible in water? Maybe because its cheap, or less toxic?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  turbojet Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:51 am

My issue with DMSO is the garlic smell it causes. I'm always self conscious about breath and body odor.

turbojet

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:00 am

My experience has been that the garlic smell is pretty momentary. I can definitely smell it when applying, but after a few minutes I don't find there's a lingering garlic smell. Nobody has pointed out smelling garlic either. I do find sometimes if I use a stronger dilution that I'll get a garlic smell/taste on my breath, but this doesn't last too long either, plus I'll just brush my teeth.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down