Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Do you have low stomach acid EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Do you have low stomach acid EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Do you have low stomach acid EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Do you have low stomach acid EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Do you have low stomach acid EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Do you have low stomach acid EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Do you have low stomach acid EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Do you have low stomach acid EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Do you have low stomach acid EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do you have low stomach acid

5 posters

Go down

Do you have low stomach acid Empty Do you have low stomach acid

Post  RKERR9 Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:57 am

Hi guys.
I'm certain this is an issue for many of us, and it causes a whole cascade of problems downstream, I believe hair loss would be one of them.
I don't even think you need the various GI symptoms to have lower than adequate acid. Ever since I have been supplementing with HCL I feel so much better, my mood, cognitive function, it's noticeable, and also my hair does feel better (less inflammation).
The vertical ridges on my nails are going too which could well be from protein absorption?!
I've been taking enzymes too and they seem to help but it's too early to accurately gauge their effects.
Hippocrates said all disease begins in the gut - this is going to be my main focus from now on. I just thought I'd share some success instead if the usual doom and gloom. CS's supplement line is clearly exceptional but it won't help if we aren't absorbing the nutrients, it's been said a million times but if there are any newbies reading this then I think diet and gut health are the places to start in my humble opinion, otherwise the info is overwhelming.

RKERR9

Back to top Go down

Do you have low stomach acid Empty Re: Do you have low stomach acid

Post  NYJets Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:48 pm

I agree. I'm convinced supplements are much less effective for those of us with methylation/metal problems and gut issues.

Perhaps CS has some input on low stomach acid symptoms/indicators. I know it was toward the end of a list we had compiled to treat some of my issues, so it definitely has merit.

I've noticed if I stray away from my good diet and eat maybe even only once a day SAD, my stomach distends/bloats up like a mother after only a few days. I know many people my ex being one who eats out way more than me and worse food yet they maintain a lean and hard stomach. Still working on strengthening the gut to be able to tolerate more foods, the missing key for me is probably successful metals detox which hasn't taken place yet.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  RKERR9 Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:15 am

The bloating is definitely an issue for you, we should be able to digest and absorb most the food we eat, other symptoms are undigested food in your stool and belching etc after eating. Try a couple of tablets and see if you get a burning sensation, that's a reliable indicator you have enough acid.
I've noticed my hair has literally over night gone really soft where as it was quite dry and coarse too, I've also shed quite a bit in the last couple of days but inflammation is down and so I'm hoping its a good sign...something is definitely happening so ill stick with it.
I'm also taking bile acids (i have psoriasis and it can be an indicator of low bile) and digestive enzymes with l-glutamine so I think I'm covering most digestive angles.

RKERR9

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:22 am

Which product are you using for HCL? Thanks for sharing. Glutamine is good stuff hoping to add it to the regimen when finances allow.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:27 am

RKERR9 wrote:Hi guys.  
I'm certain this is an issue for many of us, and it causes a whole cascade of problems downstream, I believe hair loss would be one of them.  
I don't even think you need the various GI symptoms to have lower than adequate acid.  Ever since I have been supplementing with HCL I feel so much better, my mood, cognitive function, it's noticeable, and also my hair does feel better (less inflammation).
The vertical ridges on my nails are going too which could well be from protein absorption?!
I've been taking enzymes too and they seem to help but it's too early to accurately gauge their effects.
Hippocrates said all disease begins in the gut - this is going to be my main focus from now on.  I just thought I'd share some success instead if the usual doom and gloom. CS's supplement line is clearly exceptional but it won't help if we aren't absorbing the nutrients, it's been said a million times but if there are any newbies reading this then I think diet and gut health are the places to start in my humble opinion, otherwise the info is overwhelming.  
Are your supplementing with HCL? Are you serious?

I suggest if you dont make up your mind you are going to age before your eyes.
The blood is ph 7.3 so the stomach should be careful not to be too acidic.
Mix acidic and alkaline ph and boooom.

But no one uses common sense.Throw this garbage to the trash bin.
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  RKERR9 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:02 am

I think my problem is that my stomach isn't acidic enough.
Its supposed to be an inhospitable environment for pathogens etc and so that you can absorb your food propey. It seems to be quite common actually - perhaps CS can chip in here? Are the bile salts and HCL counter productive?

RKERR9

Back to top Go down

Post  masterofnone Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 pm

[/quote]Are your supplementing with HCL? Are you serious?

But no one uses common sense.Throw this garbage to the trash bin.[/quote]

Hey could you please elaborate a little on your post here? I've not been able to find any references to Betaine HCL contributing to aging, but in fact a small amount of info claiming that it can do the opposite. So, does this have something to using it in combo with the other meds he's taking? I don't get it...

I myself have bolting, burping...likely some sort of dyspepsia-realted problem that needs to be fixed, so I'd want to know about any potential cons of taking Betaine HCL before I jump the gun. I've got some Omeprazole (the common drug name of it) that I'm looking to start trialing in the next couple of days.

Thanks

masterofnone

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Are your supplementing with HCL? Are you serious?

But no one uses common sense.Throw this garbage to the trash bin.[/quote]
Hey could you please elaborate a little on your post here?  I've not been able to find any references to Betaine HCL contributing to aging, but in fact a small amount of info claiming that it can do the opposite. So, does this have something to using it in combo with the other meds he's taking?  I don't get it...

I myself have bolting, burping...likely some sort of dyspepsia-realted problem that needs to be fixed, so I'd want to know about any potential cons of taking Betaine HCL before I jump the gun.  I've got some Omeprazole (the common drug name of it) that I'm looking to start trialing in the next couple of days.

Thanks[/quote]
The cure to every disease is orange juice fasting 14-40 days.
This way you alkaline again your stomach and body.Throw all the meds away and begin to supplement with herbs.
Remember circulation is the best thing for the body and only the body can produce again new and more red blood cells.

I also suggest to begin a more human like diet including at most fruits and raw stuff especially if you could juice stuff it would be totally bioavailable for your body.Most of the food creaes problems.
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  strider7086 Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:56 pm

I had the same problem a while back - what helped me was lemon with meals if i got tiered of the lemon i used ACV. Also you should chew raw Ginger after meals - it helps boost the stomach acid.

Lastly use a good prebiotic in the morning to get your stomach juices rolling, like good raw local honey with warm water. And fast at least twice a week - that will help reset your gut.

And eat lots of good fruits - plums, guavas, pomegranates. I shunned fruits for a long time but later realized i was missing out on many essential nutrients for the gut and organs. I've incorporated fruits again and feel much more energetic.

strider7086

Back to top Go down

Post  RKERR9 Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:35 am

There is no evidence that Betaine will contribute to aging. I'm wouldn't worry about it, you will know if you take too much!

RKERR9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down