Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low

+3
Horatius
Nuuu_Dx
7 posters

Go down

Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low Empty Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low

Post  Nuuu_Dx Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:35 am

What I mean is if I have low testosterone levels, would raising testosterone with TRT increase my hair loss? Only talking minimal doses. Im not even sure if my test is low, im going to try get a blood test from doctor and need to know if it would be dangerous to boost low test levels up a notch to more 'normal' levels.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low Empty Re: Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low

Post  Horatius Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:22 pm

free testosterone in your blood does no damage at all, it is the conversion to DHT that is harmful. You could say more free testosterone more conversion happens so that's bad, but there are ways to prevent that: for instance try working out and gain some muscle, they need a lot of testosterone and also dht.

Horatius

Back to top Go down

Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low Empty Re: Would raising testosterone cause hairloss if levels are low

Post  Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 pm

If you use an AI (Arimidex, Aromasin) will not have problems with hair

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 am

Testosterone is not the problem its low testosterone in proportion, or because of the amount of dht being converted due to dietary/environmental factors. Even more specifically important is the oxygen status within the scalp, which in itself is related to thyroid function, blood flow ( capillary bed health, vitamin E blood levels) breathing patterns, exercise etc.. Low oxygen environment within scalp tissue stimulates more 5AR from free testosterone I believe. All of those factors along with inflammation, antioxidant status, and digestion health probably should be focused on first, testosterone should naturally raise to more ideal levels after all other systems are optimized, and from there, other methods to increase T would be unaffecting to hair! At any rate, I could be wrong but I believe this to be the case.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:40 am

Interesting, I was wondering if getting back in the gym would raise my test enough to maeke a difference without supps.

When you guys put it like that (more dht is needed for muscles) makes me think if I had gymed it more my hairloss might have slowed if I was using that dht I had floating around on muscle instead of hair Sad

Maybe some peoples bodys are genetically made to grow and if you stop it (lazyness, poor diet) from doing that you start to attack yourself inside. Like using a ferrari round town at 30mph and it getting all; clogged up.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:53 am

I know that my hairloss started at around 17-18. My thinning was diffuse, rather than loss really. But back then it wasn't even all that noticeable.

At that point in time I was in the gym at least 8-9 hours weekly lifting my ass off for football. I experienced amazing body recomp in those years. I put on a lot of muscle and got to pretty low levels of body fat. I don't want to deflate anybody here, but it did absolutely nothing to stop the progress of my hair thinning.

But then again, I believe my hair loss was a combination of androgenic hair loss that was augmented by dermatitis. So I can't generalize my results to everybody's experience.

StevenTyler: Forever mirin the aesthetics Very Happy
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:44 am

I had terrible itch aswell a few years ago, I still get it now but not as much after changing diet. And Niz is awesome at stopping the itch.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:43 am

Overall I think all forms of hair loss are dealt with through achieving optimal health for ones being, or at least keeping all of your systems operating in the state it was before reaching the point of hair loss. Anyways, cant see how working out does anything for thyroid, or antioxidant status etc & intense training can actually increase deficiencies if they are not consistently catered to since most food we eat daily are lacking.. Even though It does makes sense to me though that more free testosterone would be used up in the muscles in someone who consistently worked out, instead of it roaming, but even if true that might not be so relevant with all the variables at play. More testosterone would not be favored as far as scalp hair goes, when there's too much 5AR conversion. This will likely always be the case until underlying causes are fixed, and once they are I'd assume any hair detrimental factors from working out or increasing T would not be significant.

Last edited by 987 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:57 am

Another thing to consider is that muscles don't literally "use up" steroid hormones. These interact with nuclear receptors but the interactions are not permanent. The hormones will separate and diffuse back into circulation or into other cells. Yes, these hormones are very active in the muscle, but ultimately the only way you can "get rid" of hormones is to literally metabolize them into their component parts (I'm not sure of the mechanisms here) or more frequently, excrete them via the liver-gut or urinary tract.

This is also assuming we are talking about the free hormones. Most of it will be bound to SHBG, making it inactive. This is where we can run into problems when the SHBG is low. But that also helps to promote muscular anabolism. There are tradeoffs with everything.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Another thing to consider is that muscles don't literally "use up" steroid hormones. These interact with nuclear receptors but the interactions are not permanent. The hormones will separate and diffuse back into circulation or into other cells. Yes, these hormones are very active in the muscle, but ultimately the only way you can "get rid" of hormones is to literally metabolize them into their component parts (I'm not sure of the mechanisms here) or more frequently, excrete them via the liver-gut or urinary tract.

This is also assuming we are talking about the free hormones. Most of it will be bound to SHBG, making it inactive. This is where we can run into problems when the SHBG is low. But that also helps to promote muscular anabolism. There are tradeoffs with everything.

Well that cleared up that thought, and I agree. And as you already know, Shbg is relevant to thyroid as well.
Where i've settled with all of this talk, most of which learned from this site, prevent there being any form of deficiency, keep your digestion, thyroid, antioxidant & detoxification systems optimal, along with a healthy blood sugar level. Also minimize stress, while aggressively preventing any unnecessary inflammation and calcification and things should just work as they are supposed to, and I find that to be the case for myself. To be short ppl just have to figure out how to achieve all of that for their particular bodies... If you work out hard, you burn more fuel, thus you need to put more fuel back in, deficient food cant do that for you... I really think that's the simplicity of it...

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Totally agree ^
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurx Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Unless you have physical damage to the testes or possibly pituitary, I would say your body has reduced its testosterone output because you are deficient in something required for either testosterone synthesis or to manage it in the body. Be it glutathione depletion/metals in the pituitary, zinc or whatever.

TRT might just give your body more unwanted testosterone which ends up getting dumped into oestrogen and DHT.

If you can trial it cheaply, it could be worth a try. If you can afford all the lab testing and time rebalancing the right amount of drugs, it apparently can work. Seems to be less successful in sick/younger guys, though.

I don't know all the facts. All I know is I fell for the TRT hype from all the baby-boomers and bodybuilder types. I achieved only wasting many months and handing over my savings to a bunch of anti-aging docs.

The difficulty is finding safe and effective treatment options when the internet is awash with duck guano. Personally I am trying out Cutler chelation, B12 and folate forms though not worrying about 'genetics', calcium co-factors for oestrogen, the gut and maybe pathogens.

On a general note: Think carefully before doing anything expensive and try to source people who appear to know the underlying science; this safely excludes most doctors and internet commentators (Including me).

Lurx

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 am

Lurx wrote:On a general note: Think carefully before doing anything expensive and try to source people who appear to know the underlying science; this safely excludes most doctors and internet commentators (Including me).

Loved that last bit o' truth.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Horatius Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:33 am

When I started road cycling (an aerobic activity), for some reason testosterone levels skyrocketed. My dermatologist had encouraged me towork out, to increase free testosterone. I hate weight lifting and so I increased cycling. Slow twitch muscle fibers maybe...I don't know. But I do feel much better after riding 70-90 kilometers, mentally and physically. Burns stress away Smile

Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:41 pm

I do have damage to my balls, I got hit there real hard when I was a kid, maybe a year later I noticed I had a growth down there, got it checked out and its something to do withblood vessels cant really remember what. It disappears when I lie down.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

I think you are talking about a varicocele. I have one as well. I get pain from it every now and again, but its intermittent. Usually lasts a few minutes.

Some are worse than others. But I've heard (and believe there are a few posts about it here) that they can lower testosterone. By how much I'm not sure. I'd be interested to know more.

Its a defect in the valves of the veins that surround the testicles. They dont function properly so the blood backs up in the vein, causing it to enlarge. Its the excess heat caused by this extra blood that does the damage. That's why men with varicoceles tend to have their balls hang very low.

I'd be very interested in getting this corrected, but from the sounds of things, while the surgery is quite simple, its pretty ineffective. For most, the varicocele returns within a year. But honestly, I wouldn't really let that discourage me if I found out my low T was caused by the varicocele.

Doing things to promote vascular health and circulation should benefit: gingko/gotu kola/ginger and antioxidants like hesperidin/quercetin should benefit; also the problems are thought to be caused by A) sitting for too long of periods of time and/or B) high levels of estradiol; so getting plenty of exercise and taming high estrogen should also be a priority. Might require seeing a doc for the latter, but note that many things can raise E, like lack of sleep, stress, fat, etc.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:28 am

Steven_Tyler wrote:If you use an AI (Arimidex, Aromasin) will not have problems with hair

These can themselves cause hairless. One: they increase testosterone; two: if the estradiol pathway is blocked while testosterone increase, then DHT can increase (just like estro can if the DHT path is blocked!); three: estrogen itself promotes hair growth.

I would not use arimidex/aromasin/letrozole without a 5aR inhibitor.

Hair loss is a common side effect of aromatase inhibitors.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  rhondagraymond Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Very high levels of testosterone can cause hair loss. It depends how high your levels are. A supplement like Ageless Male is a good option if you want to raise T levels without any dangerous side effects. You’ll find lots of Ageless Male scam stories floating around on the Internet – but please don’t believe them. Ageless Male is relatively safe and only raises the levels of freely circulating testosterone in the bloodstream within a favorable range, so you need not be too concerned.
http://agelessmalex.com/is-ageless-male-a-scam-does-it-work/

rhondagraymond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down