Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Would brushing and ice restore some growth? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Would brushing and ice restore some growth? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Would brushing and ice restore some growth? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Would brushing and ice restore some growth? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Would brushing and ice restore some growth? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Would brushing and ice restore some growth? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Would brushing and ice restore some growth? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Would brushing and ice restore some growth? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Would brushing and ice restore some growth? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Would brushing and ice restore some growth?

+2
Horatius
Whip
6 posters

Go down

Would brushing and ice restore some growth? Empty Would brushing and ice restore some growth?

Post  Whip Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:09 am

There was a good point raised here about ice delivery men who used to get excessive hair growth on their shoulders from the ice blocks rubbing on the skin, etc. Would brushing in combo with ice after create this effect for regrowth? I have used a cold pack on my scalp in the past (long time ago) and didn't think about this again until I saw that post. Also, I'm not sure if this cause the follicles to shrink due to the contracting cause by the cold.

Thx

Whip

Back to top Go down

Would brushing and ice restore some growth? Empty Re: Would brushing and ice restore some growth?

Post  Horatius Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:54 am

Whip wrote:There was a good point raised here about ice delivery men who used to get excessive hair growth on their shoulders from the ice blocks rubbing on the skin, etc. Would brushing in combo with ice after create this effect for regrowth? I have used a cold pack on my scalp in the past (long time ago) and didn't think about this again until I saw that post. Also, I'm not sure if this cause the follicles to shrink due to the contracting cause by the cold.

Thx

Interesting thought, I think the ice could be beneficial to counter inflammation or friction heat from the brushing which could hurt the hair. On the other hand, ice makes blood vessels contract, letting less blood reach the scalp. So maybe it could be detrimental to blood circulation.
A solution could be to alter ice with hot water, like when you have tendon or muscle inflammation: this will improve circulation I think

Horatius

Horatius

Back to top Go down

Would brushing and ice restore some growth? Empty Re: Would brushing and ice restore some growth?

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:36 am

freezing the skin to the point of damaging it results in angiogenesis. interesting thought about the ice

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:01 am

Maybe im way off here but I think that say if your constantly in cold weather and your scalp is exposed to cold temperatures then your body would need hair more so it would supply more nutrients to it. Maybe the same effect if your scalp exposed to uv light since your body knows to keep the hair for protection
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:03 pm

I think the angiogenisis is a good thing...
I've been doing the manual stuff and getting some positive results. I do the hot/cold shower afterwards and let it get my head cold until it's numb (today I got an 'ice cream headache' actually).
Serendipitously last night my head felt warm (but not prickly) and I thought it may be a bit of inflammation so I put an ice pack on it for a bit and it felt great.
Maybe the heat is my new capillary network starting to work though. That just occurred to me....
I definitely have regained a lot of feeling (and lost a lot of sensitivity/painfulness) in the past while and some areas that previously took FOREVER to get pink when brushing or massaging now flush in no time.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 pm

blueman99 wrote:Maybe im way off here but I think that say if your constantly in cold weather and your scalp is exposed to cold temperatures then your body would need hair more so it would supply more nutrients to it. Maybe the same effect if your scalp exposed to uv light since your body knows to keep the hair for protection

I'd protect my scalp from UV. It has been suggested that aga is a photo-aggravated dermatitis and too much sun could exasperate the micro-inflammatory processes. If I'm in the sun for more than a half hour i cover my head with a hat.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:44 pm

any vasoconstriction caused by the cold would only be temporary, as thebody maintains homeostasis, so i wouldnt worry about that
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down