Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters

5 posters

Go down

Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters Empty Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters

Post  987 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:52 am

We all have probably read studies like these about the benefits of certain herbs/supplements in regards to circulation, especially in hopes of improving micro capillary health in the scalp.

http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateBilberry11-10.html
http://www.hairloss-research.org/LinkUpdateSuperAbsorbableTocotrienols11-10.html

Aside from the external, manual ways of trying to boost circulation ( i.e. scalp exercises, brushing, messaging, inversion,running)
what testimonies are there for taking products such as gingko biloba, tocotrinols, bilberry, grape seed extract, etc and/or all of the above at the same time for a maximized effect.

The other day I decided to try a different gingko product that I seen in local health food store, and according to the ingredients
whoa it has a lot of gingko in it. The liquid gingko product I had tried before was only maybe 40% of what you get in this one per serving.
http://www.oregonswildharvest.com/owh/browse/product/ginkgo

Keep in mind the rest of my regimen in sig, which I dont take all these supplements at the same time or even same day consistently btw. So after two servings of this product a.) kinda feel like I have low blood pressure or something, really relaxed though.
B.) im noticing my head has been feeling really strange all day.
Not easily describable for me, but the only words I can think of are pressure in the temple/forehead area, slight light headedness. Ive taken gingko before with a somewhat similar effect but not as pronounced or long lasting.. Maybe my blood is getting too thin since I take fish oil and other stuff also, or maybe bloodflow is having a party in my head..

Btw due to my diet/lifestyle and age I normally respond really well to almost everything I take, and my body has a high sensitivity to a lot of things, but just looking for some thoughts on this....

Back to top Go down

Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters Empty Re: Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 am

I can tell you that I completely stopped my hails and started regrowung hair by drinking ginkgo tea made with 1tbsp organic dried ginkgo leaf and by doing head massages. My memory is better and I think clearer as well
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters Empty Re: Gingko + other Internal circulation boosters

Post  987 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 am

SlowMoe wrote:I can tell you that I completely stopped my hails and started regrowung hair by drinking ginkgo tea made with 1tbsp organic dried ginkgo leaf and by doing head massages. My memory is better and I think clearer as well

What amount are you taking daily, do you know the mg amount, and do you take any other supplements? Are you taking the dried gingko leaf, and using it like tea, or a actual product that has it in a tea bag? Regrowth from something as simple as gingko would be nice, likely possible if your early into the mpb process like me. My current regimen in sig stopped the shedding/inflammation, cant say Ive regrown anything yet, but hard to tell because Im diffuse thinner and I have long hair, hair line in tact just a little higher than I like.

One more thing, atm deep breaths are increasing that dull light headedness I mentioned, maybe not relevant though, idk...

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Why do you take fish oil if you are already taking krill oil?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 pm

scottyc33 wrote:Why do you take fish oil if you are already taking krill oil?

I bought the krill to try out the asthxanthin, but honestly the fish oil I buy is still great quality and cheaper with
like triple the amount of caps... So I sparingly take krill, but i dont think its worth the cost to make my main omega3 source,
especially since its epa and omega3 levels are quite a bit lower than my fish oil. All the krill being way more absorb-able stuff
I think is mostly hype, the fish oil works well, I stopped my girls bad menstrual cramps with a couple months on the Carlson fish oil caps..Ill just take the krill out of my sig, I ran out last month anyways and dont know when Ill buy more as I dont require both..
Another thing Id like to add is that these fish oil caps along with my diet is usually all I need to stop my scalp inflammation.
FYI i experienced a bad scalp itching/stinging and bad shed when I stopped taking my supplements for a long period. Although my diet has improved more (no wheat, or cooked oils except coconut) and my iodine and vitamin D levels have surely increased since then but I feel like the fish oil is in my top 3 for sure... With that said when I give recommendations for family/friends now I always tell them the foundation for any supplementation regimen should be fish oil, vitamin d3, and iodine...

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:36 am

J987 wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:I can tell you that I completely stopped my hails and started regrowung hair by drinking ginkgo tea made with 1tbsp organic dried ginkgo leaf and by doing head massages. My memory is better and I think clearer as well

What amount are you taking daily, do you know the mg amount, and do you take any other supplements? Are you taking the dried gingko leaf, and using it like tea, or a actual product that has it in a tea bag? Regrowth from something as simple as gingko would be nice, likely possible if your early into the mpb process like me. My current regimen in sig stopped the shedding/inflammation, cant say Ive regrown anything yet, but hard to tell because Im diffuse thinner and I have long hair, hair line in tact just a little higher than I like.

One more thing, atm deep breaths are increasing that dull light headedness I mentioned, maybe not relevant though, idk...
No other supps... I just put 1 tbsp dry leaves from a bulk 1lb bag in the bottom of a 4 cup coffee pot and use 2 cups water. Then I turn it on and let the leaves soak for like 10-15 min while I eat breakfast. I think that manually stimulating your scalp as much as possible is the best thing you can do to get your hair back. I gave a brush in my car and I use it while commuting to/ from work
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:08 am

SlowMoe wrote:
J987 wrote:

No other supps... I just put 1 tbsp dry leaves from a bulk 1lb bag in the bottom of a 4 cup coffee pot and use 2 cups water. Then I turn it on and let the leaves soak for like 10-15 min while I eat breakfast. I think that manually stimulating your scalp as much as possible is the best thing you can do to get your hair back. I gave a brush in my car and I use it while commuting to/ from work

Thats great to hear SlowMoe, and you'd think there'd be more testimonies like yours but perhaps people are unfortunately too worried about topical blood flow stimulation... I try to attack all angles and manual stimulation appears to be worth while in addition to internal. I haven't taken anymore of this gingko product yet, I think Ill take it once every 3days because its apparently having a powerful effect on me, I still feel like there's more blood flow in my head or something. I was hoping more of you had experience to add here on the subject but doesn't appear like it with the silence in this thread... Anywho the suggestions in the first two links I posted is definitely something to consider to try applying to your regimen's and maybe a lot of you guys will be doing better than you are now in trying to maintain or experience regrowth. I'll update the thread if I ever have anything else to add...

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:38 am

J987 wrote:

I bought the krill to try out the asthxanthin, but honestly the fish oil I buy is still great quality and cheaper with
like triple the amount of caps... So I sparingly take krill, but i dont think its worth the cost to make my main omega3 source,
especially since its epa and omega3 levels are quite a bit lower than my fish oil. All the krill being way more absorb-able stuff
I think is mostly hype, the fish oil works well, I stopped my girls bad menstrual cramps with a couple months on the Carlson fish oil caps..Ill just take the krill out of my sig, I ran out last month anyways and dont know when Ill buy more as I dont require both..
Another thing Id like to add is that these fish oil caps along with my diet is usually all I need to stop my scalp inflammation.
FYI i experienced a bad scalp itching/stinging and bad shed when I stopped taking my supplements for a long period. Although my diet has improved more (no wheat, or cooked oils except coconut) and my iodine and vitamin D levels have surely increased since then but I feel like the fish oil is in my top 3 for sure... With that said when I give recommendations for family/friends now I always tell them the foundation for any supplementation regimen should be fish oil, vitamin d3, and iodine...

Well I guess if you are seeing benefits from something, it makes sense to keep with it.

I'm not sure that MORE EPA and DHA is necessarily better.

Mercola's latest on Krill:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/06/21/krill-oil-radically-better-than-fish-oil.aspx

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:53 pm

scottyc33 wrote:
J987 wrote:

Well I guess if you are seeing benefits from something, it makes sense to keep with it.

I'm not sure that MORE EPA and DHA is necessarily better.

Mercola's latest on Krill:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/06/21/krill-oil-radically-better-than-fish-oil.aspx

Yea ive seen write ups like that before about krill, i dont doubt that its better, but the cost difference/amount vs my high quality fish oil product probably doesnt make it a necessity especially since the fact still remains that the fish oil does work..
I can double up on my fish oil caps and still out last the krill bottle. 130caps of fish oil for 23$, vs 60 caps of krill that i have to take twice a day to reach the amount of 1 fish oil cap for 30$+, sigh, All these supplements do add up...

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:01 pm

fish oils generally contain more dha and epa than krill. you can find ones that give in the gram range of each per serving. in clinical studies a lot of the definitive benefits come in the gram range, not the hundred milligrams range. it's why id probably stick to a high dha / epa fish oil supplment over a krill oil. fish oil also has many years of studies behind it, krill not as many.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:36 am

Yep^

So I took a couple day break from the gingko then used it again this morning and same effect.
The sensations I'm getting from the ginkgo are amplified when I sit and brush my hair or do scalp message, probably something
worth considering for some of you especially since another member on this thread posted good results in regards to this herb.
One more thing to add to thread that I'm doing for circulation is sleep inversion, Ive mentioned it before in this forum, basically raising foot of bed to where I'm laying at 5deg angle to were head is a little lower than feet, its effects are felt also. Next step is increased cardio, Ecklonia cava, Toco Sorb vitamin E product, and continue suppressing inflammation and correcting iodine/vitamin D deficiencies and I should be good to go...

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

J987 wrote:Yep^

So I took a couple day break from the gingko then used it again this morning and same effect.
The sensations I'm getting from the ginkgo are amplified when I sit and brush my hair or do scalp message, probably something
worth considering for some of you especially since another member on this thread posted good results in regards to this herb.
One more thing to add to thread that I'm doing for circulation is sleep inversion, Ive mentioned it before in this forum, basically raising foot of bed to where I'm laying at 5deg angle to were head is a little lower than feet, its effects are felt also. Next step is increased cardio, Ecklonia cava, Toco Sorb vitamin E product, and continue suppressing inflammation and correcting iodine/vitamin D deficiencies and I should be good to go...

Isn't that going to damage your bed frame? Are you also not using a pillow? A pillow will raise your head up.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:52 pm

i stopped using a bed frame years ago so my dog could jump up and down without developing muculoskeletal injuries from impact due to the bed being so high lol.

only crazy thing was with no headboard i guess my head touches the paint on the wall. look up close and the paint looks bizarre. the sebum must react with the paint. it looks all bubbly and shit and is discolored lol

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down