Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Losing the Battle EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Losing the Battle EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Losing the Battle EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Losing the Battle EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Losing the Battle EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Losing the Battle EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Losing the Battle EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Losing the Battle EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Losing the Battle EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Losing the Battle

+2
nidhogge
halfempty
6 posters

Go down

Losing the Battle Empty Losing the Battle

Post  halfempty Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:06 am

I am losing the battle against hair loss. I can feel inflammation in a NW7 pattern.

None, of the supplements are helping me. Laser therapy makes my hair shiny, it is not stopping the loss or helping with inflammation. Dut, has definitely not maintained my hair.

It could be this, it could be that, it could be a little of this and a little of that causing the loss. There are just too many factors to consider and spend money to get tested on.

Nothing helps and I live a life of shit because no matter how hard I try I cannot accept my hair loss.

Stress is bad for hair and I live in a constant fight or flight mode because of my hair loss... I always have butterflies in my stomach..feels awful. I have spent years trying to accept my hair loss. I have not succeeded.

Sorry guys, I just needed to vent.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Losing the Battle Empty Re: Losing the Battle

Post  nidhogge Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:38 am

Half--

What sort of laser therapy are you undergoing? You need full coverage as a NW7, and you may not notice reduction in inflammation till 3 months in. Full coverage means 180+ diodes.

IH will probably weigh in on this, but you may have an issue with your Adrenals and Cortisol levels if stress is a factor. Are you on Ashgawanda/Rhodiola/Pomegranate Extract? Get on all three of these if not ASAP, all of which you can get from VitaCost.com for a reasonable price.

Are you still eating sugary/starchy carbs? Try to convert to grass-fed meat, eggs, organic fruits and veggies. Just apply the "keep it simple" rule to your diet. If it has ingredients in it that make you raise your eyebrow, just throw it back on the shelf. I was going to get some sushi from the supermarket today, and took a look at the label--I put that shit right back on the shelf. Opted to get a spinach wrap with turkey, olives, peppers, and no cheese. My stomach thanked me for it. Smile

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:19 am

Halfempty,

I feel you, man. Some days are just plain bad. A month ago or so it seemed if I just turned my head to the left or right hair was falling out of my head. I was freaking out.

I can't tell you what to do about your regimen. These other guys are better at that stuff.

But just for your sanity and happiness forget about your hair. Stop counting hairs. Stop checking your loss out in the mirror all the time. Don't look at what comes out when you comb it, shampoo, etc.

First off, you're a guy and it's socially acceptable to shave your head or buzz it down these days. There are worse things in the world than losing hair. Keep reminding yourself of that. Don't let the little voice inside your head telling you "you can't live without your hair" rule you. It's wrong. You can live.

Stop letting it rule you. Forget about it and try to move on from it.

I know it sounds simple and stupid to say that, but it's the best way to take your life back. Who you are isn't your hair dude. I know you know this.

Just be healthy and live your life and ride this shit out. One of the toughest parts is realizing how much you're changing as you get older. Just remember, everyone else you know is changing too. You're not the only one. I've seen people who I went to high school with recently who look 15 years older than me. Some perspective is needed in this struggle for all of us.

The way I rationalize this is I'm trying IH's regimen to improve my overall health and it's worked. If that keeps my hair or even brings some back, I'm happy. If not, at least I'm getting healthy.

It's okay to vent if you let it out and move on. Just don't beat yourself up over this day after day. You get one life. Have fun with it.

Hang in there.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Malik Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Half - You may try 2 great hair lotions: Neem Hair Lotion (by Dr Hauschka) and Aubrey Organics Men's Stock Biotin Energizing Scalp. I'm using both of them. After applying the lotion on wet hair, I wear a hat for at least 2 hours (more or less, depends on your hair). Afterwards my hair really really looks thicker and my scalp healthier. And I lose less hair. I shampoo every day with Dr Hauschka's Shampoo with Nasturtium and Lemon / or Dr Hauschka's Shampoo with Apricot and Sea Buckthorn. It's all organic.
I also believe that Magnesium/B6 help a lot.

I do my best to keep my hair but if I had to lose all my hair, life would be worth it. My life has meaning even without hair. It is I think the lesson we all have to learn. Don't let your judgments or other's judgments mess your life!

Malik

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:04 am

halfempty - It's probably the cortisol, constant fight or flight response. It's more powerful than anything.

It's a true cycle, because once the constant fight or flight becomes chronic, it feeds on itself.

The only immediate remedy in theory is a CB1 blocker. I've researched the CB2 avenue, but that is limited an area outside of the skin.

Internally with respect to adrenaline and norepinephrine regulation is key to stopping this process. Prolonged stress causes overproduction of androgens and cortisol, so it's a doubled edged sword.

When you pump out epinephrine and/or adrenaline everything is sacrificed--blood sugar goes up, inflammation goes up, immunity goes south. Lowered immunity is an invitation to Candida/yeast overgrowth.

When cortisol rises out of control, anxiety increases, and incessant feelings of despair. With that, it's harder to focus and it's difficult to stay on track.

Having less hair is only insult to injury.

Assuming this is adrenal fatigue, the basic approach is to shut down excessive cortisol and improve the systems involving the HPTA, which are the pituitary, thyroid and adrenal glands.

Because is especially overwhelming for anyone caught in the middle of this, having competent physician, knowledgeable in nutrition and medicine is recommened, especially someone familiar adrenal fatigue.

www.ACAM.org is one way to find one.

I have some recovery products on the adrenal fatigue section, which are designed to recover adrenal fatigue. They are all Standard Process products, with exception to the iodine product.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:37 am

IH I thought that when your body isn't producing that much cortisol it is adrenal fatigue and when you produce high cortisol its your body's response to stress?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:34 pm

chapat - Yes, that's also true. On the adrenal fatigue section, you'll notice the references to both low and high cortisol levels.

Often times in the initial stages of adrenal fatigue, there is high cortisol. Eventually the adrenals are burned out and then they produce very little cortisol.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down