Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia?

+2
AS54
Just_A_Signal
6 posters

Go down

Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? Empty Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia?

Post  Just_A_Signal Wed May 30, 2012 9:48 am

I currently have gynecomastia in the form of painful swollen nipples. I recently had blood work done and my testosterone came out in the high range of normal. My TSH was also relatively low: 1.2 i think. Anyone have any ideas about why I have gyno?

When the gyno started, I was on a Ray Peat style, high sugar (OJ) diet, and high dairy (Whole milk) diet. Though, to be fair, I'm not positive the diet induced my gyno. I stopped dairy a couple of months ago and didn't see much improvement. Recently, I've stopped drinking orange juice, and think the painfulness of my nipples has decreased.

Any thoughts?

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? Empty Re: Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia?

Post  AS54 Wed May 30, 2012 11:42 am

The level of a single hormone is an important factor, obviously low T can be a severe problem. But more important than this is often the ratio in context to other hormones. The ratio of testosterone to estrogen is more important than testosterone by itself. Have you had your estrogen measured also? Cortisol is another one I'd be interested to know. How sure are you that you are dealing with true gyno and not pseudo gyno? Are you experiencing fat deposition on the stomach and chest? How about the upper back near the hump region?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia? Empty Re: Normal (high-range) Testosterone AND Gynecomastia?

Post  LawOfThelema Wed May 30, 2012 11:55 am

id beware of eating high quantities of any single food daily for long periods of time.

strike a balance.

i wouldnt do the 3 or 4 liters OJ or whatever roddy / peat suggest for the sake of my teeth alone.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Wed May 30, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty certain it's gynecomastia. I'm thin, and there is hardened tissue beneath the nipple. My doctor for some reason did not order estrogen labs. My prolactin however, is low-normal, which i think is a good thing.

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed May 30, 2012 12:07 pm

i had the hardened swollen sore nipples in junior high. worst experience ever, mainly due to changing in front of others in the locker room. assholes picked up on it real quick. i attribute a lot of the intensification in my social anxiety to those experiences.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Wed May 30, 2012 12:26 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:i had the hardened swollen sore nipples in junior high. worst experience ever, mainly due to changing in front of others in the locker room. assholes picked up on it real quick. i attribute a lot of the intensification in my social anxiety to those experiences.

I did too. Gynecomastia is apparently quite common for males of that age.

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 pm

i have this exact smae problem right now. a hard sore lump right under the nipple.

there was a few ppl who experienced male breast cancer from finasteride, so my mind plays tricks but really i think its just gyno.

i did use finasteride for a few yrs but that was 4 yrs ago, and although i think the side effects from fin are under reported, i really didnt care at the time ,because if it brought back my hair it would be worth it, but it just didnt work for me, in fact it accelerated the recession in the hairline (but this is very hard to prove). And thats my main problem with finasteride, is not the sides which are bad, but the fact that it just isnt the silver bullet people make it out to be, and can actually make ur hair worse.

wouldnt care so much about this gyno though if it wasnt so damn painful. It feels like a big sore boil.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:05 am

Does anyone have any advice about what I can do to get this problem solved?
Do I need to get my estrogen checked?
I know that CS recommends a lot of different things (andractim, iodine/selenium, curcumin, etc.),
but are these still valid if my testosterone is at a high-normal level?

The swelling seems to be going down ever since i stopped drinking orange juice?
Does anyone know why this might be?

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Funny you got gyno on Ray Peat's diet, since it is designed to lower estrogen. Maybe the high sugar content and the milk gave it to you or it is only a coincidence?...Anyway, I second anthony regarding the estrogen/progesterone test. High estrog could drive up test as well (and SHBG).
But I'm no expert,, I could be wrong, you should do what you think it's best for you.
Low TSH means the thyroid is producing enough thyroid hormones, this is good news for you. According to some people, even lower then what you got is actually better.
One other thing, iodine is known to compete with estrogen for the receptors in the breast tissue, increase T3 and lower estrogen/raise progeterone, but if you want to get lab work done, start taking iodine after you do that as it will alter the results.

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:03 am

Thanks for the replies!

CS told me about a month ago that gynecomastia/high-estrogen might point to an estrogen glucuronidation problem. If this is the case, what can be done to fix this? Calcium D glucarate?

Also, is Andractim DHT gel available on prescription in the US? I have a doctor who will prescribe me just about anything.

It should be said. I have been consistently taking iodine (around 12.5mg), along with selenium (100mcg selenomethianine), daily. Curcumin and Resveratrol have also been consistently used. along with 5000mg of vitamin D daily.
In other words, I have many of the bases covered when it comes to attempting to manage estrogens through supplements.

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:07 am

mihai wrote:Funny you got gyno on Ray Peat's diet, since it is designed to lower estrogen.

It is quite ironic yes. My first guess is that it is a glucuronidation issue.
Ray Peat might suggest a raw carrot daily to keep estrogen from being reabsorbed into the bloodstream.
I wonder what others will recommend.

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:38 am

When I squeeze my nipples, fluid comes out. So, I think this is definitely gyno... Though, it seems to be getting better. The only reason I'm now able to squeeze is because the pain has drastically decreased.

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:06 pm

sounds like prolactin is a big issue for you... chasteberry (vitex) in doses of 400+ mg a day (underdoing it wil increase prolactin, but higher doses will bring it down), muira puama, iodine
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:58 am

It's strange that you say that, because my bloodwork shows my prolactin as low-normal.

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:42 am

hmmm, ok maybe i have a lot more learning to do then! haha. That's strange...
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down