Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next?

Go down

Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next? Empty Calcium or sebaceous deposit in scalp broken. What next?

Post  9rugrats5 Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:54 am

Would appreciate any pointers on this.

A few months back when I started vigorous massaging of scalp, I discovered there was a length of hardened area that wouldn't move as much, and when I tried to comb it would get pulled at and hurt quite a bit. So I left it at that and did not give much thought to it. Not even sure if I had it earlier, although I know I did not have it 2-3 years back. The hardened area was in the occipital area, in the imaginary line connecting the top of the ears on the back of the head.

I have been taking various herbs during these months, and generally avoiding milk (though not yoghurt or cheese) as i am somewhat intolerant. And not taking any calcium supplements during the time. The herbs have been to help with knee arthritis, and I have a feeling that I have experienced some loss in general bone mass during the period, as well.

With this background, I recently latched on to the recent combing bandwagon, and to my surprise found I could work through the semi-hardened occipital area mass. After 3 or 4 painful sessions, I am pleasantly surprised that the hardened area has broken/ dissolved. There had been a few painful eruptions in the area, which have since subsided, so I think some sebaceous infection might have been involved.

So either these were calcified deposits, or sebaceous deposits, or a combination of both, and i personally think it was the last one.

What does this mean, can anyone share their views? It seems to me a good thing that this hardened area is gone. It is, right? Would this new development affect the circulation positively? I'm hoping it would.

Yet, I'm worried what caused it in the first place. If these deposits were calcified, does it mean I'm leaching calcium out of the bones and reducing my body and scalp calcium mass and density?

Should I supplement calcium with diet or supplements, or a cofactor of calcium? Or could something be amiss in my calcium mechanism?

I'd appreciate suggestions, opinions and links on further reading in this regard. Would like to understand what was and is going on.

thanks,
-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down