Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
...Like when your foot falls asleep! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
...Like when your foot falls asleep! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
...Like when your foot falls asleep! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
...Like when your foot falls asleep! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
...Like when your foot falls asleep! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
...Like when your foot falls asleep! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
...Like when your foot falls asleep! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
...Like when your foot falls asleep! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
...Like when your foot falls asleep! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

...Like when your foot falls asleep!

2 posters

Go down

...Like when your foot falls asleep! Empty ...Like when your foot falls asleep!

Post  Smurfy Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:50 pm

So I was curled up on the couch for too long, I got cramped and had to stretch cause I lost feeling in my feet from sitting on them. Moments later, I feel the blood rush back through my legs to my feet, where they start to tingle really bad. Everyone knows what I mean.

Then it hit me in the face like a giant slippery fish.

This is exactly how my temple area feels during times of sudden stress.

It coincides with much of what we know here, but is more of a verification. In a prior topic I commented on how the violet ray device produced a strong painful zap in the hairy areas I used it in, but the bald portions I hardly feel anything. This same scenario were to occur if I used the device (or poked pins) on my foot while curled up under me. There would be no sensation.

In times of very acute stress, I feel my blood pressure increase quickly and rapidly, and my hairline begins to itch and tingle like crazy. As in the foot scenario, blood rushing into it. (or whatever that is)

This is more of an observational post, but still. I think these two circumstances are exactly the same.... it's a long term cutting of circulation, as if the scalp is "asleep", numb in said area. So it makes sense to me that finding a way of keeping that tingling going and getting more blood there would totally regrow hair, I'm confident. I do the boar bristle brushing and violet ray, but I wonder just how long of a duration the tingling needs to persist to achieve "optimal" blood. It seems like soon after I stop doing the manual stimulation, that portion of the scalp returns to it's numb "asleep" state.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

...Like when your foot falls asleep! Empty Re: ...Like when your foot falls asleep!

Post  SlowMoe Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:51 pm

I routinely "stretch" my scalp to lakeside it's loose.
I just myt my palm firmly on the top of my head and squeeze the skun together, moving from front to back
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

...Like when your foot falls asleep! Empty Re: ...Like when your foot falls asleep!

Post  SlowMoe Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:27 am

I posted about this earlier. I believe the tingle is the blood actually rushing back in. Once it's in there, the tingle stops (my theory).

IF the towel exercise is as effective as I think, this is how I believe it works:

1. The vigorous rubbing pushes all the blood away from the skin by keeping constant pressure on the scalp like when you press your thumb on the table and it turns white due to the blood being squeezed away from the point of pressure.

2. At the same time, the friction is causing a demand for blood at the skins surface (to active te red skin that follows excess friction).

3. Due to the lack of available blood to feed the skin, the capilaries compensate by widening and actually growing "branches" farther out into the scalp.

4. Once the rubbing and associated pressure cease, the blood is allowed to return to the scalp. At this point the capillaries and blood vessels are wide open, and the sudden rush of blood through these wide open passageways is what causes the tingle.

SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:41 pm

I think everything you listed is true. Unfortunately when the tingle stops, it could mean yes either the area is filled with the blood, or it has emptied and returned to its bloodless state, if the tingle is short-lived.

I relate this to trying to start an old car. You turn the key, the engine struggles a few times (towel rubbing, boar bristle, etc)... but the car won't start for good (permanent inflow of blood and oxygen). Would consistent manual friction eventually work? It would seemingly need to be consistent....

Or is the bigger issue getting blood to have enough pressure to flow into the scalp region to begin with. With manual methods it seems we're basically forcing the blood up there, temporarily, but not everyone has to do this to maintain hair. Perhaps after thyroid maintenance or measures assisting peripheral circulation, would our manual methods really work the best.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down