Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

This is the scariest forum on the Internet.....

+18
ferox
teacup
a
ubraj
LittleFighter
Amaranthaceae
theseeker86
Hoppipolla
MilBA
Delphine
CausticSymmetry
Columbo
hellwig
AS54
SlowMoe
Paradox
whodathunkit
scottyc33
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 Empty Re: This is the scariest forum on the Internet.....

Post  Delphine Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:30 am

I like this forum precisely because members are so open to exploring alternatives and are clearly serious about their health, aside from the hair concerns. Way to go!

Although I'm female, I too have experienced hairloss at different times in my life, and feel our hair is a good marker for our general health.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 Empty Re: This is the scariest forum on the Internet.....

Post  AS54 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 am

CS...killed the debate.

2020:
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 Okay-face
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:50 am

2020 wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:If it is genetic why is the skin in my balding area 3 x tighter than in my fill area. Why is it that when I get stressed I feel my scalp tightening? Why is it that when I got married, I started balding way faster and my scalp always felt noticeably tighter than when I was a bachelor?

counterexample:

hair transplants work. Hair stays there PERMANENTLY for the rest of your life. How is that?
That is not true.
The vast majority of transplant patients' transplanted hair falls out or shrivels and dies. It takes 20-60 years for the original hair to shrink and die. Take 100 transplant patients 20 years after the surgery. I guarantee most of them will be bald.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:51 pm

OP,

I understand where you are coming from. There are some people here, not to name names (Hoppi) who go from having livers problems, to iodine deficiency, to lack of blood flow to their scalp,, to heavy metal problems, to candida, to food allergies, etc. etc. That is definitely present on the forum, and you have to pick thru what is useful and relevant to your own situation.

To your point that you are just doomed by your genetics and your health doesn't not impact MPB, I would take issue with. Look into and study epigenetics. Some people are definitely more susceptible to balding early due to their genetics but diet and environment also affect how those genes are expressed.

I think just your comment that people who are super healthy like "vegetarians" can go bald, shows you still have much to learn. Vegetarians are far from the model of perfect health.

Good luck man, I know it can be frustrating, do your own research, I think you'll find there will be some things you can do that help, which aren't drugs.

PS to Hoppi - Not trying to call you out or anything, but you do jump from theory to theory quite bit haha.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Shaddap and start brushing your hair.

This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... - Page 2 HB_bu_ws_309x574

hehe Smile

Many people on here have had regrowth, it's just it's not expressed quite as much as on other hair loss forums, and it's with a variety of different often unconnected methods. It's true MPB is a complicated thing and that's why IH can be complicated to read or sometimes fragmented or fickle, because different people have different theories.

The long and the short of it is that IMO a combination of a chain of events triggered by DHT within the follicle and decreasing scalp skin quality (leading to decreased circulation) lead to MPB.

But erm, if you don't like the alternative approach of IH, there are plenty of mainstream hair loss forums out there. I choose this forum because I love the alternative and open-minded approach it has. I feel very at home here, despite being such a handful wherever I am xD
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:35 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:At the risk of insulting the topic here, I suggest anyone who thinks hair loss is a "normal, healthy" condition to just move away from this forum and seek the advice of the conventional mindset.

There is a simple and a complex explanation for hair loss.

(1) It's a symptom of poor oxygen.

(2) It's also a symptom of an imbalance the endocrine system in one or more of the hypothalamus, pituitary, thymus and kidney/adrenals.

The problem is that everyone is different. If you discover what is wrong on an individual basis, it is a reward that will last a life time.

Almost no one is healthy by pure definition. Laboratory references ranges include sick people.

Many view taking medications and/or prescription drugs as normal. No one can become healthy by blocking protein pathways and destroying enzymes.

Very few people consume enough minerals, much less understand their importance. Nutritional physiology and biochemistry vanished in standard, orthodox medical training after the 1940's.

If I measure the thyroid function by proper tests that assess oxygen utilization, virtually everyone fails by the time they reach 50 +, and many are far below normally much, much earlier.

Health care exists to make a profit from sick people. There's no money in healthy people and that's how the system is set up.

Many of my friends are becoming unrecognizable, because they are becoming more ill by the year. Many look 20 years older than me, it is disturbing and many will be dead or suffer from unnecessary drugs or medical procedures. They are not interested in looking at nutritional labels and avoiding microwaves and hydrogenated oils, cooking with toxic oils, etc.

They would prefer to listen to the herd, living in fear as they walk a short plank into the abysmal sick care system.

Good post CS. Sometimes I think you are too kind.

When people like this wade in with their mind already made up, looking to essentially discourage people from seeking truth so they may have more company in their misery, they really don't deserve your time IMO.

Debating the facts/science is one thing - making assanine statements like "I'm perfectly healthy" therefore 'nothing on this forum can help me' - well that kind of ignorance and close-mindedness speaks for itself.

And for the record, I have stopped losing hair and DRASTICALLY improved my health thanks to this forum.

You can lead a horse to water...

Last edited by scottyc33 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:35 pm

2020 wrote:

hair transplants work. Hair stays there PERMANENTLY for the rest of your life. How is that?

That's something I've wondered about too, does anyone have an explanations? I'm just confused about it.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:04 pm

theseeker86 wrote:
2020 wrote:

That's something I've wondered about too, does anyone have an explanations? I'm just confused about it.

I heard it's because it gets implanted deeper in the scalp than your normal hair Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:08 pm

MilBA wrote:I understand where you are coming from. There are some people here, not to name names (Hoppi) who go from having livers problems, to iodine deficiency, to lack of blood flow to their scalp,, to heavy metal problems, to candida, to food allergies, etc. etc.

Sort of, but I think statements like this misunderstand me.

Every single thing stated there I STILL BELIEVE ties into MPB... or pretty much.

1) Your liver is very important because it regulates toxins and hormones including androgens.

2) Iodine is essential for thyroid health

3) Blood flow is the final nail in the follicles' tiny coffins!

4) Heavy metals hinder the thyroid and the whole system, and imbalance gut flora.

5) Candida is part of gut flora concerns and "dysbiosis".

6) Food allergies... I have never mentioned. I have however mentioned food INTOLERANCES, which can be caused by gut wall and gut flora issues, which can be caused by an underactive thyroid.

So... yeah. Just because my FOCUS might shift, doesn't mean I forget the older stuff I've learned!! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:42 pm

hoppipolla wrote:
theseeker86 wrote:
2020 wrote:

I heard it's because it gets implanted deeper in the scalp than your normal hair Smile

Seriously?....

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Dude, are you sure you married the right woman? Smile

SlowMoe wrote:If it is genetic why is the skin in my balding area 3 x tighter than in my fill area. Why is it that when I get stressed I feel my scalp tightening? Why is it that when I got married, I started balding way faster and my scalp always felt noticeably tighter than when I was a bachelor?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:12 pm

2020 wrote:seriously, there are so many theories as to what causes hair loss: inflammation, kidney/liver diseases, thyroids, western diet, candida, shape of your head, lack of exercise, allergies...... really?? With so much "information" here at hand, baldness should be cured yet I can't find anyone who regrew ANY hair!

Oh, and all those theories suggesting that there is something wrong with my body and that's why baldness sets in..... well guess what - I'm healthy. Everyone in my family lived way above life expectancy. No family history of any chronic diseases/cancer or anything like that. Both my grandparents are in their late 60's and they're very healthy for their age - will live another 20 years easily. I got good genetics in that department.
My diet/lifestyle is 10x worse that what they had, yet I've started to bald at nearly exact age as the person whom I inherited this baldness gene from. EXPLAIN ME THAT!

Americans are the most unhealthy people in the world, followed by Mexicans I believe.

There is nothing normal in acne, dandruff, loosing it early, prostate cancer, metabolic syndrome (MPB).

So you are just desperate.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:24 pm

LittleFighter wrote:Americans are the most unhealthy people in the world...

Per Dr. K who practices in both Europe and US, the US toxin load is 10 years ahead of Europe.

In other words, give it 10 years and our European counterparts will be at where we are now. Smile

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:32 pm

I totally agree with with 2020, it was an absolute coincidence that chelation, sorting out my oral health, intestinal health, diet, exercise regime, and stress hormones all happened prior to my hair loss slowing to a halt. I obviously un-genetics'd somehow.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 pm

aI totally agree with with 2020, it was an absolute coincidence that chelation, sorting out my oral health, intestinal health, diet, exercise regime, and stress hormones all happened prior to my hair loss slowing to a halt. I obviously un-genetics'd somehow.

That's it a r, now you're thinking the way Big Pharma wants you to! lol ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:12 am

I second hoppipolla

and MPB "IS" related to health and likely a sign of poor health, the canary in the coal mine. It's a sign of "aging". Or maybe you think it's a sign of vigorous youth? lol

Why then am I seeing people at younger ages get MPB if it is not linked to health? I went to many different hair dressers, all agreed that men are losing hair at younger ages. If this was evolution or genetics at work.. this is very rapid "selection" of the Balding genes that is so rapid in evolutionary terms. 50 yrs ago men in their 50s would start to bald, now men in their 18 and early 20s are bald. There is another factor, and it is related to life style environment food, in other words "health"

I am thinking you work for some pharmaceutical or you are some bitter "scientist" who believe everything your money masters teach you. Sure, it is not health, its just normal.. but there is a drug or a transplant Dr willing to fix it for you, right? Delegating responsibility so people like you and your money masters can make a profit, without fixing the root cause.

If you are honest in your quest, and a bit open minded, take a few months reading this website, then start complaining if you havent changed your mind by then.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:17 am

cpio wrote:
Dude, are you sure you married the right woman? Smile

lol, is there such a thing? all women are trouble, some less than other. You need to learn how to manage the stress your beloved partner will inevitably cause you.. and if she doesn't man you are lucky!
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:49 pm

2020 wrote:not a troll. Just can't believe some of you are using lasers, scalp exercises and what not to fight this hair loss even though no one has ever regrew hair from that.

It's scary because everytime I visit this forum, you guys convince me that I have hundreds of internal problems and that's what's causing hair loss even though I know I'm perfectly healthy...

I am regrowing my hair like crazy! so what now? And I am not even taking supplements...

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:10 pm

2020 wrote:I'm healthy. Everyone in my family is healthy and live long healthy lives, so none of your garbage here will help me.

None of your "information" on this forum will help anyone. Most of you don't have any problems. MPB is purely genetic. That's it. Get over it. Go do something else instead of making up theories

Just to pick up this point, one word: Epigenetics

"Health" is one factor that can control the expression of genes. So even if "MPB is purely genetic", health can influence it by how our genes respond, for benefit or detriment.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lambyjay Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:51 pm

rdkml wrote:
LittleFighter wrote:Americans are the most unhealthy people in the world...

Per Dr. K who practices in both Europe and US, the US toxin load is 10 years ahead of Europe.

In other words, give it 10 years and our European counterparts will be at where we are now. Smile

I must admit I do feel slightly better off with some of the regulations we have for farming here in Europe. However the use of rapeseed oil has exploded on the market. All the TV chefs are using it instead of olive oil now.....its frightening. Given the erucic acid content, is it even worse than Canola (even though less processing)?

With such use use of rapeseed oil, the downturn in so many economies resultant in greater demand for cheaper food, it could be less than 10 years....

P.S Like everyone Ive had ups and downs from what ive tried, but I defaintely have far more hair now than I would if i never stumbled upon this form. Thanks yall!

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  JeetKuneDo Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:22 am

SlowMoe wrote:The vast majority of transplant patients' transplanted hair falls out or shrivels and dies.
Not if the transplanted hair follicles are correctly taken out, handled and placed.

JeetKuneDo

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:15 am

JeetKuneDo wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:The vast majority of transplant patients' transplanted hair falls out or shrivels and dies.
Not if the transplanted hair follicles are correctly taken out, handled and placed.

How many transplant patients have you seen 20 years after the surgery?

I know if several millionaire celebs who had their transplants fall out. I'm assuming they could afford the good doctors.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:59 am

I agree with what Teacup pretty much said: MPB is related to to aging and this forum basically addresses reversing the aging process.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:47 am

SlowMoe wrote:How many transplant patients have you seen 20 years after the surgery?
Please don't take this the wrong way but your question exposes your lack of knowledge in this area. Let me try to explain and help educate you.

Back then both the techniques used and the doctors using them were in most cases, not good enough. But things have changed since then although even today we can find visible traces of these improper surgeries on the scalps of thousands upon thousands of mistreated hair loss sufferers. Luckily, these people can be more or less helped with todays modern repair techniques that exists within the hair restoration field.

Do keep in mind that back then many doctors harvested hairs from outside of the safe zones and this is one of the reasons why you've seen people lose transplanted hairs, but this is not due to the fact that transplanted hairs will die after 20 years, this is due to inferior techniques applied by inferior doctors.

Are there still inferior doctors out there performing hair surgeries? Yes, but with the help of Google and the willingness to learn, it is not too hard to find a good clinic using modern techniques rendering great results!

SlowMoe wrote:I know if several millionaire celebs who had their transplants fall out. I'm assuming they could afford the good doctors.
This trap is easy to fall into. Some how people tend to believe that "rich or famous people" never do any mistakes since they are wealthy. Well this is simply not true. I can give you several up to date examples if you want me to.

JeetKuneDo wrote:Not if the transplanted hair follicles are correctly taken out, handled and placed.
Bullseye.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:57 am

ferox wrote:
2020 wrote:not a troll. Just can't believe some of you are using lasers, scalp exercises and what not to fight this hair loss even though no one has ever regrew hair from that.

It's scary because everytime I visit this forum, you guys convince me that I have hundreds of internal problems and that's what's causing hair loss even though I know I'm perfectly healthy...

I am regrowing my hair like crazy! so what now? And I am not even taking supplements...

You must have ungenetics'd like a r! xD
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next