Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
JDP - Thieves Oil EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
JDP - Thieves Oil EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
JDP - Thieves Oil EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
JDP - Thieves Oil EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
JDP - Thieves Oil EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
JDP - Thieves Oil EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
JDP - Thieves Oil EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
JDP - Thieves Oil EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
JDP - Thieves Oil EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

JDP - Thieves Oil

4 posters

Go down

JDP - Thieves Oil Empty JDP - Thieves Oil

Post  virtua_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:09 am

Hi!

I read all the good things you said about Thieves Oil, so I got it from these guys:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-BOTTLE-Pure-THIEVES-Therapeutic-Grade-Essential-Oil-/280849168691?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4163ea3933#ht_2500wt_1037

Since I have gotten fungal sinusitis, my holistic doctor said it might be from behind the shower etc., so to be sure I wanted to spray with Thieves Oil.

Since diffuser is a bit expensive, I will try to spray first.

You said to only dilute it a little in water and spray, but how do you dilute it? How much water and how much oil?

Also, do you know of Thieves Oil could be taken into the nose to help with the fungal problem? Either in a neti pot or in a saline spray?

Thanks! Smile

virtua_

Back to top Go down

JDP - Thieves Oil Empty Re: JDP - Thieves Oil

Post  ubraj Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Sorry to say that I've tried that brand of thieves oil and I don't think it works nearly as well as the standard Young Living Thieves oil. I personally wouldn't recommend that brand or buy again but it is cheap. I can't be 100% certain however as I did clear up most of the mold in my home before using that brand but maybe it'll work for you.

Also, I've never used thieves oil to physically remove the mold but I use MMS which is probably the most powerful way. However it's toxic to breath the fumes and thus why thieves oil is used for the home as it's the fumes from thieves oil that makes it so useful in the home.

Basically, you put some drops in a small spray bottle randomly in the air so that the place smells of thieves oil. Like how using a diffuser would put the thieves oil in the air. Putting some in a small spray bottle would get the thieves oil in the air. Or alternatively can put some in a pot on the stove with some water in it. As the water boils, it will release the thieves oil in the air and you'll smell it. The smell goes away by the morning so it's never really bothered me. It's this smell that inhibits mold.

With that said, that brand however seems very watered down and there isn't much smell like what you'd get from Young Living. So I couldn't say how much thieves oil to how much water other than you'd want to make sure it's enough where you can smell it.

I'd be very careful with putting thieves oil in a netti pot. It may dry out your nose extremely bad! Be very careful. I wouldn't.

Last edited by rdkml on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Cinnamon oil is effective and cheap.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks Gibson, I'll have to try it.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:38 pm

FYI: I have only used cinnamon bark oil. I'm not sure if cinnamon leaf oil is as effective.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:28 am

Thanks a lot for the feedback jdp, I appreciate it! Smile

But when you say put it in a spray bottle and spray, you mean diluted in water, or do you just spray the pure oil out?

I sprayed my bathroom today with the oil mixed with hot water and the smell was really overpowering. It still smells! Hehe

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:07 am

Yes, used it diluted if you're going to put it in a spray bottle. Diluted means to put some drops of thieves oil with mostly water.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:35 am

Thanks again man, MUCH appreciated! Smile

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:52 pm

hey rdkml
i got fungal dermatitis on several parts of my body does thieves oil or something else help with that?

hey does this MMS thing work i what do you need to do with it for mold in the house? do i use it for cleaning or do i just set it up in the room and leave it there?
still confused about the quantities of citric acid and mms i need for that

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:28 pm

another question: how does one get rid of mold like in clothing and bed sheets and the like?

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:52 pm

I don't have any experience using thieves oil topically but I have a lot of experience using grapefruit seed extract topically for a lot of similar issues. Grapefruit seed extract (I use the nutribiotic brand) works well in a lot of similar issues so you can always try that.

I personally just use MMS for cleaning mold and is probably the strongest remedy for it. However, the fumes are toxic and you don't want to breath it. Because of that, it's not recommended to put MMS in a home unless you're not in it. Dr. Loyd mentions using it in cars (ALL cars have mold issues) however because it would be easy to air out the car. Just don't spill it as it with bleach.

My bottle of MMS says 1:9 ratio of MMS to Citric Acid.

Clear ammonia is a good way to help clean clothes in the washing machine. Borax is an alternative. It will help inhibit mold but I'm not sure if it does anything for mycotoxins however like clear ammonia.

In short, I used borax for years but now all I use it clear ammonia.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down