Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
body hair and hair loss EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
body hair and hair loss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
body hair and hair loss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
body hair and hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
body hair and hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
body hair and hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
body hair and hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
body hair and hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
body hair and hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

body hair and hair loss

+6
dreft
dadon
Swimmy
9rugrats5
Mawson06
niff1250
10 posters

Go down

body hair and hair loss Empty body hair and hair loss

Post  niff1250 Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:20 am

Hi,

This topic has been discussed a couple of times but no real conclusion at the end.
Is there a correlation between hair loss and body hair ?
I do have shoulder hair and chest hair. It's not huge but it seems it keeps on growing at a slow rate.
Is getting body hair a hormonal imbalence ? premature aging ? or just normal and natural ?

I always suspected that my hair loss was the consequence of my horrible hygiene : no physical activity, smoking pots many times a day for many years, junk food etc.
I made a lifestyle change in the hope to correct this but no real result so far. Maybe the hair loss has slowed down, maybe.

It's only recently that I thought about body hair. If body hair is normal and has nothing to do with lifestyle, it's probably the same for hair loss.

niff1250

Back to top Go down

body hair and hair loss Empty Re: body hair and hair loss

Post  Mawson06 Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 pm

I believe there is a strong correlation between lots of body hair and premature hair loss.

Mawson06

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Maybe it is an overcompensation of some sort.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 pm

I think there is a correlation. I suffer from it to...It seems like at times that the excessive body hair is as big as a issue for me as losing my hair. In fact it makes me quite angry to know that I'm I'm losing my hair. But growing hair in the places I don't want it.

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:29 pm

It looks like there's a correlation although there's no study to back it up.
It sucks because it means : if it's impossible to stop body hair growth, it should also be impossible to stop hair loss,
at least without hormonal modifications like propecia. I fail to see how supplements, good diet, exercising etc. could change that. I hope I'm wrong.

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  dadon Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Its definitely true. I´m growing gross hair on my shoulders, arms and back. In on of his interviews Ray Peat said that he experienced a bodyhair-shedding when he moved to a sunny region which led him into studying hormones. I´ve been doing red-light-therapy for a while but it hasn´t effected my body hair so there might be more to the story than just sunlight.

dadon

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:44 am

Actually, DHT kills scalp hair and increases body hair. When I was taking fin the "nice" side effect was a good decrease in body hair.
But there are bold men with almost no body hair and very hairy ones with perfect hairlines, so there isn't a direct corelation.
Apart from DHT inhibitors, I don't know any other method to decrease it.

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 am

mihai wrote:
Apart from DHT inhibitors, I don't know any other method to decrease it.

If you have no control over your body hair growth, how could you have any over your scalp ?

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:03 pm

niff1250 wrote:It looks like there's a correlation although there's no study to back it up.
It sucks because it means : if it's impossible to stop body hair growth, it should also be impossible to stop hair loss,
at least without hormonal modifications like propecia. I fail to see how supplements, good diet, exercising etc. could change that. I hope I'm wrong.

I think a healthy diet would help reduce body hair.

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:09 am

Why would body hair need to be fixed with a healthy diet?
But yea after losing hair on my scalp and crown it started to grow on my back this year....
grrrrr

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawson06 Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Is interesting to see how many posters here fall under the same category. I for instance have excessive body hair, permanent 5 o'clock shadow, am very prone to acne and hence have an often oily complexion definitely depending on what I eat. I also have relatively skinny arms and legs whereas if I over eat always end up with a pot belly. I have been told time and time again these are all classic signs of too much DHT. As a result my hairloss was very aggressive and started when I was about 18, I am now 29 and would be about 3.5 on the norwood scale. Am hoping someone with a very similar situation to mine has had some success and maybe could try replicate their regimen to some point. I believe I have what would be known as the male version of PCOS.

Mawson06

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:22 pm

I've found that :
http://www.ehow.com/how_4797451_reduce-hair-growth-naturally.html

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Swimmy wrote:
I think a healthy diet would help reduce body hair.

It does, since a healthy diet indirectly reduces DHT level.

For example, I was on a no sugar and grains diet for 2-3 weeks and I started to get the side effects from the time I was on fin. It definitely reduces DHT IME. Also coconut oil does the same to me. I would bet one can get a lab test for DHT, got an a no sugar (that means no fruit, nothing)/grains+coconut oil for a couple of weeks/month and redo the lab to see dht levels lowered. But is hard to keep such a diet, and blocking DHT will only help so much, it is not everything...

Mawson06 - for acne/oily skin try B5, it should work.

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:16 pm

mihai wrote:
For example, I was on a no sugar and grains diet for 2-3 weeks and I started to get the side effects from the time I was on fin.

What side effects were these? If you are talking about low libido, low energy, a lot of people going low carb get these and don't think it has anything to do with DHT.

http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011/11/7/becoming-a-wild-sexual-animal-part-ii-restoring-libido-viril.html

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:54 am

tooyoung wrote:
mihai wrote:
For example, I was on a no sugar and grains diet for 2-3 weeks and I started to get the side effects from the time I was on fin.

What side effects were these? If you are talking about low libido, low energy, a lot of people going low carb get these and don't think it has anything to do with DHT.

http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011/11/7/becoming-a-wild-sexual-animal-part-ii-restoring-libido-viril.html

No, it wasn't low libido, actually one of my problems is high libido (which I think is genetics for me, as it always was like this). Yes, as noted on dannyroddy's site is true also IME: sugar does raise libido, that is one of the reasons I avoid it. The other one is that it kills my hair, although danny recommends it for hair (?)...I don't understand why, in my experience it kills the hair. The good part about sugar is lowering cortisol and raising body's temp.

The side effects were strange headaches, difficulty urinating (normally fin should cure, not cause this), testicle pain, very low resistance to stress. I stopped and restarted fin at least 3 times, the same symptoms appeared every time, so I'm 100% sure it is caused by fin. Actually by inhibiting 5ar, since I have the same symptoms with natural 5ar inhibitors as well.

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:40 am

mihai wrote: although danny recommends it for hair (?)...I don't understand why

http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2012/2/27/sugar-pure-white-awesome.html

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Hairbeback wrote:Why would body hair need to be fixed with a healthy diet?
But yea after losing hair on my scalp and crown it started to grow on my back this year....
grrrrr

Hormonal imbalances caused by bad foods.

I think lowering your consumption of Fried foods and carb's would help normalize body hair.

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Mawson06 wrote:I believe there is a strong correlation between lots of body hair and premature hair loss.

I don't think so. My dad is the most hairy guy on the planet! And he is not bald! Wink

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSparkle Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 pm

I started low carbing when I around 20 years old, and I didn't have much body hair then, and for the next few years while I was low carbing I didn't develop grow much body hair, but I did develop MPB. When I started eating more sugar/ray-peat style my hair loss slowed and body hair started to grow. This is basically the opposite of what people say.

MrSparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Do you think this hypthesis make sense ?

1. body hair with no hairloss : lot of DHT but folicules aren't sensitive to DHT
2. No body hair with hairloss : not a lot of DHT but folicules very sensitive to DHT
3. Lot of body hair with hairloss : lot of DHT and folicules sensitive to DHT.

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down