Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation?

+12
Gibson
Whip
goten574
9rugrats5
NeonMonk
niff1250
AS54
hellwig
FATE
gbp2000
sanderson
Hoppipolla
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation?

Post  goten574 Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:33 am

hellwig wrote:Was it toco-8?

It was similar to this, same brand but had 75mg of tocos instead of 60mg and had added MSM:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU356/ItemDetail

I took this for 6 months. On the 7th month, I ordered one bottle of 60mg tocos from vitacost. I believe it was NSI brand.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation?

Post  Whip Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:54 am

Topical wheat germ oil and niacin. The oil will probably cause the niacin (vasodilator) to stick more so it should heat up that niacin straight. We're still looking at some form of VEGF increase.

I noticed darker hair when using a topical niacin rinse, it's also in polysorbate80 but I didn't notice any flushing when it was in that. Wheat germ oil has vitamin e and might do something, but I'm not sure what else you would use. Although, wheat germ oil (internally) did make me balloon up for some reason but I don't think it's an estro, just hormone balancing it says but who knows. Just throwing some thoughts around. Also, you would need something to soften the scalp skin, like shea butter or something similar.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:32 am

Bingo.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20120003300.pdf

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:54 pm

topical cinnamon bark oil helps. if applied straight, causes a flush similar to niacin

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Whip wrote:Bingo.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20120003300.pdf

Thanks Whip, this is worth reading.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:07 am

Minoxidil is a vasodilator, and works primarily by increasing blood flow.

I have been doing a lot of research and my plans are to try the scalp exercise and:

1. Make a rub using onion and garlic juice
2. Make a rub using cayenne, alcohol and olive oil
3. Use folligen, which contains copper peptides and such.
4. Take a supplement targeted at hair loss like hairomega.
5. Use some sort of stimulating device talked about on bornagainhair.com
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:02 am

Hairomega looks like the ultimate hairloss supplement. Why does no-one talk about it?

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:15 am

I dont really think there is a single treatment that will, by itself, yield dramatic results, thats why you dont really hear much about supplements like this. I believe that regrowing hair requires a multi-faceted approach.

1. Slow the production of DHT.
2. Introduce normal blood flow to the scalp.
3. Nourish the follicles back to health.

I think this requires the use of several different methods..

Plus most testimonials praising non medical or surgical methods of hair restoration are bashed to death by people I assume to be professional writers paid by drug companies and such.

I mean it is quite plain to me that hairloss (MPB) is directly attributed to poor circulation, which is also closely tied in with a tight scalp. I recently shaved my head and if you squeeze the skin where the hair loss is occuring, and then right next to it where there is hair growing, the skin on the bald part is like 5 times tighter. There is not a doubt in my mind that tight scalp (galea) is the prime factor in male pattern baldness.

Yes some people may be genetically disposed to higher stress, or more DHT production, but I believe the root cause is the tight scalp choking off circulation and allowing toxins, like DHT to build up and become stagnant.

Restoring circulation is the key.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:13 am

Edit: Repost
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Bump
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:44 am

I mean, one would imagine that if one hair loss topical boosted circulation strongly enough, you wouldn't need to do anything else though, and the hair would just grow.

The best I have seen on the natural front are niacin, cayenne and onion.

Commercially I am most interested in minoxidil, copper peptides and VEGF in terms of sheer potency.

So erm... is niacin alone applied regularly topically not enough? It seems pretty strong...
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:46 am

Man I wish there was some way to know for sure.

I'll tell you that if you open up your pores with hot water and put some cayenne on there you can definately tell somethings going on up there. I think there is a reason so many cultures to improve circulation.
I'm gonna start making batches of topical using onions garlic and cayenne blended up and the paste applied to my head.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:52 am

SlowMoe wrote:Man I wish there was some way to know for sure.

I'll tell you that if you open up your pores with hot water and put some cayenne on there you can definately tell somethings going on up there. I think there is a reason so many cultures to improve circulation.
I'm gonna start making batches of topical using onions garlic and cayenne blended up and the paste applied to my head.

I heard mixing onion and garlic together is a bad idea. Not sure why, just something I read before.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:03 pm

goten574 wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:Man I wish there was some way to know for sure.

I heard mixing onion and garlic together is a bad idea. Not sure why, just something I read before.

Yah sounds gross! I wouldn't put THAT on my pasta! What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 JnHak
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 pm

SlowMoe wrote:Minoxidil is a vasodilator, and works primarily by increasing blood flow.

I have been doing a lot of research and my plans are to try the scalp exercise and:

1. Make a rub using onion and garlic juice
2. Make a rub using cayenne, alcohol and olive oil
3. Use folligen, which contains copper peptides and such.
4. Take a supplement targeted at hair loss like hairomega.
5. Use some sort of stimulating device talked about on bornagainhair.com

It doesn't exactly work by increasing blood flow, I suspect, but rather by increasing the fenestrations of the existing network. It makes it more leaky. That lowers blood pressure and increases tissue / blood infusion levels.

Look to capillary loop formation....

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Ive done some research on capillary loops and I'm not sure how it ties in with what we are trying to accomplish.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 pm

maybe this how papain worked for prague?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:09 am

hoppipolla wrote:I kinda wanted to liberate this topic from any one individual and try to get to the core of it, as it does seem to have potential.

The top methods I seem to come across seem to be certain kinds of massages (not sure on specifics), lowering the head (e.g. handstands or hanging it off of a bed), VEGF, rosemary, cayenne, minoxidil and copper peptides.

I'd love to explore this a bit further and determine the strongest methods. One would imagine that if we determine a strong enough one, it should be a good (IMO quick fix / band-aid) treatment for everyone.

I hope this thread proves useful!

Hoppi!

Handstands are not enough - you need to work out upside down as then it increases intra cranial pressure still further, hence handstand pushups...!

Lots of other things you can do with free weights too.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:57 pm

SlowMoe wrote:Ive done some research on capillary loops and I'm not sure how it ties in with what we are trying to accomplish.

Try looking through what I've written before - it's the difference between vellus and terminal hair.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:00 am

Ive been looking into the circulation part of the debate a little myself, and I do feel it is a factor for some people.
I hear fishoil thins the blood, but what Ive done for my regime to improve circulation is L-Arginine, gingko biloba and vitamin E from a product called Unique E, and I find it is a really high quality product and I also feel the blood flow differences in my head taking these three, especially when together. For topical Ive been using castor oil mixed with Rosemary extract and a little cayenne. Ive on and off tried scalp exercises and messaging and I normally feel something going on up there when I do, but Ive never focused on it much.

If bad plaques and crap can clog arteries and veins as you age from cholesterol building up, then imagine what they can do to clog tiny capillaries in the scalp, which is why I think one should keep their system fully cleaned out and free flowing!
I'm starting to add in cardio to my week, but Ive normally been getting exercise through calisthenics, and I'm into acrobatics and I do handstands regularly. An idea I thought of to get more daily inversion duration would be raising the foot side of your bed to where it is above the head side, which may get more blood to the head while sleeping since your feet will be elevated some. I have a cheap frame style bed which allows me to do this but idk how well. They do say that hair grows most when asleep, and I wonder if this has to do with the laying down aspect since your head is more level with the heart?

One more thing Id like to add to this, I have payed more attention to head shapes, sizes, hair lines and hair types more lately, and one thing I cant help but notice in male or female is it appears that people who generally have smaller foreheads/ lower hair lines, also tend to have a smaller upper diameter of head. Like hair line aside, theres less space from the top of the head down to their eyebrows. This to me could indicate how some people are naturally not predisposed to hair loss due to either A.) less scalp/upper head volume to supply blood to. And/or B.) a naturally more efficient and robust network of veins and capillaries running throughout their head. But if hair loss is prevented due to B being because of A then its possibly a chicken or the egg type of thing..
I personally have always had a highish hairline even when I was little, though what may help me against full balding is that I have a small head..

Example of what I mean in regards to scalp dimensions.

Low hair line a product of a smaller upper half of head?
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 Jor-el11

and extreme example lol

What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 Ancien10

the opposite
What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 Grant-11

What DO we think are the strongest ways to improve scalp circulation? - Page 2 Wallst10

Its apparent to me that the blood network in the last two examples would have to be greater than in the first two just based on head dimensions. Maybe this has to do with that skull expansion that Ive heard about, because I also think about the dad on "That 70's show'' and he's currently bald; but his upper head looks huge regardless if he were bald or not. If there's any merit to what Im suggesting here then that could imply a greater need for increased circulation and angiogensis of the scalp in balding, or higher hairline groups... Idk Id like to hear some opinions on my little ramble here! lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2