Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it!

+2
hellwig
tudor
6 posters

Go down

Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! Empty Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it!

Post  tudor Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 am

would love some opinions on this!
tudor
tudor

Back to top Go down

Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! Empty Re: Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it!

Post  hellwig Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 am

I've eliminated carb based foods, apart from fruit, and feel better for it. I realise that carbs just bloat me and make me feel tired

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it! Empty Re: Ketogenic Diet-share your opinion if you tried it!

Post  MrSparkle Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Experiences: hair loss, mild rosacea, dandruff, thyroid shut down, adrenal overload, blood shot eyes, sinus blockage, mild scurvy.

MrSparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Could not handle low carb, adrenaline surges, fatigue, irritability were too much to bare.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Whoa, this is crazy... Sometimes I wonder if people on this board read minds... I just started ketogenic diet a few weeks ago. I feel great. But I would not go 0 carb - I believe that is a disaster waiting to happen. You will have a hard time sustaining it.

My diet consists of fish, chicken, whole eggs, veggies (romaine lettuce, spinache, broccoli, peas, green beans), all natural peanut butter 1 tablespoon in between meals for energy as a snack (no more than twice a day). For fats, I use olive oil or real mayonnaise (no sugar added) at meals - no more than 1 Tablespoon per meal. I also allow myself to substitue the snacks with a 1 ounce piece of 0 carb monterey jack cheese instead of the PB.

I am currently taking in roughly 10 net carbs a day, the rest of my diet is primairly fat (60 percent or so) and protein (35 percent or so). I feel really good and actually I typically suffer from Rosacea. I haven't noticed any major problems since starting. I have been sleeping better too.

I think the key with Keto is to get enough fat in your diet for energy and get enough calories. Don't undereat. The first few weeks your body is in shock, because it switches from using sugar/carbs as energy to fat/stored fat. Also, I would avoid fruit if you are doing Keto - at least at the beginning.

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  tudor Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm

"unfortunate" you're consuming a bit to much protein, try to eat more organ meats...try to reduce protein intake to 20-25%..as you said "I think the key with Keto is to get enough fat in your diet for energy and get enough calories. Don't undereat."...so eat more fat and moderate your protein intake...1g protein per pound of bodyweight is the standard....but going just a bit over this won't be a problem..just keep it moderate and try to introduce more organ meats, bone broth...

Last edited by tudor on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
tudor
tudor

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:41 pm

tudor wrote:"unfortunate" you're consuming a bit to much protein, try to eat more organ meats...try to reduce protein intake to 20-25%..as you said "I think the key with Keto is to get enough fat in your diet for energy and get enough calories. Don't undereat."...so eat more fat and moderate your protein intake

You may be right, I'm not exactly sure of the percentages to be accurate, but my protein intake is roughly my body weight in grams per day. I also heavy lift.

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:44 pm

I could never handle eating fat as my highest % macro nutrient. jdp also advocates low fat diets to combat a specific biofilm, or biofilms in general, not sure which.

Peat recommends roughly 90g minimum protein to aid the thyroid I believe, although this figure can greatly vary depending on size, activity level etc..

Unfortunate - Your diet also sounds highish in PUFA, which, if you believe Peat's articles, are not good.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml
"Unsaturated oils, especially polyunsaturates, weaken the immune system's function in ways that are similar to the damage caused by radiation, hormone imbalance, cancer, aging, or viral infections."

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsuitablefats.shtml
"By the 1940s, the polyunsaturated oils, including fish oils, were known to cause deterioration of the brain, muscles, and gonads in a variety of animals, and this was found to be caused mainly by their destruction of vitamin E."

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tudor Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 pm

In my opinion eating a ketogenic diet should be in the cold seasons and going back to loish carb intake in the rest of the time..going on a ketogenik diet is beneficial but don't think that for long periods of time...i'm trying to go for 2 months...asses how i'm feeling and then go for a paleo low-moderate "safe" starch consumption aproach next 2-3 months..asses how i'm feeling and decide when i feel better
tudor
tudor

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:19 pm

This is extremely interesting to me. I am considering moving toward a ketogenic diet. I also feel intuitively that for short periods of time, or certain seasons of the year it will be beneficial. I am currently on a very balanced diet of roughly 40C/30P/30F and I've seen benefits with it, but I am extremely sugar sensitive and want to experiment with lower sugar intake to see if there are any benefits. I know this forum is extremely divided on the matter and I've seen evidence that supports both sides, so really the best way is to experiment on one's own and listen carefully to your body.

But I am concerned about the biofilm aspect of a high fat diet. I am currently trying to put together a program for reducing biofilm and I don't want to sacrifice the success of this. I find myself frustrated by how difficult it is trying to accomplish multiple health goals at the same time. But here is what seems to be a contradiction staring me right in the face. Oil pulling is advocated by many members of the forum and has been used in ayurvedic medicine for centuries to promote oral health, so if fat was truly something that caused biofilms (plaque) to proliferate, wouldn't the act of oil pulling cause worse dental plaque rather than benefit the oral cavity?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down