Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion

3 posters

Go down

Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion Empty Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Pediatr Dermatol. 2011 Dec 30. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1470.2011.01692.x. [Epub ahead of print]
Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion.
Nomiyama T, Arakawa A, Hattori S, Konishi K, Takenaka H, Katoh N.

Department of Dermatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan Department of Dermatology, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan Department of Dermatology, Kyoto City Hospital, Kyoto, Japan.

  Treatment of infantile acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) may cause failure to thrive and hypogonadism due to hypopituitarism induced by chemotherapy and whole-brain radiotherapy. We report the case of a 22-year-old girl with a genetic predisposition to pattern hair loss who developed inveterate diffuse alopecia. The patient had onset of ALL at 8 years old and underwent bone marrow transplantation (BMT). Diffuse alopecia gradually advanced over her whole body. Her vellus scalp hair gradually came out, and hair loss progressed again at 8 years, after BMT. She later developed iatrogenic failure of secretion of estrogen and was treated with estrogen substitution therapy for 14 months from the age of 20. There was a small increase in the volume of hair during therapy, but alopecia returned to the former level after the therapy was suspended. Histopathologic examinations of the scalp performed during estrogen substitution therapy and 2 years after suspension of the therapy showed a 60% decrease in the number of hair follicles and prominent development of vellus hair. We conclude that estrogen influenced hair growth in the context of a genetic predisposition for pattern hair loss in this case.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion Empty Re: Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion

Post  Mastery Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Very interesting IH... Great find.

So not sue uf yo saw my other posts, and forgive for being repetitious - what would you suggest to raise testosterone naturally and safely - or would you go the patch route?

Best, M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion Empty Re: Intractable Diffuse Alopecia Caused by Multifactorial Side-Effects in Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: Connection to Iatrogenic Failure of Estrogen Secretion

Post  Yanks Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:37 am

Mastery,

I would think that your diet alone should help raise T levels very significantly. Only thing is the wheat which could be interfearing there. Tim Ferris claimed to have tripled his T levels by eating only grass fed beef and raw nuts (I think for 3 or 4 weeks or so). Not sure if it's true or not. Also, I know I can't really eat nuts. Once I cut them out my digestion improved a lot and my scalp got better. I think it was the beef more so than the nuts though anyway.

Basically, anything that lowers cortisol should help with T (ashgawanda, ginseng etc). Also things that should help. but may or may not have a direct relationship would be Maca, Vitex/Muira puama (both lower prolactin), Passion Flower, zinc (which you may get plenty of anyway).

And do you do heavy squats? I know you lift weights and do other workouts (I started doing handstand pushups btw!), but squats, and deadlifts, are amazing for bringing T and GH up IME.

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-squat-with-proper-technique-fix-common-problems/

Check this site out. It shows how to properly squat, and has a ton of other info and motivating articles. No need to subscribe to the whole workout, but the info on squats is pretty cool.

You can also try cycles of Nettle Root. I don't believe it will increase T, but allowd for more free T. I liked it in the past and it seemed to be of a little benefit for my hair. I would seem to hit a wall if I used a decent amount for a few weeks consistently though. My theory is it frees up T giving you benefits, but if you're not actively increasing T production then it gets used up and the new T reserves can't keep up. IDK if that makes any sense though as I haven't kept up on sex hormones science in a while.

Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Thank you this is helpful. Agree about the squats.

PS - when you do hand stand push ups, touch your hand to each shoulder on full extension & then go down & repeat - changes the blood flow to scalp to only have one arm bearing your weight...!
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down