Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation

+20
GreenPower
Whip
LA-Night
Yanks
DM5
Odysseus
act
empty
9rugrats5
tooyoung
Hoppipolla
Mastery
CausticSymmetry
Raxe
fredounet
scottyc33
phoenix21
crincrin
abc123
ubraj
24 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 Empty Re: Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation

Post  act<react Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:30 pm

Recent and historical evidence is consistent with the view that atherosclerosis is an infectious disease or microbial toxicosis impacted by genetics and behavior. Because small bacterial-like particles, also known as nanobacteria have been detected in kidney stones, kidney and liver cyst fluids, and can form a calcium apatite coat we posited that this agent is present in calcified human atherosclerotic plaques. Carotid and aortic atherosclerotic plaques and blood samples collected at autopsy were examined for nanobacteria-like structures by light microscopy (hematoxylin-eosin and a calcium-specific von Kossa staining), immuno-gold labeling for transmission electron microscopy (TEM) for specific nanobacterial antigens, and propagation from homogenized, filtered specimens in culture medium. Nanobacterial antigens were identified in situ by immuno-TEM in 9 of 14 plaque specimens, but none of the normal carotid or aortic tissue (5 specimens). Nanobacteria-like particles were propagated from 26 of 42 sclerotic aorta and carotid samples and were confirmed by dot immunoblot, light microscopy and TEM. [3H]L-aspartic acid was incorporated into high molecular weight compounds of demineralized particles. PCR amplification of 16S rDNA sequences from the particles was unsuccessful by traditional protocols. Identification of nanobacteria-like particles at the lesion supports, but does not by itself prove the hypothesis that these agents contribute to the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, especially vascular calcifications.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 Empty Re: Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation

Post  crincrin Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:41 pm

I've got three interesting studies here. Don't know what to make of all this, but you guys might find it interesting.

Familial hypercholesterolemia is a disease caused by a genetic defect that prevents the liver from removing cholesterol from the blood. The result is high cholesterol levels.

http://www.bmj.com/content/322/7293/1019.full

This is a graph from the study. It looks at mortality in people with FH compared to the general population, starting from the 1800's.

In the modern day, high cholesterol is associated with increased mortality. But notice that high cholesterol correlated with reduced mortality prior to 1900, then mortality rose and peaked in the 50's, then started to come down again.

Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 F2.medium

What else peaked in the 50's? Smoking and DDT use, of the top of my head. DDT use also correlates pretty damn well with the incidence of poliomyelitis, the neurological consequences of infection by the polio virus. (zoom out if you can't see the whole thing)

Burden of infection on Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid, Stress, and Inflammation - Page 10 Pol_all

Which leads to the next study. LPS is a bacterial toxin that triggers the immune system. LDL binds to the toxin and prevents the immune system from triggering a fatal response.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8617867?dopt=Abstract

And the last one: Apo B (an LDL protein) reduces the ability of Staphylococcus bacteria to initiate an invasive infection. It does this by binding to a communication molecule produced by Staph.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2639768/?tool=pmcentrez

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:46 pm

That's a great post crincrin! I can't say much on it, but I'll dig into this more.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:23 pm

crincrin,

Yes, you're correct IMO/IME. Newport has told me and I agree that, "cholesterol is an immune reaction."

Should mention my total cholesterol dropped 40 points in 4 months when I started Rife. No other changes but Rife.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 pm

I've been wondering about that, I know that certain pathogens oxidize lipids such as in the heart, but I couldn't find a clear answer on whether or not this was the mechanism that the pathogen brought itself or something defensive by the host. I'm never surprised anymore by how many "diseases" or ailments are just our body battening down the hatches, so to speak.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:50 am

Hiya, I think I can get a bit more stuck in here now as I understand much more and also think my hair loss may have a connection to pathogens too.

So, how many people are on Rife now then? I've just been doing some crude "zapping" with a 9v battery (the tapping technique, which mimics a Hulda Clark style zapper at around 5-10hz) but would love to gradually move up to something closer to a full Rife machine (I believe I actually understand how to make one, at least mostly).

But yeah erm, just wanted to get back into this thread and have a chat, as I'm still learning more every day Smile

Hoppi
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:10 am

Cholesterol is protective. When cholesterol levels drop, it's because inflammation has gone down (reduction in infection).

When cholesterol rises, it is the body's method to increase hormone activity (whether it be thyroid hormone, vitamin D, Testosterone, etc).

Needless to say here, lowering cholesterol using drugs is absolutely crazy.

Rife must have neutralized some infection, pretty interesting stuff.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:12 pm

If you take simvastatin to control cholesterol, watch out for infection says new( re)port
New research published in the Journal of Leukocyte Biology suggests that simvastatin negatively impacts the immune system's ability to clear infection and control inflammation in the presence of bacteria

Simvastatin might help us control our cholesterol, but when it comes to infection, it's an entirely different story says a new research study published in the Journal of Leukocyte Biology (http://www.jleukbio.org). In the research report, scientists from Italy show that simvastatin delivers a one-two punch to the immune system. First it impairs the ability of specialized immune cells, called macrophages, to kill pathogens. Then, it enhances production of molecules, called cytokines, which trigger and sustain inflammation.

"Statins are key drugs in the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease," said Cosima T. Baldari, Ph.D., a scientist from the Department of Evolutionary Biology at the University of Siena in Siena, Italy, who was involved in the research. "Our understanding of how these drugs affect the immune system should help maximize the benefits of these excellent drugs."

To make this discovery, the researchers conducted experiments using human cells and then followed up by conducting additional experiments in mice. They used human macrophages derived from blood samples of healthy donors and murine (mouse) macrophages. The macrophages were incubated with Staphlococcus aureus, a pathogen commonly found on the skin and in the upper airways. Once the infection manifested, researchers analyzed the bactericidal response of macrophages treated with simvastatin. Results showed that the treated macrophages were significantly impaired in both the removal of the pathogen and related cell debris and the killing of ingested bacteria compared to untreated cells. Additionally, the treated cells produced higher amounts of cytokines, which are responsible for triggering and sustaining inflammation. The same experiment was conducted in vivo, using mouse models, with similar results.

There is a substantial amount of evidence that relatively low cholesterol levels in apparently healthy individuals is associated with increased subsequent mortality from cancer. It is also associated with other, non-heart related deaths. A group at the Center for Clinical Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, tested whether the effectiveness of their immune systems differed in individuals with high and low levels of blood cholesterol.[i] The low cholesterol group's cholesterol averaged 3.9 mmol/L (151 mg/dL); the high cholesterol group averaged 6.8 mmol/L (261 mg/dL). The immune systems of the men in the low cholesterol group were significantly less effective than those of the high cholesterol group. This finding was not surprising as several studies have shown that cholesterol is necessary for the proper functioning of blood cells — macrophages and lymphocytes — that form part of our immune systems. For this reason low blood cholesterol undoubtedly adversely affects our bodies' ability to fight infection. This could well be another reason why infectious diseases are becoming more prevalent in our society.

Tuberculosis (TB), a disease thought to have been conquered decades ago, is returning. It has been noticed that low levels of cholesterol are common in patients suffering from TB. TB patients with low cholesterol also have higher death rates, particularly those cases with small (military) nodules. A hospital for respiratory diseases tested whether giving TB patients high-cholesterol meals would be effective in treating their condition.[ii] They split patients into two groups. One had meals containing 800 mg of cholesterol per day; the other had 250 mg of cholesterol per day. The trial was a success. By the second week, the numbers of TB bacteria in sputum was reduced 80% in the high-cholesterol group; it was only reduced by 9% in the low-cholesterol group. High-cholesterol diets now form part of the treatment for TB.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:54 pm

B. burgdorferi is one of the few pathogenic bacteria that can survive without iron, having replaced all of its iron-sulfur cluster enzymes with enzymes that use manganese, thus avoiding the problem many pathogenic bacteria face in acquiring iron.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:54 am

jdp701 wrote:
B. burgdorferi is one of the few pathogenic bacteria that can survive without iron, having replaced all of its iron-sulfur cluster enzymes with enzymes that use manganese, thus avoiding the problem many pathogenic bacteria face in acquiring iron.

Well isn't that... convenient...
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:55 am

Goes along with my other rants about dangers of iron (i.e. insulin resistance, increased bacterial and fungal issues, etc.). Also shows why you find borrelias/lyme in childhood ailments.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:29 am

jdp701 wrote:Goes along with my other rants about dangers of iron (i.e. insulin resistance, increased bacterial and fungal issues, etc.). Also shows why you find borrelias/lyme in childhood ailments.

Hey jdp. Do you recommend taking iron with zinc? I hear zinc without iron sends mercury to the brain...

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:36 am

I don't recommend iron supplement at all. If someone is anemic and believes it's due to low iron, in most cases IP6 clears that right up.... rust.

Regarding iron and zinc, it's actually copper and zinc. Don't ever take a zinc supplement without the added copper if mercury toxic.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:26 am

jdp701 wrote:I don't recommend iron supplement at all. If someone is anemic and believes it's due to low iron, in most cases IP6 clears that right up.... rust.

Regarding iron and zinc, it's actually copper and zinc. Don't ever take a zinc supplement without the added copper if mercury toxic.

hope this helps

Right, copper. That's what I meant. Thanks jdp.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Hoppipolla wrote:Hiya, I think I can get a bit more stuck in here now as I understand much more and also think my hair loss may have a connection to pathogens too.

So, how many people are on Rife now then? I've just been doing some crude "zapping" with a 9v battery (the tapping technique, which mimics a Hulda Clark style zapper at around 5-10hz) but would love to gradually move up to something closer to a full Rife machine (I believe I actually understand how to make one, at least mostly).

But yeah erm, just wanted to get back into this thread and have a chat, as I'm still learning more every day Smile

Hoppi

let us know how you go with that Rolling Eyes

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:09 am

Was looking for this exact study since jdp referred to it a while back, found it on Curezone.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8686573

The authors found that antibiotics used to treat various infections often were ineffective in the presence of abnormal localized deposits of heavy metals like Hg and Pb, which were often observed to co-exist with Chlamydia trachomatis, Herpes Simplex Types I & II, Cytomegalovirus(CMV), and other micro-organisms. Our earlier research revealed that despite rigorous treatment with antibiotics together with various drug uptake enhancement techniques, subjects who had been treated for Chlamydia trachomatis infections, seemingly successfully with disappearance of their symptoms, were often experiencing recurrences within several months after completion of their treatment despite taking precautions against reinfection. Careful examination of the entire body of these symptom-free patients with the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test revealed that the Chlamydia trachomatis had retreated to 3 approximately 5 hiding places with localized increase in uric acid levels: 1) sublingual caruncle, 2) a small round area in the right and/or left axillae, 3) the genitals (Corona Glandis area of the Glans Penis at the Fossa Navicularis of the urethra in the male, and near the orifice of the urethra in the female), 4) Insulin-like Growth Factor positive horizontal lines, particularly above and below the knees, 5) the maxillary, ethmoid and frontal sinuses and the horizontal lines at the base of the nostrils (particularly small areas where Insulin-like Growth Factors exist). We found that all these areas contain Insulin-like Growth Factors I & II which are reduced in the presence of infection. Even when drug uptake of antibiotics was selectively increased in these 3 approximately 5 areas by various drug uptake enhancement methods developed by the 1st author, still the infection persisted. In the spring of 1995, use of Chinese parsley for successful elimination of Hg deposits existing in various organs of the first author as the result of the decay of radioactive Thallium 201 injected for cardiac SPECT, was accidentally discovered after eating Vietnamese soup, which happened to contain Chinese parsley, also called cilantro. We also found Chinese parsley accelerates the excretion of Hg, Pb, and A1 from the body though the urine. Our subjects were given a course of antibiotics (Doxycycline for Chlamydia trachomatis infection) or anti-viral agents (EPA with DHA for Herpes Family Viruses) together with Chinese parsley. Since these vegetable/herbs were eaten, the amount of effective substance absorbed varied and some people did not like the taste of these relatively large amounts of either cooked or raw parsley or its juice, but together with effective antibiotics delivered by drug uptake enhancement methods to the infected areas, the substances worked synergistically, rapidly reducing the generalized symptoms and infection. The micro-organisms retreated to the 3 approximately 5 areas listed above where, with continued treatment, they were significantly reduced, but not completely eliminated. Because of these problems, a pharmaceutical company was asked to produce a Chinese parsley table containing a controlled amount in a highly absorbable form. When 11 subjects were treated with Doxycycline for Chlamydia trachomatis infection, or anti-viral agents (EPA with DHA) for Herpes Family Viruses, drug uptake enhancement methods to selectively increase delivery of the drugs to the affected areas, and Chinese parsley tablets to remove the heavy metal deposits, the last traces of the infections and clinical symptoms disappeared completely. Therefore we hypothesized that the infectious micro-organisms mentioned above, somehow utilize the Hg or Pb to protect themselves from what would otherwise be effective antibiotics, and/or that heavy metal deposits in some way make antibiotics ineffective. Since the micro-organisms retreat to areas in which Insulin-like Growth Factors I & II normally exist, they may be utilizing them for their own growth and multiplication.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:30 pm

Ok, so which one to do here with all this? Cilantro and chlorella, cilantro and fish oil, or cilantro and (propolis - oregano?)

Maybe just natural cilantro and natural garlic.

http://curezone.com/blogs/fm.asp?i=969381

http://curezone.com/blogs/f.asp?f=86

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Modulation of nutrient metabolism and homeostasis by the immune system

* Article author query
* humphrey bd [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
* klasing kc [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

B.D. Humphreya1 and K.C. Klasinga1 c1

a1 Department of Animal Science, University of California, 1 Shields Ave., Davis, CA, USA

Abstract

Interactions between nutrition and immunity are diverse and have profound implications on animal growth and productivity. The innate immune system provides protection during the initial stages of infection and is responsible for mediating many of the alterations in nutrient metabolism. The macrophage is the key sensory and regulatory cell of the innate immune system. Their pro-inflammatory cytokines coordinate local immunity to pathogens, yet also act systemically to alter metabolic homeostasis and decrease food intake and growth rate. Altered energy, amino acid, lipid, and mineral metabolism have nutritionally important implications. For example, an innate immune response results in decreased uptake of amino acids by skeletal muscles and a corresponding increase in uptake by the liver and to a lesser extent by leukocytes. The net result is a decrease in amino acid requirements with no change in the efficiency of their use for growth. The shift in the priority of individual tissues for nutrients appears to be accomplished by changes in the types and amounts of their nutrient transporters and storage proteins. Adaptive immune responses result in considerably more subtle changes in nutrient metabolism than innate responses.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks for this thread, I have an f165 with an SC-1 on its way over. Looking forward to what lies ahead.

jpd and A

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 pm

GreenPower wrote:Thanks for this thread, I have an f165 with an SC-1 on its way over. Looking forward to what lies ahead.

jpd and A

Siccckkkkk! Keep us posted man! and no sweat.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Will do, my main focus will be to fix my lymph system and kill those two critters jpd posted and then run the frequencies according to what Newport mentioned. After, when I have more free time I'm going to target the real deal bugs that got me into this mess.

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Make sure to heed the warnings posted with the Frequencies carefully.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Yup, I'm cleaning up my colon and clearing my liver out first, this might take a few months, I plan on absorbing as much information as possible.

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Adequate intakes of vitamins and trace elements are required for the immune system to function efficiently. Micronutrient deficiency suppresses immune functions by affecting the innate T-cell-mediated immune response and adaptive antibody response, and leads to dysregulation of the balanced host response. This increases the susceptibility to infections, with increased morbidity and mortality. In turn, infections aggravate micronutrient deficiencies by reducing nutrient intake, increasing losses, and interfering with utilization by altering metabolic pathways. Insufficient intake of micronutrients occurs in people with eating disorders, in smokers (both active and passive), in individuals with chronic alcohol abuse, in patients with certain diseases, during pregnancy and lactation, and in the elderly. With aging a variety of changes are observed in the immune system, which translate into less effective innate and adaptive immune responses and increased susceptibility to infections. Antioxidant vitamins and trace elements (vitamins C, E, selenium, copper, and zinc) counteract potential damage caused by reactive oxygen species to cellular tissues and modulate immune cell function through regulation of redox-sensitive transcription factors and affect production of cytokines and prostaglandins. Adequate intake of vitamins B6, folate, B12, C, E, and of selenium, zinc, copper, and iron supports a Th1 cytokine-mediated immune response with sufficient production of proinflammatory cytokines, which maintains an effective immune response and avoids a shift to an anti-inflammatory Th2 cell-mediated immune response and an increased risk of extracellular infections. Supplementation with these micronutrients reverses the Th2 cell-mediated immune response to a proinflammatory Th1 cytokine-regulated response with enhanced innate immunity. Vitamin A deficiency impairs both innate immunity (mucosal epithelial regeneration) and adaptive immune response to infection resulting in an impaired ability to counteract extracellular pathogens. Overall, inadequate intake and status of these vitamins and minerals may lead to suppressed immunity, which predisposes to infections and aggravates malnutrition.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Trace element regulation of immunity and infection*

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Ranjit K. Chandraa, b and Delbert H. Daytona, b, Corresponding Author Contact Information

aDepartment of Pediatrics, Memorial Uiversity of Newfoundland St. John's, Newfounaland, Canada

bNational Institute of Child Health and Human Development Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.A.

Available online 26 May 2006.

Abstract

Nutritional deficiency is associated with impaired immunocompetence and increased susceptibility to infection. Among other nutrients, several trace elements have been shown to regulate immune responses. Zinc deficiency results in lymphoid atrophy and decreased capacity to respond to many T-dependent antigens. Plaque forming cell response to heterologous red cells is decreased as is the function of B cells. The generation of cytotoxic spleen cells following in vivo immunization with tumor cells is reduced, whereas natural killer cell activity and antibody-dependent cell mediated cytotoxicity are largely unchanged. Iron deficiency is associated with slight reduction in rosette-forming T cells, impaired lymphocyte proliferation response to mitogens and antigens, and decreased bactericidal capacity of neutrophils. Copper deficiency results in decreased antibody-forming cell response and increased susceptibility to a variety of microorganisms. Selenium deficiency reduces T cell dependent antibody responses, particularly in association with vitamin E deficiency. Thymic hormone activity is reduced in deficiencies of zinc, copper and selenium. Excess intake of many essential trace elements also depresses immune responses. Many of the heavy metals produce impaired cell-mediated immunity. These effects of trace elements on immunity and infection may have important fundamental and clinical implications.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next