Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Live blood Analysis? EmptyToday at 8:26 am by JtheDreamer

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Live blood Analysis? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Live blood Analysis? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Live blood Analysis? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Live blood Analysis? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Live blood Analysis? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Live blood Analysis? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Live blood Analysis? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Live blood Analysis? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Live blood Analysis?

2 posters

Go down

Live blood Analysis? Empty Live blood Analysis?

Post  BG Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:31 pm

CS Are you familiar with this? I've had a couple of sessions done now and I just have this feeling that this could be hocus pocus. I would really appreciate your feedback before I book another appointment .Thanks

BG

Back to top Go down

Live blood Analysis? Empty Re: Live blood Analysis?

Post  BG Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:09 am

Bump

BG

Back to top Go down

Post  ezmbh Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:20 am

BG wrote:CS Are you familiar with this? I've had a couple of sessions done now and I just have this feeling that this could be hocus pocus. I would really appreciate your feedback before I book another appointment .Thanks

How does live blood analysis work? What do they test for?

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Post  BG Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:28 am

Yes I realize wiki may not be the best source but this is part of what started me question this modality.Having said that getting heavy metal or mercury filling removed is considered quackery by a large portion of the mainstream,

Live blood analysis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Live blood analysis (LBA), live cell analysis, or nutritional blood analysis is the use of high-resolution dark field microscopy to observe live blood cells in vitro. It is promoted by some alternative medicine practitioners, who assert that it can diagnose a range of diseases.

Live blood analysis is an "unestablished diagnostic test": its methods are not generally accepted in laboratory practice and its validity as a laboratory test has not yet been determined.[1] There is no scientific evidence for the validity of live blood analysis,[1] and it has been described as a pseudoscientific, bogus and fraudulent medical test.[2][3] Live blood testing has also been described as a fraudulent means of convincing a patient that they are ill and require treatment with dietary supplements.[4][5][6]
[edit] Overview

Proponents believe that live blood analysis provides information "about the state of the immune system, possible vitamin deficiencies, amount of toxicity, pH and mineral imbalance, areas of concern and weaknesses, fungus and yeast." Some even claim it can "spot cancer and other degenerative immune system diseases up to two years before they would otherwise be detectable" or say they can diagnose "lack of oxygen in the blood, low trace minerals, lack of exercise, too much alcohol or yeast, weak kidneys, bladder or spleen."[4] Practitioners include alternative medicine providers such as nutritionists, herbologists, naturopaths, and chiropractors.[1]

Dark field microscopy is useful to enhance contrast in unstained samples, but live blood analysis is not proven to be useful for any of its claimed indications. Two journal articles published in the alternative medical literature found that darkfield microscopy seemed unable to detect cancer, and that live blood analysis lacked reliability, reproducibility, and sensitivity and specificity.[7][8] Edzard Ernst, professor of complementary medicine at the University of Exeter and University of Plymouth, notes: "No credible scientific studies have demonstrated the reliability of LBA for detecting any of the above conditions." Ernst describes live blood analysis as a "fraudulent" means of convincing patients to buy dietary supplements.[4]

Quackwatch has been critical of live blood analysis, noting dishonesty in the claims brought forward by its proponents.[9] The alternative medicine popularizer Andrew Weil dismissed live blood analysis as "completely bogus", writing: "Dark-field microscopy combined with live blood analysis may sound like cutting-edge science, but it's old-fashioned hokum. Don't buy into it."[6]
[edit] Regulatory issues

In 1996, the Pennsylvania Department of Laboratories informed three Pennsylvania chiropractors that Infinity2's "Nutritional Blood Analysis" could not be used for diagnostic purposes unless they maintain a laboratory that has both state and federal certification for complex testing.[10]

In 2001, the Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General issued a report on regulation of "unestablished laboratory tests" that focused on live blood cell analysis and the difficulty of regulating unestablished tests and laboratories.[1]

In 2002, an Australian naturopath was convicted and fined for falsely claiming that he could diagnose illness using live blood analysis.[11]

In 2005, the Rhode Island Department of Health ordered a chiropractor to stop performing live blood analysis. An attorney for the State Board of Examiners in Chiropractic Medicine described the test as "useless" and a "money-making scheme... The point of it all is apparently to sell nutritional supplements." A state medical board official said that live blood analysis has no discernible value, and that the public "should be very suspicious of any practitioner who offers this test."[5]
[edit] References

1. ^ a b c d "CLIA regulation of unestablished laboratory tests" (PDF). U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. July 2001. http://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-05-00-00250.pdf. Retrieved January 26, 2009.
2. ^ Brigden ML (November 1995). "Unproven (questionable) cancer therapies". West. J. Med. 163 (5): 463–9. PMID 8533410.
3. ^ Morris, A. Complementary and alternative allergy tests Current Allergy and Clinical Immunology March 2006 Vol 19, No.1
4. ^ a b c Ernst, Edzard (2005-07-12). "Intrigued by the spectacular claims made for Live Blood Analysis? Don't be. It doesn't work". The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1526339,00.html. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
5. ^ a b Freyer, Felice (2005-06-21). "Chiropractor ordered to halt blood tests". Providence Journal. http://www.projo.com/news/content/projo_20050621_chiro21.2342042.html. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
6. ^ a b Weil, Andrew (September 11, 2007). "Ask Dr. Weil". Arizona Daily Star. http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/200252. Retrieved November 9, 2009.
7. ^ El-Safadi S, Tinneberg HR, von Georgi R, Münstedt K, Brück F (June 2005). "[Does dark field microscopy according to Enderlein allow for cancer diagnosis? A prospective study]" (in German). Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd 12 (3): 148–51. doi:10.1159/000085212. PMID 15985779.
8. ^ Teut M, Lüdtke R, Warning A (2006). "Reliability of Enderlein's darkfield analysis of live blood". Altern Ther Health Med 12 (4): 36–41. PMID 16862741.
9. ^ Lowell, James (November 1986). "Live Cell Analysis: High-Tech Hokum". Quackwatch. http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/livecell2.html. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
10. ^ Wlazelek, A. (1996-04-12). "Chiropractors cease blood cell show and tell. State restricts the use of magnified images to sell vitamins, supplements". The Morning Call: p. B6.
11. ^ "Former Lismore naturopath fined over newspaper ads". Abc.net.au. 2002-05-24. http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200205/s562909.htm. Retrieved 2008-11-17.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_blood_analysis"
Categories: Microscopy | Medical tests | Alternative medical diagnostic methods | Pseudoscience

Also:

Get results with registered nutritional consultants.
See results with live cell microscopy.

See the most important element of your body come alive- your blood. Live blood work involves magnifying a single living drop of blood, taken from a fingertip, to 1,500 times or more.

Your body requires very specific nutrients to be in balance and to function at its full potential. Together we will design a proactive plan based on your needs to achieve optimal results.

What is darkfield microscopy?
(Information from NuLife Sciences, California)

Your bloodstream is like a river. It transports oxygen, nutrients and other life-giving agents throughout your body to maintain health. It is also the medium for detoxification, delivering cellular waste to the liver and kidneys for elimination from the body. By its very nature, blood can serve as a predictor of health and provide an indication of illness well before symptoms appear.

Because of this, growing numbers of alternative medicine practitioners are turning to darkfield microscopy. A technique that allows them to look at live blood and see things not revealed by standard microscopes or blood tests. Darkfield microscopy not only helps practitioners assess the health of their patients; it is also an educational tool. It provides patients with a live picture of their own blood, and it creates a powerful incentive for them to take more responsibility for their well-being.

Live blood samples are magnified 1,500 times and displayed on a video screen, allowing practitioners to discuss with patients what they are observing. Using darkfield, practitioners can detect warning signs of illness by studying the shape and functioning of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets, and the presence of metabolic byproducts and pathogenic microorganisms.

Distortions of red blood cells and their inability to stay intact on the slide, for example, can indicate a nutritional deficiency, oxidative damage caused by free radicals, or undesirable bacteria or fungal forms in the bloodstream. The vitality of white blood cells can also be determined by observing the condition of the cell walls (smooth, ragged or leaking cytoplasm).

We recommend that people work with certified practitioners who are using darkfield microscopy in an educational rather than a diagnostic vein, to motivate patients and show them their results as their treatment progresses. Let's say, for example, that at the beginning of treatment, on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the most serious, your condition is an eight. As you start to implement the protocols your healthcare provider recommends for you, this technology will let you see the changes that occur in your blood as it moves from being a swamp to being a river. Your blood is a river. If you clean up the river, you put fresh water everywhere and all of the nutrients and oxygen that are carried in it. That's the real benefit of this. People can literally see this cleanup process happen.

Darkfield microscopy is used almost exclusively by alternative, rather than conventional, physicians. The reason is not that darkfield microscopes are exotic: They are standard equipment employed by microbiology researchers in laboratories. With their unique benefits, then, why is darkfield not used by primary care physicians?
Under managed care, of course, few doctors have the time to look for themselves at their patients' blood, let alone show patients what they see and explain what it means. Neither does darkfield work into the modern medical paradigm of one disease, one drug, one outcome. Darkfield shows the complexity and variability of the entire blood ecology.

BG

Back to top Go down

Post  ezmbh Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:35 am

I am not a doctor, but this does look useful and downright cool.

The quack watch and all these quack websites are very good at criticizing everything, they are biased towards skepticism and of course it is easy to criticize things. I'd take all the quack sites with a grain of salt.

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Post  BG Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:40 am

I agree . I did seem cool .I could see the difference in what she showed me from my blood one session to the next. I do feel better but I've also stopped the fin and started IH top 6. If there is a practitioner in your area you might want to check it out.

BG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down