Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Why is Fin bad? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Why is Fin bad? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Why is Fin bad? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why is Fin bad? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Why is Fin bad? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Why is Fin bad? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Why is Fin bad? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why is Fin bad? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why is Fin bad? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why is Fin bad?

+9
Maup
Paradox
LooseGroove
phoenix21
LA-Night
HairSeeker
CausticSymmetry
Hoppipolla
ezmbh
13 posters

Go down

Why is Fin bad? Empty Why is Fin bad?

Post  ezmbh Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:55 am

Is Fin bad because it inhibits DHT in the human body, and men do need DHT for proper body functioning? Are the side effects the result of this DHT inhibition?

Thanks?

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Why is Fin bad? Empty Re: Why is Fin bad?

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:09 am

Not really. Partly, but remember that things like equol reduce DHT and are nowhere near as harmful for most people.

Fin in my view is so bad because it strongly inhibits 5-alpha reductase, which has many negative effects beyond lowering DHT. It results in sexual sides, issues in the brain, and sometimes irreversible damage. In a perfect world, equol would be up to replacing finasteride tomorrow Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:31 am

Finasteride is bad because, it inhibits (irreversibly) 5-alpha reductase, it is the enzyme that also converts Brain 5-alpha-dihydroprogesterone and allopregnanolone.

5-alpha-dihydroprogesterone and allopregnanolone are considered neurosteroids. 5alpha-dihydroprogesterone binds with progesterone receptors for DNA activities (transcription factors). Allopregnanolone binds to gamma-aminobutyric acid GABA receptors.

In plain English, this means that without 5-alpha reductase, these two important neurosteroids are in very short supply, which will increase anxiety, depression and isolation tendencies.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:00 pm

I agree with CS with regard to depression, but unfortunately fin does help one to maintain hair. If you have not started on fin, don't. If you do, you may find that you will grow dependant on the drug to maintain whatever gains you have made. This has happened to me. I have tried to quite several times and have lost grown every time. It looks like I will have to make a difficult decision one day. Keep some hair and free myself of sides, or continue to suffer for the sake of a few more hair strands. Another thing to keep in mind is that fin does not work forever. I have been on it for ten years and have seen a slow decline over the last three.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  ezmbh Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:17 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Finasteride is bad because, it inhibits (irreversibly) 5-alpha reductase, it is the enzyme that also converts Brain 5-alpha-dihydroprogesterone and allopregnanolone.

5-alpha-dihydroprogesterone and allopregnanolone are considered neurosteroids. 5alpha-dihydroprogesterone binds with progesterone receptors for DNA activities (transcription factors). Allopregnanolone binds to gamma-aminobutyric acid GABA receptors.

In plain English, this means that without 5-alpha reductase, these two important neurosteroids are in very short supply, which will increase anxiety, depression and isolation tendencies.

and equol doesnt have these side effects? why?

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Based on personal experience, fin is poison.

Quiting finasteride is the best decision I ever made...my body is slowly recovering from fin-related bromide intake and 5-alpha reductase derangement. The best supplement I"ve taken post-fin is iodine, hands down the most powerful supplement I've taken so far.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:56 pm

ezmbh -

double check with that equol thread, but I believe the equol doesnt act on the 5 - alpha reductase, just DHT. I'm not saying im sure that its perfectly safe, but it seems like many have said it is.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  LooseGroove Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:35 pm

LA-Night wrote:The best supplement I"ve taken post-fin is iodine, hands down the most powerful supplement I've taken so far.

LA-Night - I've seen posts of yours where you've stated you've taken high amounts of iodine. When you first got off fin, how much were you taking on a typical day, and how long before you lowered the dose?

LooseGroove

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:23 pm

I would personally recommend to stay the hell away from fin/dutasteride! The psychological sides alone are pure hell! I made the mistake of going back on dut and it has completely disabled me and sent me into suicidal depression and anxiety. Not to mention the sexual sides, brain 'fog', and fatigue. I know it's hard to resist the temptation when your hair is getting worse, but being bald is an easy choice when it comes to these poisons IMO. I am actually considering asking the Dr. for some DHT cream to relieve some of this shit.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:02 am

How about topical fin/dut? I read about some contradicting studies that were made and some said it worked just as good as oral and some said it did not give good results. But none of them said anything about sides. Does fin get absorbed a lot systematicallly? Anybody here used it topically?

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:10 am

I believe topical application of fin does get systematically absorbed in order to work, meaning you may as well swallow it.

As regards to fin, it depends where you ask...If you ask here, where the focus is on natural supplements you'll be told it's poison, if you ask in another forum you'll be told it's the best drug for hairloss and FDA approved.

I've been on Fin for 8 years now and never had any of those problems listed above, but some do, and i'm not denying the existence of side effects, temporary or otherwise. But, it's worked well for me....i'm not really a fan of pharmacuetical drugs, but's a matter of using those types of drugs, taking a natural hands on approach, or mixing and matching like me.
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:59 am

Equol is purported to "handcuff" DHT, so rather than inhibiting it, it locks it up. That way the 5-alpha reductase enzyme is not affected and proper hormone metabolites can be made.

The comments about the oral Equol that has been used so far agrees with what I had heard in the past, so this is part of the reason that maybe there's more to it than just the equol.

Or it could be the the products used so far are not the correct form of S-equol.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:25 pm

LooseGroove wrote:
LA-Night wrote:The best supplement I"ve taken post-fin is iodine, hands down the most powerful supplement I've taken so far.

LA-Night - I've seen posts of yours where you've stated you've taken high amounts of iodine. When you first got off fin, how much were you taking on a typical day, and how long before you lowered the dose?

LooseGroove,

I was taking anywhere between 100mg and 1000 mg of iodine per day immediately after I quit fin. It was about two months before I lowered the dose. Now I usually take 12.5 mg or 25 mg per day.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Lambaugh Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Is there really a difference between how beta-sis inhibits DHT and finasteride?

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Beta Sis had no benefits for me at all, other than slowly affecting my mood.It took a long time to figure it out as it crept up slowly.

A week after stopping it, I returned to my normal sunny self. A few weeks later, tried beta sis again. Lo and behold the down mood returned.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:36 pm

I had all these sides with fina, and my hair loss was increase because my skin was really dry , my hair was very dry too , thin, fragile and felt like an age related mpb. It's pure shit.

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lambaugh Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:01 am

Sometimes I really feel like just start using Fin, and hope that I don't experience sides (during or after use). I haven't found the regimen to stop my hairloss (yet, hopefully), and I feel like I am battling against time going the natural way, since nothing guarantees me that it will work. Atleast with Fin I have the experience of many users.

BUt OK, I know this is not the right forum for this kind of talk, so I'll stop.

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Post  LooseGroove Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:55 am

LA-Night wrote: I was taking anywhere between 100mg and 1000 mg of
iodine per day immediately after I quit fin.

Wow. I recently got off Fin & Minox after about 3 years of use. Started taking the IH top 6 and Jarrows Toxinout. Also been taking about 3
droppers full of Iosol a day. I thought I was overdoing it with the Iosol. Aside from a few pimples and some "brain fog" in the morning, I
haven't been feeling any of the side effects that many people report when starting this type of regimen.

LA or CS - I've been doing a lot of research recently. It's become apparent that I have some thyroid issues (low core temperature, fatigue,
cold hands and feet). Since I haven't been feeling any negative side effects of taking these supplements, would it be more beneficial to
gradually up my dose of iodine to levels that LA was taking when he first got off fin or is that much iodine overkill?

LooseGroove

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:58 am

LooseGroove,

I highly recommend anyone to read up on iodine supplementation before megadosing, as it can be tough on your body initially. Along with this forum, the curezone iodine forum was a goldmine of information.

In my case, I had other issues beside finasteride-related bromide -- namely heavy metal toxicity & subtle hypothyroidism I didn't know I had until I detoxed. My body was aching with fluoride, chlorine, bromide & even mercury passed down to me at birth. It didn't get bad until I took a job as a swim instructor at an indoor swimming pool where I'd leave my shift literally drenched in chemicals. A few months after starting the job, I began to experience intense anxiety, lethargy & yup, hair loss. Going on finasteride only made it much, much worse.

Iodine, citrus pectin & even humifulvate cleansed my system, and I slowly recovered. The result for my hair? Increased thickness, even in the problematic temple region. The only reason I megadosed iodine was because I suspected I still had metals & toxins deep in my tissues. The subsequent detox proved my suspicion to be correct.

Anyway, if you do increase your dose of iodine just educate yourself first & monitor your body. Be sure to take selenium & vitamin C while salt loading.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  LooseGroove Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:35 am

Thanks for the advice LA. I appreciate your input. One last question, after you did your initial detox, you continued taking iodine at a much lower dose. How long did it take for your hair to get to the level it's at now?

LooseGroove

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:36 pm

LooseGroove wrote:Thanks for the advice LA. I appreciate your input. One last question, after you did your initial detox, you continued taking iodine at a much lower dose. How long did it take for your hair to get to the level it's at now?

It's taken about a year or so...

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:41 pm

LA-Night wrote:LooseGroove,

I highly recommend anyone to read up on iodine supplementation before megadosing, as it can be tough on your body initially. Along with this forum, the curezone iodine forum was a goldmine of information.

In my case, I had other issues beside finasteride-related bromide -- namely heavy metal toxicity & subtle hypothyroidism I didn't know I had until I detoxed. My body was aching with fluoride, chlorine, bromide & even mercury passed down to me at birth. It didn't get bad until I took a job as a swim instructor at an indoor swimming pool where I'd leave my shift literally drenched in chemicals. A few months after starting the job, I began to experience intense anxiety, lethargy & yup, hair loss. Going on finasteride only made it much, much worse.

Iodine, citrus pectin & even humifulvate cleansed my system, and I slowly recovered. The result for my hair? Increased thickness, even in the problematic temple region. The only reason I megadosed iodine was because I suspected I still had metals & toxins deep in my tissues. The subsequent detox proved my suspicion to be correct.

Anyway, if you do increase your dose of iodine just educate yourself first & monitor your body. Be sure to take selenium & vitamin C while salt loading.

LA – Night, did you have, or do you have any GI Tract inflammation issues? If so, what affect did iodine have?
I have been suffering from intermittent GI Tract inflammation since mid 08. Identifying the root cause has proven very challenging, but I am still working on it.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum