Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CS: Cooking red meat EmptyToday at 8:26 am by JtheDreamer

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
CS: Cooking red meat EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
CS: Cooking red meat EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS: Cooking red meat EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CS: Cooking red meat EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CS: Cooking red meat EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CS: Cooking red meat EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS: Cooking red meat EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS: Cooking red meat EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS: Cooking red meat

+4
CausticSymmetry
blackjack
misterE
william
8 posters

Go down

CS: Cooking red meat Empty CS: Cooking red meat

Post  william Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:15 am

Hey CS,
I read in a couple threads a while ago that you only cook red meat to medium rare.
Is it best to avoid eating red meat if you cook it anything above medium rare or are there still some health benefits? What are the healthiest ways to cook red meat (oven,bbq,etc.)?
Thanks for your time,
william

william

Back to top Go down

CS: Cooking red meat Empty Re: CS: Cooking red meat

Post  misterE Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:15 am

william wrote:Hey CS,
I read in a couple threads a while ago that you only cook red meat to medium rare.
Is it best to avoid eating red meat if you cook it anything above medium rare or are there still some health benefits? What are the healthiest ways to cook red meat (oven,bbq,etc.)?
Thanks for your time,
william

Cooking any type of meat automatically creates oxidized-fat and cholesterol. Oxidized-cholesterol is known to promote atherosclerosis!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:18 am

misterE wrote:
Thanks for your time,
william

Cooking any type of meat automatically creates oxidized-fat and cholesterol. Oxidized-cholesterol is known to promote atherosclerosis!

In all seriousness, how would one's body react to eating the meat straight off of the cow? I know that I do best on almost raw meat, but how about super raw meat?

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:49 am

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/03/18/what-is-the-optimal-diet-for-humans-part-2/

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:19 am

Thanks for your time,
william

There are still benefits of red meat when cooked beyond medium-rare, although the b-vitamins will not be present much beyond it. That said, it would be a good idea to take a supplement (brewer's yeast or an active b-complex) to compensate.

Red meat is loaded in carnosine (very potent anti-glycation agent), it also has CLA, and of course amino acids and minerals.

blackjack - Nice link on what humans are really supposed to eat.

misterE- The information you're bringing up about saturated fat and cholesterol is not only dogma, no one worth their salt in the scientific community believes that anymore, it's been proven false over a decade ago.

I don't see wolve or lions dropping over from heart attacks. We ate more real food like butter and meat (not those junk fats) before 1900 and heart disease was rare.

Also the only thing responsible for blockages are the adulterated polyunsaturated fatty acids. I've got brand new research that not only confirms that, but it goes much deeper.

Unfortunately, it probably doesn't matter what is posted or whatever studies are presented because they will be ignored.

Cholesterol is abolutely essential to life. This is basic physiology.

I would like to think this forum is mostly ahead of the curve, but with statements like saturated fat and cholesterol being villians is far from cutting edge, it's utter dogma to the highest level.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:03 am

This may be off topic, but honestly, going vegetarian and cutting fat in general has been great for me. Inflammation is virtually gone and I am nearing the slimmness I enjoyed in my twenties. I've bounced around a bit with protein supps and have now arrived at this one, which seems pretty good with no downside that I can see (the goat's milk protein had too much calcium and didn't seem to work as well):

http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-N-Fit-100-Egg-Protein-Vanilla-Ice-Cream-Flavor-2-lbs-32-oz/6023?at=0

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 am

Also, Beta-alanine is supposed to be a great way to boost carnosine. Haven't tried it, but body builders seem to like it.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

CS: Cooking red meat Empty heterocyclic amines

Post  misterE Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:33 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:

misterE- The information you're bringing up about saturated fat and cholesterol is not only dogma, no one worth their salt in the scientific community believes that anymore, it's been proven false over a decade ago.

Actually the three doctors who reversed the "big-three" diseases associated with MPB believe it and for good reason to; it works! That is why they has successfully reversed these diseases, unlike anyone with the diet you recommend.

CausticSymmetry wrote:
I don't see wolve or lions dropping over from heart attacks. We ate more real food like butter and meat (not those junk fats) before 1900 and heart disease was rare.

I don't see wolves or lions cooking meat either. Cooking meat creates heterocyclic-amines, a powerful carcinogen, not to mention the oxidized fat and cholesterol I mentioned earlier. CS, are you suggesting that cooking cholesterol doesn’t create oxidized cholesterol? Also isn’t it the oxidized cholesterol that form fatty-streaks inside the arteries causing inflammation?

The fact that we ate more butter prior to the end of WW2, doesn't mean it's healthy. We probably got away with using butter by eating fresh organic vegetables, which everyone grew in their back-yard garden before WW2. Believe it or not, America had mostly a vegetable-based diet prior to WW2, after that everything changed; meat and dairy became easily accessible and cheap, processed-foods, trans-fat and other cooking oils all came out around this time. So of course people are going to give up their beans and vegetables for chicken and gravy or steak and eggs. We really lost our way after WW2, eating wise that is.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 pm

America had mostly a vegetable-based diet prior to WW2, after that everything changed; meat and dairy became easily accessible and cheap,

In the American diet from 1909 to 1999, as reported by the USDA:

Consumption of whole milk dropped 49.8%

Consumption of skim milk increased 57.8%

Consumption of butter dropped 72.2%

Consumption of margarine increased 800%

Consumption of shortening increased 275%

Consumption of lard and tallow dropped 50%

Consumption of salad and cooking oil increased 1,450%

Consumption of fruit increased 29%

Consumption of vegetables increased 15.6%

Consumption of potatoes dropped 23% (of fresh, unprocessed taters, it fell by 73%)

Consumption of grains dropped 30.6% (corn by 50%, wheat by 30%)

Consumption of pork dropped 19%, eggs dropped 13.5%, beef increased by 22%, poultry increased 278%

Consumption of legumes and nuts increased 37.5%

And, drumroll please…

Refined sugar and syrup consumption increased by 74.7% (up about 1,600% from 1809)

overall carbohydrate consumption fell from 57% of calories to 46% of calories. High-glycemic starches were displaced by lower glycemic high-fructose corn syrup and crystalline fructose.

To eat a 1909 diet today then, we must, as a nation, eat less margarine, shortening, vegetable oil, fruit, vegetables, skim milk, poultry, nuts, legumes, refined sugars, and beef…

And eat more butter, lard, tallow, potatoes, corn, whole wheat, pork, eggs, and whole milk.
lol! lol!

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Naturally, I second blackjack!

misterE - How do you explain that in a study women who ate the most saturated fat (presumably from cooked meat) had lower atherosclerosis?

How do you explain all the other dozens of studies we've provided you? You cannot.

CS: Cooking red meat Zmale_10

Sure and my friend's dog speaks Greek too!

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Okay misterE - I had some fun at your expense. HCA's are a problem if you cook your meat too much. I recommend medium rare or less. However, if you marinate the steak, it will neutralize these--just in case you decide to eat some real food one day.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:18 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

misterE - How do you explain that in a study women who ate the most saturated fat (presumably from cooked meat) had lower atherosclerosis?

Compared to what? If she ate more saturated-fat compared to cooking-oils like canola which is mainly polyunsaturated-fat, she would have less fatty-streaks because polyunsaturated-fats oxidizes easier. I agree with that.

Will you post the study please?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:18 pm

what marinade do you use CS? Most the ones available seem to have all sorts of crap in them. Ive been using a bit of balsamic vinegar which goes really well with steak Very Happy

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:19 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:just in case you decide to eat some real food one day.

I don't consider a corpse "real-food".
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:34 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote: HCA's are a problem if you cook your meat too much. I recommend medium rare or less. However, if you marinate the steak, it will neutralize these

Is there proof of your claim, that marinating meat neutralizes these carcinogens ... I sure don't want to assume you are right with something as serious as this (carcinogens).
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Trace Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Marinade for red meat. Any kind of acid will make it tender. Balsamic is o.k. but I would try citrus. Limes are my favorite. Don,t buy that stuff in the bottle. Make your own. Use your favorite herbs. Limes, olive oil, cumin, chile de orbol, maybe a little honey to back off the heat. Man I am getting hungry.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:28 pm

CS: Cooking red meat Meat_hair
I think this pretty much confirms it!

In all honesty though, it reaaally depends on the person, I personally do well on tons of veggies with 20% fish or free range chicken, but it's different for everybody.

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:10 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote: HCA's are a problem if you cook your meat too much. I recommend medium rare or less. However, if you marinate the steak, it will neutralize these

Is there proof of your claim, that marinating meat neutralizes these carcinogens ... I sure don't want to assume you are right with something as serious as this (carcinogens).
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:34 pm

misterE wrote:

Does this mean that if CS posts such a study you will be having marinated steak for dinner tomorrow? Smile

Actually I'm interested in this too. Personally I prefer my meat a little beyond medium rare, and I wonder if a combination of marinating and supplementing the lost B-vitamins elsewhere would be a reasonable strategy.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:31 am

CS will you please answer my question:

misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:38 am

i could care less about carcinogens from meat...

meat = good

meat slightly burnt off the grill = amaazing.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:40 am

blackjack wrote:i could care less about carcinogens from meat...

Wow!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:59 am

mistere if i were you i would be more worried about all the anti nutrients your getting
plus getting a fat soluble, b12, amino acid, iron deficiency.

healthy people can easily handle a small amount of carcinogens they get from cooked meat, nothing to be worried about.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down