Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
NO doctors have been able to identify this EmptyTue May 14, 2024 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
NO doctors have been able to identify this EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
NO doctors have been able to identify this EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
NO doctors have been able to identify this EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
NO doctors have been able to identify this EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
NO doctors have been able to identify this EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
NO doctors have been able to identify this EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
NO doctors have been able to identify this EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
NO doctors have been able to identify this EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

NO doctors have been able to identify this

+3
lund
CausticSymmetry
Micah
7 posters

Go down

NO doctors have been able to identify this Empty NO doctors have been able to identify this

Post  Micah Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:47 am

Hey all, I am new to the forum. I have noticed there are more than just topics on hairloss here. I just got my top 6 in the mail today and will let you know how it goes.

ANYWAY this topic is about something very interesting. When I was in 6th grade, I had no skin problems. Then one morning, I kid you not, I woke up with a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE round, red THING on my nose. It was so massive, everyone at school was speechless. I went to the doctor, he said it was a cyst and injected it with some cortisone which made it shrink. (thank goodness) Since then it has flared up a few times, so i got more cortisone. However, I am 20 years old now, and still to this day it is still there, though seemingly only noticeable to me. My nose has a slight rounded bump on the left side accompanied by a pinkish/reddish pigment. In the past when i have gotten a zit in the area the bump gets huge again but then dies down. Needless to say, it is VERY annoying. IT IS STILL THERE!!! The skin on my nose gets ridiculously oily to the point that i can wipe it every few hours and the oil comes back (Vitamin b5 has helped with this slighly). Also, in 8 grade two other big red things showed up on my nose, i popped those myself, and they still exist under the skin and two reddish/pinkish round regions exist along the center of my nose. ugh and it is so oily. I have tried nearly everything, nothing works, and not one doctor out of the countless doctors i have been to know what it is. I even went to a specialty derm. He said it was like a "oil/zit factory" that would dissappear eventually. anyway, anybody have ANY idea what this is and what can be done? after 8 years I am FED UP Sad
No one knows! I will attach a picture, although it will be hard to see what I am talking about. I have no good pictures of it available.
Not a good example by any means, but if you look closely you can see the redness and the areas where the skin is more elevated.

Micah

Back to top Go down

NO doctors have been able to identify this Empty Re: NO doctors have been able to identify this

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:24 am

Micah - The solution in most cases is topical lithium.

Would recommend mixing some lithium orotate (or aspartate or chloride) along with some DMSO in water. You only need to use a few capsules or tablets of lithium for this, and an equal portion of DMSO (99%), then stir in a two tablespoons of water.

Apply to the area and it will downregulate the GSK-3beta which is in part contributing to the excess sebum production.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

NO doctors have been able to identify this Empty thanks

Post  Micah Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:44 am

Very Happy Oh my, very cool. Thank you very much, will definitely try it out. I really appreciate it. You're awesome

Micah

Back to top Go down

NO doctors have been able to identify this Empty Re: NO doctors have been able to identify this

Post  lund Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:26 am

CS - reports of Lithium causing cyst type acne is littered all over the net, specially on bipolar forums. Even for folks taking orotate form. I applied 4-5 times the lithium topical shampoo (on my head) and got the worst acne on my forehead ever, it is gone now but it was scary. Perhaps some ppl are prone to breakouts on Lithium...just something to think about.

I have had some acne growing up earlier in life - a pimple here and there, nothing too bad - but this recent flare up was tough...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 am

My only additional advice to OP would be to go slow. if you are going to try, apply once for a week. Apply 2nd time a week later, slowly build up the application. For me, the acne flared up after the 5th usage while there was no sign prior to that...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Micah Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:52 pm

I have already applied 4 times (twice a day for two days), no flaring up or damage. Will stop application now and wait a bit to see what happens. Thanks for the info

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:32 pm

In my 20's I developed a cyst on the side of my head near my ear. It was the strangest thing that I experienced. This was at a time I was experimenting with diets and was on a purely vegetable diet with little fruit and no protein. My body seemed to be going through some type of oil rejection and I was perspiring oil through the pores on my face. After a few weeks on the diet, the sweat on my forehead became less oily until it was more like watery perspiration. But I developed this bag of oil, the cyst, that keep growing. Either that area was manufacturing oil or the cyst was just catching oil from my body somehow making it's way to the cyst. Eventually I had to get it drained along a shot of cortisone to reduce the inflammation.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOne Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:59 am

Micah said

`The skin on my nose gets ridiculously oily to the point that i can wipe it every few hours and the oil comes back`

I have the same problem , well I think its every 30mins I have to wipe.

I tried all sorts of concoctions, some homemade over the past 10 plus years and finally found a solution....

This is what works for me. Just rub one or two drops of Magnesium Oil on the oily area, it will block the pores for over 12 hours , Magnesium Oil is watery and not oily at all.

It also has replaced my antiperspirant, very effective stopping sweat.

I use http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU481/ItemDetail?n=0
TheOne
TheOne

Back to top Go down

NO doctors have been able to identify this Empty very cool

Post  Micah Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:42 am

Ah very cool. Thanks, theone, I will give that a try. I have heard good things about magnesium oil. Sounds like a great solution Smile

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:16 am

Micah,

Besides what CS mentioned, topical SSKI/Iodide will also "cure" it.

http://www.tahomaclinic.com/iodide.shtml

http://www.tahomadispensary.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=110067%21162

Can also use 2% Lugol's.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

NO doctors have been able to identify this Empty Coool

Post  Micah Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:19 am

Thanks, jdp. I have some lugols coming in the mail, so will try it out. Would the lugols work just as good or is the iodide prefered?

Micah

Back to top Go down

NO doctors have been able to identify this Empty soo

Post  Micah Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:21 am

So should I just mix the iodine with DMSO liquid and apply nightly for a bit?

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Micah,

Lugol's contains a lot of Iodide so they both should work equally the same.

When using the Lugol's, you'll want to apply it at night before you go to bed so that it will give enough time for the brown discoloration to dissipate.

Besides, Lugol's working well on cysts, you can also apply to any cut that you believe will turn into a scar as it prevents scars.

Regarding DMSO, usually it's mixed 50/50. Personally, I'd try the Lugol's first for a couple days and then try mixing DMSO if not satisfied.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Micah,

You might want to find a doctor who can test your blood for food allergies. It is what it looks like to me, whether you are either gluten or dairy intolerant.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Micah Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks Smile

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down