Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Egg Yolks and Inflammation EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Egg Yolks and Inflammation EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Egg Yolks and Inflammation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Egg Yolks and Inflammation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Egg Yolks and Inflammation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Egg Yolks and Inflammation EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Egg Yolks and Inflammation EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Egg Yolks and Inflammation EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Egg Yolks and Inflammation EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Egg Yolks and Inflammation

+3
isaac
CausticSymmetry
johnt
7 posters

Go down

Egg Yolks and Inflammation Empty Egg Yolks and Inflammation

Post  johnt Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 pm

I regularly consume my whole grass-fed, organic eggs and believe them to be a nearly perfect food and great protein source. Recently, however, I came across an article claiming they should be avoidedfor the most part -- the yolks of eggs that is, because they are very high in Arachidonic Acid, which causes inflammation. So now I'm concerned that I've actually been doing my hair a disservice by consuming the whole egg.

My question therefore is, does anyone know if the grass fed chicken's egg yolks are also high in Arachidonic Acid? I know that that variety tends to be much better for you due to the omega 3 content versus conventional, so I'm hoping the high Arachidonic Acid content is mainly a concern with traditional eggs and not organic (grass fed). I do not want to give up my yolks (which I feel are the most beneficial part of the egg).

johnt

Back to top Go down

Egg Yolks and Inflammation Empty Re: Egg Yolks and Inflammation

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:16 pm

johnt - Sure, they do contain Arachadonic acid. It's not all bad, we need some AA. It's practically an essential fatty acid, although it's not classified as such.

Grass-fed eggs also contain high Omega-3, which will dampen the negative effects of AA. Keep eating those eggs, they are the perfect food.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:20 pm

Eggs are one of the few foods where I noticed a profound difference in my health and feeling of well being. Dr Mercola has also wrote about the large difference in he's health since consuming eggs. Lecithin, EFA's , B-vitamins, so much good stuff in them. One aspect not often mentioned about eggs is their selenium content which I can get my full quota (200mcg) from just 4 yolks.

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Ok, good information (and good news) about the eggs guys. Very Happy

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:07 pm

I can second Isaac.. I too have noticed the beneficial effects of eggs over the years.

In college I had little money (but lived very well I would say) and ate probably 7 or 8 eggs a day on average.. sometimes I would eat 7 or 8 eggs for lunch and then the same thing for dinner the same day. I think the bulk of my sustenance for days on end would come from eggs cooked on low heat in lots of butter, with olive oil sprinkled on at the end for flavor. Served with fresh tomatoes, cut-up brocolli spears, carrots and peanuts. That meal and the occasional chicken breast, spiced-up pork chop or cup of whey protein or wheat germ probably made up 90% of what I ate during my last two years of college. Whatever cravings I had for sweets I would just eat carrots and honey roasted peanuts (great value brand...go walmart haha).

I was healthy as an ox, old friends asked me if I joined a gym or where I was working out at. I did push ups, sit ups most nights and went for a hard run a couple days a week and that was it.

My buddies used to make fun of me for eating as many eggs as I did. Told me I was gonna get fat or have a heart attack.. I think my health might have been better than ever over that time. I got my blood tested a year or so after I started eating so many eggs. Even by conventional medical standards I was in good shape - my cholesterol levels were good my doctor said. HDL to LDL ratio was excellent. Triglycerides low. Probably more importantly, I FELT good.. solid energy levels, little cravings and good body composition.

In the past couple months Ive started to get back to that sort of a diet (modified where necessary with all the stuff Ive learned about nutrtion from this forum) and workout routine and almost immediately I noticed an improvement.. plus Im saving a ton on groceries. Long story short.. eat as many eggs as you can

Project: JS

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:29 pm

Project: JS - Great story. Funny how dogma pollutes the minds of so many. Cholesterol is a super food and isn't the culprit in heart disease.

There's an actor in the movie, the pianist. I didn't see it, but I heard he was told to lose weight for the movie, so he ate only eggs to lose it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hawks05 Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:41 pm

I notice good effects from eating eggs as well, does anyone have a recommendation for a good egg protien?

hawks05

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:48 am

www.proteinfactory.com has very high-quality egg proteins. I've bought before, I think 10 lb. bag of Egg White and Egg Yolk protein. Can have it mixed too--totally custom at that site.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 pm

What about the high cholesterol content of the egg yolks? According to nutritiondata.self.com, each egg yolk contains approximately 71% of the RDA for cholesterol. I understand that we've all been dosed by the "low cholesterol, low saturated fat" propaganda, but surely there's a problem with too much dietary cholesterol/saturated fat?

-MP
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down