Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right?

+4
huli
Amaranthaceae
TheFunkyStumpfighter
gbp2000
8 posters

Go down

I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? Empty I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right?

Post  gbp2000 Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 am

I have applied them on a regular basis (usually every other day) - more than anyone else.

Apart from one time with bromelain, when there was a slight sting, I don't feel anything -which does concern me.

I've tried both water and olive oil based solutions...

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? Empty Re: I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right?

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:01 am

I feel as though Im in much the same boat, though I believe that my issue is the terrible seb derm I have. I dont feel any sensation from my current bromelain/papain topical (now 1:4 papain:bromelain in Trimedica MSM liquid and a very small amount of coconut oil) despite using it 3-4 times a week for at least 4 hours at a time. To my knowledge, the original patent/study involved using DMSO, and maybe a penetration enhancer is necessary for some more than others. I decided to buy some DMI and try using the enzymes in 10% DMI in distilled water solution, see if enhancing the penetration of the enzymes makes any difference. Ill probably get around to it at the end of this week, and hopefully it garners some results because I too have been seeing very little results. It sucks, considering I was seeing some decent results at first.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right? Empty Re: I don't feel anything with Papain or Bromelain.. Not quite right?

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:47 am

gbp2000, do you have any scalp itching or burning or ache in the areas where hair is thinning?

The first couple of applications should sting when applied in such areas. After a week or two it stops stinging
when applied. I take that as indicator of a normalising scalp.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 am

I recently upped the ante and began mixing the papain/bromelain/HA with DMSO/distilled water. I felt a lot more of a sting the first time. Used a slightly weaker mixture the next time and still felt it more than I ever did with any other method of application. Minimal regrowth to date from all of this treatment, slightly thinnner in the crown. Will keep applying a couple of times a week with DMSO and see what happens.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  TK Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:34 am

You guys want sting? Mix I cap bromelain with a pinch of msms in grapefruit seed extract and a pply liberally- WOW! MAJOR STING!

TK

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:48 am

I would not megadose these enzymes in the topical ..

100 mg per application fine.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:04 am

Hey North,

I used to get a lot of 'hair pain' when I was younger, these where the first spots to thin. My hair would blow in the wind and hurt just with the movement.

Right now, I exfoliate my scalp with the blunt side of a knife and aloe vera. This has cut down the grease and I have no itching or stinging when I sweat (I used to).

I had a massive shed when I started using Papain and bromelain. It has taken me from an okayish norwood 3 to a very thin, norwood five visible pattern 3. At this rate I will be totally bald in six months.

I have been doing it for the past 2 and half months, with no regrowth save six hairs at the front (very strong) which all grew at the same time when I started (in the first few weeks).

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:03 am

I would switch to an oil solution instead of water if that is what you currently use, and leave on for 2-3 hours. I use serrapeptase and it has some good effect. Dandelion root and astragalus from Natures answers is also something i strongly recommend.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Team Catfish Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:12 pm

North-Europe - have you grown any hair from this topical solution?

And a little off topic, but I'm assuming your are from northern Europe (haha), and since CS mentions about consuming a diet that is inline with our hereditary food intake, I was wondering what is yours? Both my parents are from England, and have at least 2-3 generations going back (I'm in Australia now).

Team Catfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Hey team cat .. I may have grown some frontal density .. or maybe it just increased
the quality of current hair. It has helped a lot. I use it sparringly oitherwise the oil becomes
an irritant. The best way (I think) to find out what food is good for you, is to fast during the day for a week, then you will begin crave real foods and become creative with foods.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:46 am

TK - Where do you get your papain from? Is it the same kind as prague used? and do you or have you ever mixed it with papaya oil as he did?

Also how about topical HA? How is that used?

Can anyone help? TK? Action Reaction? Prague???
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:49 am

Yeah! I'm interested in this as well!

TK mentioned that Bromelaine is better because Papain has estrogenic effects ... hrm.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 am

GBP -

You mentioned in your IH criticism thread that you actually saw results after a while with this, how much?

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:44 am

I'm unsure if the growth is from papain or colloidal. If colloidal it's fast. If papain it's slow. I've got ten terminal hairs in a group that have grown in the middle of my bald temple. It looks wierd, slightly cute though because they are a group I can comb and style them. I hope that the scalp in-between the group and my hairline fills in. That's about an inch.

I would need a lot of growth like this to get any sort of cosmetic change though

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:46 am

Keep it up! Hopefully we can isolate a way to speed it up.

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:52 am

Unfortunately the rest of my hair has got a lot thinner recently. The hair island is odd, but the hair iangreat quality. About a month ago there were three hairs and the rest of the scalp in that area looked dirty.'now there is long terminal hair there....

It could be my eyes, but the spot between the island and my hair is looking 'dirty' now.

My concern is te rest of my hair is thinning faster than ever

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:26 am

This almost reminds me of Prague.

He mentioned that he lost a lot of hair and it got really thin, so then he just kept it up until the regrowth, which he said took months. How often are you applying the topical?

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:54 pm

I stopped Papain a long time ago. I have no proof that it was that worked - admittedly it could have.

Whilst the regrowth is nice, it is not significant in terms of cosmetic effect.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:56 am

So papain is supposed to have estrogen sides?? How would that work and what about taking it internally? I just started yesterday (won't start topical until I find a good/pure source. Preferably what TK and/or Prague used. I also would like to research the protocol for doing so more). Should I be expecting water retention, depression, gyno?? It doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:44 am

I never took Papain internally so I can't answer of your questions I'm afraid.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:48 am

gbp2000 wrote:I never took Papain internally so I can't answer of your questions I'm afraid.

Did you use the Hyaluronic Acid? Prague mentioned once that it was crucial to the mix.

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:57 am

I did. I honestly don't feel it worked for me. All that makes me doubt that is that the colloidal approach could show results so quickly

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:29 am

Where can I actually get this stuff for topical use?

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:11 am

^
|
|
I second that!
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:14 am

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Bromelain-Powder-100-g/16391?at=0

Similar enzyme, different fruit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down