Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! EmptyThu Sep 12, 2024 8:49 am by CausticSymmetry

» Removing contaminants from water
Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 7:01 am by CausticSymmetry

» Qwackcine horror show
Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 1:27 am by shaftless

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 1:16 am by shaftless

» Association between androgenetic alopecia and periodontitis
Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 6:51 am by CausticSymmetry

» Androgen Receptor-Mediated Paracrine Signaling Induces Regression of Blood Vessels in the Dermal Papilla in Androgenetic Alopecia
Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 5:17 pm by Atlas

» Whats the deal with colloidal silver?
Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 2:33 am by CausticSymmetry

» Aged polystyrene microplastics exacerbate alopecia associated with tight junction injuries and apoptosis via oxidative stress pathway in skin
Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! EmptyThu Aug 29, 2024 7:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» The AR/miR-221/IGF-1 pathway mediates the pathogenesis of androgenetic alopecia
Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! EmptyFri Aug 23, 2024 6:53 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen!

5 posters

Go down

Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! Empty Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen!

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

Ok erm, basically I thought that as at the moment I still don't fully know how to best come at my hair loss, I would tackle it from lots of different angles that seem good or suitable for my situation, and gradually refine it over time Smile

My current regimen is the following (it's in my signature I know but I'll put lil comments as I need some advice!)

Ok erm..

Beta-sitosterol (to take the edge of my 5ar levels systemically, just while I work more out)
SDG Lignan (when I run out I will switch to HMR lignan, this is just to increase my SHBG for now)
Better diet and exercise
A potent antioxidant (... I just don't know which one... ideally I would like a vegetarian choice, and I'd just like to limit it to only one for now as I don't want to invest in TOO many tablets before I know what I am doing fully! What would you suggest?)
A potent insulin sensitivity increaser (again... not sure. What do you think? I have some ideas and things but I'll leave it blank as I'd like to hear what other people think is the one I should start with!)
Check my thyroid (I've just bought a digital thermometer on ebay!)

Nutrients and topicals as detailed in sig Smile

Yeah so the biggest things I guess are the antioxidant and insulin sensitivity increaser. I have reason to believe I really did bash my insulin levels a bit as I was eating just SO many carbs and so much sugar Sad I didn't know it would do this Sad

But now I'm going to make up for it and fix my body! My diet is the first step, but now I need to calm down my insulin resistance! And an antioxidant will probably do my health good, and I may add more in future!

So yes erm... that's all I have for now!

Thanks so much guys - I'm really glad my first full regimen is nearly finished ^_^

Hoppi!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! Empty Re: Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen!

Post  The Natural Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 am

Hoppipolla wrote: but now I need to calm down

I agree.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen! Empty Re: Need some help putting the finishing touches on my current regimen!

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:51 am

Get lost.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:57 am

Calm down, Huckleberry.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Leave me alone. It's not my fault I care about my hair. Please don't post again unless you have something constructive to say.

I don't want this place to remind me of Hairlosstalk. I actually LIKE it here.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Sorry for lashing out. It's just please don't patronize me and stuff. I know I get happy and over-enthusiastic but that's just part of ME. It's the same part of me which is why I'm not just sitting here stuffing my face with crisps and popping Propecia. I'm unique and different in my own little way and I'm afraid that's the package ._.

I certainly don't need people condescendingly telling me to calm down instead of actually helping me with a regimen so I can get on with the rest of my life.

Again, I'm sorry for lashing out, but if you don't like me then please just don't post on my threads, ok?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Sure, no problem Huckleberry.

But you really do need to settle down, and research information already made available here, which, no doubt, can answer many of your questions, and save you a lot of money.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Believe it or not, I've tried urine therapy - both topical and internal and I owe a lot of credit to this recent add-on to my regimen. I thought most of the guys were crazy on here for even suggesting it, but I have made recent gains and attribute it to this. Also. it's a totally free and natural healthy therapy that is sure to complement any regimen.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Ok well I think I've decided to add Alpha-Lipoic Acid (I know R-Lipoic is more powerful but I'm watching my wallet and also the tablets I got are quite strong anyway!), Brewer's yeast and possibly Curcumin.

I'm also going to avoid wheat and gluten Smile

I did have 2 further small questions though, first I just wanted to make sure that none of these new 3 increase testosterone? I know that's not supposed to be that bad but I just wanted to avoid it! Also I heard Curcumin is speculated to actually in some small ways be carcinogenic as well as anti-carcinogenic? Is that true? O.O

Finally, I'm considering cutting down on my beta-sitosterol as I'm concerned it might be increasing my scalp sebum but I dont know if this is true.

Other than this my regimen is finally complete! Hooray! ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:43 pm

I think you should go and get yourself tested for your hormonal status. Then retest later, get the results and then ask yourself whether the regimen works or not. If not you will desperately check the mirror everyday, which eventually will tear and wear you out, trust me Smile

I believe you should be on the whole Immortal regimen. The physiology behind it is all been figured out, give it a go, together with drastically changing your diet, get the bloodwork done and retest later, see if it has helped. my best advice.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:55 pm

If I was you I would introduce supplements one-by-one every 4 months or so. One thing I regret is starting a huge bunch of them recommended here and elsewhere and ultimately not knowing which one was actually helping or hindering or doing nothing at all. Now I have to work backwards and drop stuff out!

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 am

Nashville Hairline wrote:If I was you I would introduce supplements one-by-one every 4 months or so. One thing I regret is starting a huge bunch of them recommended here and elsewhere and ultimately not knowing which one was actually helping or hindering or doing nothing at all. Now I have to work backwards and drop stuff out!

Don't worry, bar a few tiny details I know EXACTLY what they all do! Often down to the precise processes lol

Nizoral and Beta-sitosterol are just there as a fallback! lol
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:45 am

Hmm well I'd contend we only know what they *claim* to do. 'Tis the nature of the beast with "natural" supps.

Best of luck with your regimen though, I'd just hate to see anyone get tied to taking up to 20 different supplements a day and 18 of them are actually doing nothing. Embarassed

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:34 am

haha yes I know precisely what you mean! I am trying to keep my number nice and low, but targeted. It has actually dropped a lot since I started trying to treat my hair loss Smile

90% of my regimen is diet and lifestyle! Then on top of that I'm making up for eating a ton of junk food (over the past couple of years up until now) by increasing my insulin sensitivity, capping my androgens with lignans, and checking my thyroid to make sure it isn't swaying my other hormones! Result! Smile

Antioxidants are just for good measure as far as my knowledge of my regimen goes... it can't hurt to add a few years to my life right? ^_^ ... although they may help with hair loss more as I get (considerably) older!

Brewer's Yeast is to nourish my hair, get some chromium in me to help my insulin sensitivity, and put a cap on my sebum just in case it's a problem as I'm (quite) young Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:36 am

Additionally my hair is ALREADY noticeably regrowing! The hairline is making a slow creeping back! I mean it wasn't far back anyway, but it's so nice to see it going back to normal Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 am

I just wanted to apologize about what I said about HairLossTalk - it's not fair. I was just a bit sore and I ranted, and whatever disagreements I may have with individual members shouldn't have a bearing on my view or opinion of the site Smile

Peace!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down