Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks: Beneficial or Not?

4 posters

Go down

Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? Empty Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks: Beneficial or Not?

Post  baller234 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:10 am

Does anyone on here use these? I started using one because it contains the fabled curcumin and resveratrol combo in addition to a bunch of "super foods" and antioxidants. Are the fruits and vegetables in these powders still alkaline or does the processing make them acidic?

Thx

baller234

Back to top Go down

Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? Empty Re: Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks: Beneficial or Not?

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:17 am

Alkaline acid balance is one of the most misunderstood topics in natural medicine. Will be writing about this in the near future. Acidic foods are necessary for the stomach. The efficacy differs with some of the powered drinks. Personally, I prefer to take resveratrol and curcumin in larger doses and take supplemental chlorella and/or spirulina.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks:  Beneficial or Not? Empty Re: Antioxidant Fruit and Vegetable Powder Drinks: Beneficial or Not?

Post  baller234 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 am

One of the brands I've used contains 100 mg resveratrol per serving (although the curcumin dosage was lacking to the say the least). It's a great deal (from a resveratrol dosage perspective) when one considers the price of a resveratrol supplement and the price of the antioxidant powder drink (which contains a whole lot more than just resveratrol).

Will be looking forward to your write up on acid/alkaline balance.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:50 am

IH - I was taking a product called Miracle Reds for awhile .

Is this beneficial if I'm alraeady taking EC, resv, circumin, green tea, etc, etc?

In other words, is this just antioxidsnt overkill?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:56 am

Can you have too many antioxidants? I always thought the more the better. The product I take is called Delicious Greens 8000 which has 8000 oracs per serving and I take it 2-3 times a day.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:56 am

Yes, you can have too many antioxidants, but it's not easy in the Western diet to OD on them given how many free radicals we produce with what we ingest.

Is that 100mg of Resveratrol 98% purity or higher? If it's just standard 50%, then it's 50mg, which still ain't bad.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 am

It's just the 50%.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:05 am

Ya that's the cheap stuff, beware the emodin content in the latter 50% (laxative).

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Is emodin safe? I looked up quickly on google and it seems to be used to fight cancer and inflammation. Is the laxative effect the only detrimental aspect to it? I've been taking 3 servings a day (that would 300 mg of trans resveratrol 50%) and have had no problems.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:02 pm

scottyc33 wrote:IH - I was taking a product called Miracle Reds for awhile .

Is this beneficial if I'm alraeady taking EC, resv, circumin, green tea, etc, etc?

In other words, is this just antioxidsnt overkill?

Over kill? Not very easily. Note that in rats, there are studies that show harm with them, however they have a very different redox system than humans.

If you consider all the potential oxidation reactions that occur in the body, it's difficult to get enough coverage. That said, important antioxidant catalysts are important as well as reducing the cause of free radicals, such as normalizing thyroid function, optimizing vitamin D levels, and reducing harmful metals.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down