Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r

2 posters

Go down

Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r Empty Re: Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 pm

hairze - I would recommend using lugol's solution, along with a regimen similar to my own.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r Empty Re: Unusual men balding pattern - is this DUPA? (photos) Which r

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:57 pm

If I were you I would take iodine and selenium daily. Use a laser helmet 3 times a week for 20 mins and use clay as a pre-shower topical before using the helmet.

Additionally you could add topical magnesium chloride, internal ecklonia cava, krill oil, and curcumin

That should do the job

Back to top Go down

Post  hairze Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:39 pm

So you are sure this is totally reversible? Why?

hairze

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:52 am

hairze - Your hair appears to be viable enough to reverse. It will not occur in three months, nor will it fully recover in a year--however in time can, given the proper regimen and dietary changes can be achieved.

The core reason for hair loss is the dermal redox system, which involves reduction and oxidation. Unfortunately there are a lot of factors at work to this problem. Hair follicle cells can be desensitized to DHT and further, the inflammation post DHT-signaling can be down regulated. The key to success to to eliminate all forms of thyroid suppressing foods and toxications, followed with the right supplements. It's difficult to avoid all the wrong foods all the time, much less the environmental exposures, so these will keep those in check.

The how and why is a lot, spread throughout this forum.

I would suggest looking at this thread to start: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/hypothesis-of-male-pattern-hair-loss-t1129.htm

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hairze Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:56 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:hairze - Your hair appears to be viable enough to reverse. It will not occur in three months, nor will it fully recover in a year--however in time can, given the proper regimen and dietary changes can be achieved.

The core reason for hair loss is the dermal redox system, which involves reduction and oxidation. Unfortunately there are a lot of factors at work to this problem. Hair follicle cells can be desensitized to DHT and further, the inflammation post DHT-signaling can be down regulated. The key to success to to eliminate all forms of thyroid suppressing foods and toxications, followed with the right supplements. It's difficult to avoid all the wrong foods all the time, much less the environmental exposures, so these will keep those in check.

The how and why is a lot, spread throughout this forum.

I would suggest looking at this thread to start: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/hypothesis-of-male-pattern-hair-loss-t1129.htm

Thanks for your answer.

Well... my hair is extremely thin overall, I don't know how recoverable it will be...

I've always suffered from extremely oily skin and scalp. My sister and father suffer from the same problem.

My hands and feet are always cold, but when I take a very hot bath my skin gets very red afterwards, including scalp. Even though my extremities are usually cold, I tend to always feel very very hot (I'm usually the guy with the tshirt, when everybody's wearing a pullover), I sweat quite a lot and I'm a very anxious person (even though my family has a strong pattern of anxiety disorders)

I've been taking msm 3000mg/day + resveratrol + centrum 1pill a day + omega 3 (higher nature flax seed oil 1000mg) + grape seed extract + green tea extract - for the last 3 months - shouldn't I at least notice a subtle difference for the better? I didn't notice any improvements in my hair.

I've been reading for 2 hours this forum and it is quite simply OVERWHELMING. Different theories shooting from everywhere, and everybody seems to think that hair loss is related to a single problem which can be solved with a certain supplement they found and tested... the problem is that when you find so many different "truths", it becomes almost impossible to find yours. Besides that, doing proper tests of every supplement would take endless years, and would be extremely unpractical, due to all the variables at play.

Besides that you say it would take months to see subtle improvements, at least a year to see any noticeable improvements, and there will be a good probability that I wont recover, is that right?

As if that wasn't enough, I'm still under thirty years old, I have a preety busy and hectic life, during the week I usually sleep only 5-6 hours/day, and I usually go out and drink about half bottle of wine and 3-4 tonic gins 2-3 times a month.

My energy has been a bit low in the last years, and my motivation sometimes succumbs, but I see that almost all of this dissapears when I sleep 8-9 hours/day for some days.

As I told you before, after 10 years on propecia (fortunately with no side effects), I'm tired of this struggle. I've been taking centrum daily for years and my hair is still shedding.

As to my food regimen, I've been a vegetarian for 8 years (I eat dairy products and eggs), even though there are plenty of times when I eat fish and seafood, specially when I'm in cities with a low offer on vegetarian products.

Judging from all of this, could you please tell me what options do I realistically have?

Thanks!

hairze

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:15 am

hairze - Would recommend reading through my site: www.Immortalhair.org

It will provide all the basic information.

With regard to your regimen: MSM 3000mg/day + resveratrol + centrum 1 pill a day + omega 3 (higher nature flax seed oil 1000mg) + grape seed extract + green tea extract

Centrum is a synthetic isolate, truly a waste of money. Would recommend taking something like Brewer's yeast instead.

Flax seed oil is very poorly converted into EPA and DHA in males, usually only up to between 1 and 2%. In addition, it uses up an enzyme that requires zinc, b6 and magnesium. Would recommend switching to a more potent source of Omega-3 such as Krill oil.

You'll get more help from resveratrol if you add curcumin to it.

It seems evident that you're low thyroid. Iodine and selenium would be highly recommended.

Consumption of alcohol always presents a challenge, and we have many who love it on here--check out all the alcohol threads. Hypoglycemia is typically found in anyone who regularly drinks, it's also quite common in MPB as a whole.

Would recommend you take plenty of vitamin D. 5,000 IU is a good place to start without weighing any other variables.

My favorite antioxidant is Ecklonia Cava and when you read the site above, you'll see why.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hairze Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:20 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:hairze - Would recommend reading through my site: www.Immortalhair.org

It will provide all the basic information.

With regard to your regimen: MSM 3000mg/day + resveratrol + centrum 1 pill a day + omega 3 (higher nature flax seed oil 1000mg) + grape seed extract + green tea extract

Centrum is a synthetic isolate, truly a waste of money. Would recommend taking something like Brewer's yeast instead.

Flax seed oil is very poorly converted into EPA and DHA in males, usually only up to between 1 and 2%. In addition, it uses up an enzyme that requires zinc, b6 and magnesium. Would recommend switching to a more potent source of Omega-3 such as Krill oil.

You'll get more help from resveratrol if you add curcumin to it.

It seems evident that you're low thyroid. Iodine and selenium would be highly recommended.

Consumption of alcohol always presents a challenge, and we have many who love it on here--check out all the alcohol threads. Hypoglycemia is typically found in anyone who regularly drinks, it's also quite common in MPB as a whole.

Would recommend you take plenty of vitamin D. 5,000 IU is a good place to start without weighing any other variables.

My favorite antioxidant is Ecklonia Cava and when you read the site above, you'll see why.

I'll do some blood thyroid testing next week - t3, t4 and TSH. Is this reliable?

Let's assume I have a thyroid problem or I'm deficient in a nutrient - let's assume I correct this problem or deficiency - from what you have seen here and from your experience, what's the chance I have to regain thick and very good looking hair?

hairze

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:23 am

hairze - Chances are good when you identify and address all the environmental and dietary factors.

Traditional thyroid testing is not accurate. The problem is that TSH is not reliable b/c it does not take into account that
most are thyroid hormone resistant. So unfortunately, TSH has to rise quite significantly for the establishment take notice.

Instead, it is more reliable to observe symptoms of low thyroid function coupled with a Broda Barnes test.

In his book, Dr. Barnes states that 40% of Americans suffer from an inadequate supply of thyroid hormone, an ingredient vital to health in the human body. I'm quite sure this figure has only become worse since that publication.

Since about half of the population suffers from some degree of thyroid deficiency, it would follow that administering proper thyroid dosages could save thousands of lives each year.

It is the opinion of Dr. Barnes and the author that
natural thyroid is the best kind to use because it
contains all the essential thyroid components that
are not found in other thyroid drugs such as
Synthyroid®️.

Dr. Barnes noted that hypothyroidism often goes undiagnosed because blood thyroid values are usually inaccurate. He recommends a simple test, called the Basal Temperature test, which the patient can perform at home.

Dr. Barnes has found the basal temperature to be one of the most valid tests to evaluate thyroid function. The temperature test should be done upon awakening in the morning, but before leaving your bed.

HOW TO TAKE THE BASAL TEMPERATURE TEST FOR DETERMINING LOW THYROID

1) If you are male or a non-menstruating female, take a digital thermometer or an oral mercury thermometer (which has been shaken down and placed at the bedside the previous evening) and place it in your armpit for 10 minutes immediately upon awakening while lying quietly in bed. Repeat the test three days in a row. Normal temperature is 97.8 degrees to 98.2 degrees. If your temperature is low, your thyroid gland is probably underactive.

*************Note*************
DO NOT use an electric blanket for 24
hours prior to taking your temperature.

2)If you are a female who menstruates, do the above test on the second and third day of your period in the same manner.

3) If you have a very young child and you are unable to take his armpit temperature, you can take the rectal temperature for two minutes. Normal would be 1 degree higher than the above, that is 98.8 degrees to 99.2 degrees.

4)Record your results below and bring this record to your physician.

RESULTS: TEMPERATURE:

Date:________ Day 1: ___________________
Date:________ Day 2: ___________________
Date:________ Day 3: ___________________
Date:________ Day 4: ___________________
Date:________ Day 5: ___________________

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hairze Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks for the further info.

But now tell me... why should we trust one single doctor, against everything else? What data is there to backup his claims? As you do certainly know, thyroid supplementation is not without its risks.

Please don't think I'm being harsh... I just want to learn.

hairze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down