Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others)

3 posters

Go down

Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) Empty Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others)

Post  hopeful19 Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Would Growth factors be just as effective used every other day?

hopeful19

Back to top Go down

Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) Empty Re: Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others)

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:03 pm

hopeful19 - I'm not sure. Funny, I actually have some courtesy of Nidhogge and I haven't used them all that much--I just hate topicals because I never think about using them (too inconvenient).

Hopefully jdp710, Nid or somebody else knows.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others) Empty Re: Growth Factors (CS, JDP, NID, Others)

Post  kijumn Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Sorry hopeful19, I have no clue really.

I've actually never tried growth factors before as I was never really put much stock into it. My feelings are that I'll let others be the guinea pigs in this area.

With that said, personally, and with my "very limited knowledge" I would rather investigate the growth factors from LLLT. Even reading about Popp's work regarding biophotons is very interesting for me. Also, with the 150% or so increase in ATP from LLLT that should help in regards to senescence. Although, according to the book Excitoxins, it appears the increase in ATP may only delay the inevitable unless combines with niacinamide and better yet combined with other B vitamins ... as in Brewers yeast.

BTW, did I mention I like laser blood irradiation via 2 650 nm lasers in my nose for long periods of time.

Sorry for going off topic but here are two quotes from chore boy who would better be able to answer your question

"I used Dermaheal way back in the day. I ended up dropping it mostly due to the price and lack of apparent results.

My opinion on growth factors? I definitely feel they hold promise. However, for some reason, I haven't seen spectacular results from exsisting formulations and some pretty heavy-duty agents have been explored in the forums.

I have my speculations on why this occurs but obviously they're just speculations. Like, why do we tend to see good results from guys using Fin and minox who are just beginning to treat their hairloss? I like to think that it might have something to do with these strong initial responders' hair follicles still having the capacity for normal hair growth (proliferation, differentiation, etc). Loss of this capacity might explain why Fin results decline over time. Who knows... maybe the follicular remodeling that occurs with MPB hinders stem cells located in the niche from migrating to the DP to initiate a new growth cycle? No tellin', homeys...

One thing that concerns me with the use of growth factors is that, if they are in fact inducing proliferation and such, and the follicles aren't producing hairs, it might be the equivalent of spinning the tires of your car with the emergency brake engaged. Doesn't really seem like an outrageous notion to me that these cells might go into senescence prematurely as a result.

Like I said... just speculations. I'm merely thinking out loud, here."

"About the only growth factor I'm still very much interested in is KGF. The liposome guy I spoke to said it's definitely feasible to encapsulate it, which is one of the compounds I have him looking into. If I can get a good enough price on it, I may try it out."

http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1646
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down