Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» China is at it again
Minoxidil Opinions EmptyToday at 2:05 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Minoxidil Opinions EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Minoxidil Opinions EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Minoxidil Opinions EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Minoxidil Opinions EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Minoxidil Opinions EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Minoxidil Opinions EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Minoxidil Opinions EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Minoxidil Opinions EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Minoxidil Opinions

+5
nidhogge
Misirlou
Paradox
CausticSymmetry
bobbyv
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Minoxidil Opinions Empty Minoxidil Opinions

Post  bobbyv Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:53 am

Immortal - I cant recall reading your opinion on minoxidil. What are yours and others thoughts on it? I used it for a few weeks a year or so ago, but couldnt stick with it as it irritated my scalp too much. I didnt like what I read about any new hairs grown being 'minoxidil dependant' either.

bobbyv

Back to top Go down

Minoxidil Opinions Empty Re: Minoxidil Opinions

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:07 pm

bobbyv - Minoxidil works by opening up Potassium and increase ATP "energy" to the follicles. I believe it's better to use Magnesium & Potassium instead to get the same effect.

More on this right here:

http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/physiology.htm

I like to take apple cider vinegar capsules as a good source of potassium and it helps prolong the conversion of starches breaking down into glucose. Magnesium increases ATP and compliments potassium.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:08 pm

IH,

Does magnesium and potassium play a role in blood pressure like minoxidil does? I ask because lately i have had headaches that seem to come on after I eat breakfast and take all my vitamins. It might have been coincidental but today I had a bad one on the left side of my head and I took two drops of lugols in water with 2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar and it almost completely went away. I didn't take the ACV this morining like I usually do, only 200mg of magnesium. Is it a mag/potassium imbalance maybe? Too much magnesium and not enough potassium? I also ran out of Zinc a little while ago so I haven't been taking any zinc.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:33 pm

CS: Can this internal alternative also cause shedding as topical minoxidil does?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:11 am

JHarsh80 - Yes, that's quite likely. Too little potassium in relation to Magnesium can cause a headache. Also vice verse.

Both Magnesium and Potassium are used to keep blood pressure under control.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 am

Misirlou - No, fortunately it won't.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:35 am

I still need to get that SSKI, IH. I wonder if it will regrow hair as well as reducing the cysts? I honestly think the Mag. Oil that I've been applying in the shower has gradually been shrinking the cysts down. Could just be me though...

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:50 am

Just ordered it, along with some more Lithium Chloride, heh.

http://www.sciencecompany.com for those wondering.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:49 am

nidhogge - It could be the internal iodine your taking, this is supposed to shrink the cysts. SSKI topically should really help in this dept.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:01 am

IH--

Good point man, thanks! Smile Didn't even consider that...

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Nighogge-
Over on regrowth I saw you used minoxidil with retin-a, was it Promox? Did your scalp flake bad and is the flaking bad for your hair? I have been using Promox and I seems like my hair is just going down hill.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Sorry Bro spelled your name wrong. My bad

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Nidhogge-
Were you talking about Magnesium oil? My Mom brought some home from here work and said they cant keep it on the selves every one is buying some. I was reading its good for sore muscles, Improves mood, and so on.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:12 pm

What kind of magnesium oil are we talking about here? bounce

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:01 am

Chapat--

It wasn't Promox, but rather, a 15% Minox., .0125% or something Retin-A, and 2% Saw Palmetto (around that %) solution. Wasted like 80 bucks buying 3 bottles since it was from South Africa, figured I'd cut down on future shipping buying in bulk...never stuck with it. Greasy, nasty shit. I got ripped.

I don't think Promox will do most people's hair any good. As you know from my exchanges with Sandman, I'm definitely not a fan of Minoxidil or Propecia-related solutions. I think lasering and a holistic approach to it is our best bet. I'm hoping that my hair loss formula winds up being a real success for people...a nice, natural and effective alternative to the crap out there.

We shall see I guess. Smile

Also, on Mag. Oil--www.puremagoil.com

I use the Magnesium Chloride. 5-8 dropperfuls on the scalp after shampooing/rinsing my hair, massaged in real well. Then I'll wash my body so it'll be sitting for 5-10 minutes. I just wash my hair quickly with water at the end to wash out the excess Mag. Oil, then style as usual once out of the shower!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:02 am

Oh ya...Mag. Oil is also my new deodorant as well. I spritz a little puddle into the palm of each hand and slap it into my armpit and massage in good. It smells a bit beachy for 10 minutes, so keep your shirt off while it dries for that period, then the smell goes away and your pits are odorless!

Also a fantastic way to get Magnesium into your body, as the skin in your armpit is incredibly thin and easy to penetrate.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:57 am

nidhogge - I've been dwelling on that idea you have about the Mag Oil for deodorant.

When I use most regular kinds of deodorant and lately I've been using this mostly natural stuff with a good smell, but it probably has a chemical or two or three that I could do without--anyway I find that on hot days if I'm really working or whatever I can see this stuff come out my in streaks on my shirt.

It's as if I am sweating out the deodorant. I'd much rather have this Mag Oil on me. Does this happen to anybody?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bobbyv Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:17 am

Would you say there's any negatives to minoxidil use? As in could it make hair loss worse, or have systemic side effects like propecia? Also do you think 'minoxidil dependence' of regrown hair is a genuine problem or is it more a case that on ceasing use of it, the old pattern/causes of the hair loss restart the process?

bobbyv

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:52 am

bobbyv - According to a study which involved pictures (I believe it was sponsored by a product that has minoxidil in its formula) they showed that getting off of Minoxidil does cause shedding, but the hair does recover back to the way it was, so nothing lost overall.

The side effects of Minoxidil are usually increased hair growth in other areas, such as the back.

Other factors involve its internal use, which is found here:

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/drugs/minoxidil-087800.htm

Note that Minoxidil can absorb into the bloodstream according to reports, so using it topically has some potential risk.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:39 am

Hey IH,

Never noted your reply to the Mag. Oil as deodorant. I still do this daily and love it--it's very potent. You don't have a smell either way, though it is stinky for about 10 minutes after application. Make sure not to put too much in your hand, just a little puddle with at most an inch circumference or so. I usually leave my shirt off for 10 minutes after application to let the air get in there and dry up some of the moisture. It can also leave a salty residue on your skin from the Chloride content, though nothing you can't wipe off with a towel.

I don't think you'll have a problem with sweat streaks with the mag. oil!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:10 am

Cool, thanks Nidhogge
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:35 am

But Immorthal,have you ever used minoxidil?
If not,why??

CausticSymmetry wrote:bobbyv - According to a study which involved pictures (I believe it was sponsored by a product that has minoxidil in its formula) they showed that getting off of Minoxidil does cause shedding, but the hair does recover back to the way it was, so nothing lost overall.

The side effects of Minoxidil are usually increased hair growth in other areas, such as the back.

Other factors involve its internal use, which is found here:

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/drugs/minoxidil-087800.htm

Note that Minoxidil can absorb into the bloodstream according to reports, so using it topically has some potential risk.
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:20 am

sissi - I've never touched the stuff. Minoxidil was originally a blood pressure drug. It's action is primarily to increase blood flow by activating potassium channels.

There are safer ways to increase blood flow and activate potassium channels without undesirable side-effects.

More importantly, drugs are not designed to resolve the underlying cause, in this case vasoconstriction. Vasoconstriction could result from excess aldosterone, over production of renin which leads to angiotensin converting enzymes, too many omega-6 fatty acids, refined starches, grains and sugar intake.

Vasoconstriction can also result from insulin resistance which could lead to insufficient nitric oxide production.

Correcting the underlying problem is the ultimate answer, because it will resolve more than just blood flow.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:41 am

But are you sure that MPB is relacioned with vasoconstrition??
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:05 am

sissi - Minoxidil doesn't deal with the androgenetic factor, only the blood flow factor. Of course pattern baldness is caused by a variety of mechanisms.

For example, insulin resistance increases DHT to the scalp, it also increases androgen sensitivity, and decreases blood flow by way of vasoconstriction. Insulin resistance also increases the production of renin, which increases angiotensin and transforming growth factor beta.

Short shorter, it causes practically everything concerning MPB. Possible exceptions would be thyroid, but even that is related to a degree.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next