Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Very interesting floatation tank study EmptyToday at 3:49 am by Atlas

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Very interesting floatation tank study EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Very interesting floatation tank study EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Very interesting floatation tank study EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Very interesting floatation tank study EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Very interesting floatation tank study EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Very interesting floatation tank study EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Very interesting floatation tank study EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Very interesting floatation tank study EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Very interesting floatation tank study

5 posters

Go down

Very interesting floatation tank study Empty Very interesting floatation tank study

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:00 pm

NEW RESEARCH undertaken at the Human Performance Laboratory at Karlstad University by Swedish PHD, Sven-Åke Bood [141]concludes that regular floatation tank sessions can drastically relieve chronic stress related ailments. Studies involving 140 people with long-term conditions such as anxiety, stress, depression and fibromyalgia found that more than three quarters experienced noticeable improvements.

Mr Bood commented: "Through relaxing in floating tanks, people with long-term fibromyalgia, for instance, or depression and anxiety felt substantially better after only 12 treatments".

Research targeted the effectiveness of floatation treatment with regard to stress related pain and anxiety over the period of seven weeks. 22 percent of the participants became entirely free of pain and 56 percent experienced clear improvement.

The research also confirms the findings of an earlier thesis that floatation, after only twelve sessions, substantially improves sleep patterns leaving users more optimistic and with reduced nervousness, tension and pain.

Relaxing in a weightless state in the silent warmth of a floatation tank activates the body's own system for recuperation and healing, said Sven-Ake Bood.

What researchers find particularly gratifying is that the positive effects were still in evidence 4 months after the floating treatment ended.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Very interesting floatation tank study Empty Re: Very interesting floatation tank study

Post  sdguy Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 am

Float tanks are excellent. I've done a number of floats and after an hour you feel like you just had a great massage and nap combined, although sometimes you do fall asleep and get a real nap. They're also used in conjunction with sound for accelerated learning, and the occasional hallucination's pretty fun too. Unfortunately, in my area the closest place with a tank is like 30 minutes away, not counting traffic, but if you can find one nearby then I'd recommend buying a block of 6 sessions or so and trying it out.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Very interesting floatation tank study Empty Re: Very interesting floatation tank study

Post  chapat Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:12 am

Where do you find these at? Spas, wellness centers

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  Luxuriate Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 pm

I heard a lot of wild claims about floatation tanks, and they induced me to have a go:)

I kind of liked it, but it was only as effective as any other relaxation training I had. I believe a bit of variety in relaxation method will likely be more satisfactory. And deep relaxation for about 20 min a day will likely help regulate your hormone levels and help circulation of general goodstuff.

Lux

Luxuriate

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:43 am

Where can it be bought for home use? Very Happy

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:25 am

Chapat, in my area there's one at a yoga center and another guy rents rents one out of his place.

Misirlou, the only manufacturer I know about is Samadhi, but you can probably find more if you do a search. You can also probably find instructions online to build your own if you don't want to make the investment (they're pretty expensive). Definitely do a number of floats to see if you want to use one longterm before buying.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down