Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test EmptyToday at 8:26 am by JtheDreamer

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test

2 posters

Go down

PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test Empty PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test

Post  MikeGore Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:04 am

Ever since the pandemic started I have been able to avoid any kind of non-sensical test since I avoided travel. However, I might need to travel soon and I hate to have to take this test.

That being said, what is the difference between the PCR test and Rapid Antigen Test? Do they both involve the deep nasal swab? Is there any way that if I asked the person to just take from the mouth that it would be sufficient for them. I really don't want to stick anything up my nose.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test Empty Re: PCR Test vs Rapid Antigen Test

Post  Nuada Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:20 am

MikeGore wrote:Ever since the pandemic started I have been able to avoid any kind of non-sensical test since I avoided travel. However, I might need to travel soon and I hate to have to take this test.

That being said, what is the difference between the PCR test and Rapid Antigen Test? Do they both involve the deep nasal swab? Is there any way that if I asked the person to just take from the mouth that it would be sufficient for them. I really don't want to stick anything up my nose.

I think they both require nasal or throat swabs.

Also about antigen :
"In contrast, antigen tests — often referred to as rapid tests — work by mixing the sample with a solution that unleashes specific viral proteins. That combination is then applied to a paper strip that contains a bespoke antibody optimised to bind these proteins if they are present. Like a home pregnancy test the result is reflected as a band on the paper strip.

The process doesn’t require a lab, and can be done in up to 30 minutes, but that speed comes at the cost of sensitivity. Although these tests are reliable when an individual has a high viral load, they are far more prone to false-negative results if a person has low amounts of the virus in their body."

This is taken from a site that claims PCR tests have almost 100% accuracy in diagnosing the infected however, so take it with a grain of salt.

Nuada

Back to top Go down