Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic

3 posters

Go down

Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic Empty Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic

Post  Southbeach Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:37 pm

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33178686/

The DQ (dadsatinib/quercetin) studies in mice all noted dense hair growth in addition to a plethora of other benefits. I've done 2 rounds of DQ, and use Metformin (1700mg/day) , and NR (Nicotinamide Riboside) and hair has been growing unusually fast. Recently introduced Fisetin, which like DQ I use on a hit and run basis. Thought you may find this interesting..

Southbeach

CausticSymmetry and CF like this post

Back to top Go down

Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic Empty Re: Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic

Post  bh1546 Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:28 am

I was reading on life extending protocols that scientists that study ageing use. Low dose metformin was one of the main things. Are there any long-term negatives to using metformin?

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic Empty Re: Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression: I use this stuff as a Senolytic

Post  Southbeach Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:41 pm

Any potential long term negative effects of Metformin are few and and between. What I've mainly noticed quickly after initiating it at 1500-2000 mg a day for the last 3 years, is a reduction in already relatively low body fat- definititely a more shredded look. No drop in libido, and despite some studies suggesting a decrease in muscle Mass in response to weight training with metformin, my weight has slightly decreased, while my strength and muscle definition has increased. Having said that, Metformin is just the first generation of many good anti-aging things to come-not terribly exciting, but well worth using, IMO. Gotta give credit to my former associate and friend, Bill Faloon, of Life Extension who has and continues to keep me dialed in to the latest.

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:29 am

Part of the idea behind this is the activation of AMPK. However, yes there are some potential negatives.

To make a long story short, it all depends on the individual.

To make a short story longer...

By way of PET scans, it was found that metformin caused male cardiovascular fatty acids to be oxidized (to burn more fat and less sugar). If you're diabetic, not the desired outcome, because it can help increase the opportunity of heart failure under the "right" circumstances. 

In fact to quote one of the study authors, the drug made it (the heart) appear “even more like a diabetic heart.”

As for females, the opposite finding resulted in Metformin lowering fat metabolism and increased sugar uptake.

The usual side effects of this drug are digestion, hormone imbalances, dizziness, and sinus infections.

Also loss of vitamin B12 and folate. 

The other natural AMPK activators, such as Berberine.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:53 am

That doesnt sound like something that would be like extending.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  Southbeach Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:14 am

I've personally had nothing but benefits, as have the vast majority of those in anti-aging circles, but again a viable anti aging protocol does not have to in anyway hinge on Metformin. There are some senolytics like DQ and Fisetin that Bill , myself and some other test pilots in the community have been implementing. The community writ large, is also into NAD repletion , usually in the form of Nictotinamide Riboside (NR) and to a lesser extent NMN. David Sinclair, who is active in this community currently uses 1500mg Metformin, 1,000mg of Resveratrol, and about 600 NR, plus exercise and a largely plant based diet last I heard. A great info resource for the hard core life extensionists: https://www.lifespan.io/

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  Southbeach Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:32 am

I forgot to mention that Sinclair, myself , Bill Faloon, and practically everyone in the community also practice intermittent fasting, mostly in the form of time restricted eating (TRE) . Sinclair, Faloon , myself all do between a 16/8 and an 18/6 with a PM feeding window that starts around 4-5 PM . Gotta say there are some really young lookin MFers floating around this community, will post my own pics in a bit...

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down