Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What is this forums aversion to HT? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What is this forums aversion to HT? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What is this forums aversion to HT? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What is this forums aversion to HT? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What is this forums aversion to HT? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What is this forums aversion to HT? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What is this forums aversion to HT? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What is this forums aversion to HT? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What is this forums aversion to HT? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What is this forums aversion to HT?

4 posters

Go down

What is this forums aversion to HT? Empty What is this forums aversion to HT?

Post  xztop123 Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:22 am

im just curious. im considering a small FUE maybe one of the robotic ones, and then after that using the massage and or nutritional approach to hang on to what i have left.

xztop123

Back to top Go down

What is this forums aversion to HT? Empty Re: What is this forums aversion to HT?

Post  cdto2012 Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:33 am

Hi,   Had 500 grafts done maybe 20 years ago.  The coverage for most low count grafts are thin looking. If you have a cut donor patch it can mess up the hair growth below it as mine has.   If you wait a few months for the grafts to take and grow,  that is 4- 6 months that you are not massaging.   I would recommend doing the massage as a prep and scalp health before the grafts. If you are really lucky like I was,  you will see regrow start  in a few months and maybe not need the grafts if you see the massage working.

I see the DT-CPR method that I use as the best way to keep the grafts alive and well as the years progress. Some see their grafts slow or stop growing if not treated.

from sick bald to this level of regrow in 10 months
https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/19/35/15/42/20160812.jpg

Last edited by cdto2012 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

What is this forums aversion to HT? Empty Re: What is this forums aversion to HT?

Post  CF Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:00 am

I personally think FUEs are great.  I really wish I chose to get that over a FUT, but hindsight, as they say, is 20/20.  I am not sure about the robotic method, however.  I used Dr. Rahal for a scar revision/hair transplant (FUT) and I would recommend him.

Here is a FWIW post:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182340-atlanta-fue.html

Any reputable FUE physician will tell you that the Artas machine does not provide the best results, as a matter of fact the only physicians I know that use the machine are hair mills like bosley and ziering or strip doctors that never mastered FUE, you have not done enough research, there are few FUE doctors in the US I would trust, Dr. Diep did my procedure and Dr. Umar has been doing FUE since the beginning, reputable clinics like Rahal bought the Artas machine and now it collects dust that should tell you everything.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:34 am

cdto2012 wrote:Hi,   Had 500 grafts done maybe 20 years ago.  The coverage for most low count grafts are thin looking. If you have a cut donor patch it can mess up the hair growth below it as mine has.   If you wait a few months for the grafts to take and grow,  that is 4- 6 months that you are not massaging.   I would recommend doing the massage as a prep and scalp health before the grafts. If you are really lucky like I was,  you will see regrow start  in a few months and maybe not need the grafts if you see the massage working.

I see the DT-CPR method that I use as the best way to keep the grafts alive and well as the years progress. Some see their grafts slow or stop growing if not treated.

from sick bald to this level of regrow in 10  months
https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/19/35/15/42/20160812.jpg

Ive actually been doing the pinch type of massage and the DR-CPR with a vitamin bottle lid. Also im doing boar bristle, scalp oils (emu, castor and rosemary) derma stamping and decalcify+biotin... If i have any success I wont know what did it.

as far as the FUE. i generally have VERY thick hair that will puff out like crazy after I shampoo. So my hair conceals very well, making me a good candidate for HT

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:35 am

CF wrote:I personally think FUEs are great.  I really wish I chose to get that over a FUT, but hindsight, as they say, is 20/20.  I am not sure about the robotic method, however.  I used Dr. Rahal for a scar revision/hair transplant (FUT) and I would recommend him.

Here is a FWIW post:

Any reputable FUE physician will tell you that the Artas machine does not provide the best results, as a matter of fact the only physicians I know that use the machine are hair mills like bosley and ziering or strip doctors that never mastered FUE, you have not done enough research, there are few FUE doctors in the US I would trust, Dr. Diep did my procedure and Dr. Umar has been doing FUE since the beginning, reputable clinics like Rahal bought the Artas machine and now it collects dust that should tell you everything.

Interesting. I hear so much conflicting opinion.

Some drs say that FUT is still the best too

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:08 am

xztop123 wrote:
CF wrote:I personally think FUEs are great.  I really wish I chose to get that over a FUT, but hindsight, as they say, is 20/20.  I am not sure about the robotic method, however.  I used Dr. Rahal for a scar revision/hair transplant (FUT) and I would recommend him.

Here is a FWIW post:

Interesting.  I hear so much conflicting opinion.

Some drs say that FUT is still the best too

Check out the before/after pics from, for example, Dr. Rahal (I don't know much about the field in terms who are good HT surgeons, otherwise I would provide more examples) and ask yourself why FUT should be considered to be the best by anyone with the skill to perform a FUE with similar results.  IMO the only reason to do a FUT it to increase the amount of donor follicles.  In any other circumstance it's a barbaric procedure, IMO. (Of course, sometimes cost considerations play a factor as well, and I know the devastating effect of hair loss so it's not as though I don't have compassion, but from personal experience I would 10 times out of 10 advise someone to pay the extra money, even if it takes longer to getting to the point where you can afford the surgery.)

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:56 am

I am very concerned with post operative pain though.

I have very very mild injuries from YEARS ago that still hurt and pain me.

The idea that a FUE isn't painful seems crazy to me, since it is causing enough damage to create a bunch of small scars.

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  The_End Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:08 am

Here is a FWIW post:

Curious, how did your work turn out? I'm 3 months out from 4000 grafts and its looking okay. Definitely going to need more work in the future and hoping to find some maintenance balance from this forum.

The_End

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:41 am

The_End wrote:

Here is a FWIW post:

Curious, how did your work turn out? I'm 3 months out from 4000 grafts and its looking okay. Definitely going to need more work in the future and hoping to find some maintenance balance from this forum.

Pretty good.  I wasn't expecting miracles.  I think some of the reason the results look as good as they do on his website (other than he will post his best cases) is he puts his patients on Minoxidil and Finasteride (a couple of drugs I am long removed from, never to return to). It was a definite improvement and things appear to be getting better with time (long after the window of regrowth from the HTs).  I'll probably finish things off with a third HT some time down the road.  My hairline has had two HTs and I am not sure how many original hairs still remain, but probably not all that many.  It's kind of pluggy in places but nothing some more work wouldn't fix.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  The_End Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:07 pm

CF wrote:
The_End wrote:

Here is a FWIW post:

Pretty good.  I wasn't expecting miracles.  I think some of the reason the results look as good as they do on his website (other than he will post his best cases) is he puts his patients on Minoxidil and Finasteride (a couple of drugs I am long removed from, never to return to). It was a definite improvement and things appear to be getting better with time (long after the window of regrowth from the HTs).  I'll probably finish things off with a third HT some time down the road.  My hairline has had two HTs and I am not sure how many original hairs still remain, but probably not all that many.  It's kind of pluggy in places but nothing some more work wouldn't fix.

What were your graft/hair counts? Do you have any picture maybe? I'm just curious as to what I can expect.

The_End

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:00 pm

I think it was 3000, but it was a while ago. Sorry, I should probably remember things like that. It all went into the hairline/temple area.

Before pics:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/19/52/68/68/hair110.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/19/52/68/68/hair210.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/19/52/68/68/hair310.jpg

After pics:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/19/52/68/68/img_2010.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/19/52/68/68/hair510.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/19/52/68/68/hair410.jpg

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  The_End Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:02 pm

That looks amazing dude. I'm fucking 27 and am a full blown norwood 5 in a matter of 5 years. I would kill for something like that, but you looked great even before.

The_End

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:10 pm

The_End wrote:That looks amazing dude. I'm fucking 27 and am a full blown norwood 5 in a matter of 5 years. I would kill for something like that, but you looked great even before.

Thanks, man. I know my hair has never been in really been in too rough of shape, other than one temple that was really balding badly back around your age.  (I am 40 now, in case you were wondering.)  My first HT took care of that pretty well.  It's the same temple (right one) that still needs some work to get the thickness of the left one but it's night and day compared to back then.

Hopefully you're able to figure out something that works for you in terms of maintenance and regrowth.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down