Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ecklonia cava. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ecklonia cava. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ecklonia cava. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ecklonia cava. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ecklonia cava. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ecklonia cava. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ecklonia cava. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Ecklonia cava. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Ecklonia cava. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ecklonia cava.

+2
CausticSymmetry
Decro435
6 posters

Go down

Ecklonia cava. Empty Ecklonia cava.

Post  Decro435 Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:17 am

Ecklonia cava: What is it's role in your regimen?
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia cava. Empty Re: Ecklonia cava.

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:33 am

Decro435 - It inhibits phospholipase A2, strongly inhibits MMP-9, potent inhibitor of anti-plasmin (keeps blood viscosity lower), inhibits vasoreactive substances and a whole ride of inflammatory insults. Unlike land-based plant polyphenols, this is 40% fat soluble so it protects both lipid and water soluble cells and it lasts for about 12-hours per dose.

It also increases detectable levels of growth hormone.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia cava. Empty Ecklonia cava.

Post  Crusher Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:58 am

Decro435,

EC fights fibrosis and inflammation (but it is so expensive...).
To underline CS's post, you have to use it twice a day to be covered.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:41 am

If you take one pill per day

http://www.iherb.com/Allergy-Research-Group-Nutricology-Fibronol-150-Veggie-Caps/7784?at=0

the cost will only be $8 per month. Or if you take 2 if will be $16.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Jdp

Fibronol contains 400mg EC in 2 capsules so in order to be covered for the amount of 800mg daily that IH suggests, one needs to take 4 caps Fibronol .So the cost rises up significantly.
CS do we we really need 2 caps of 400mg EC per day? What if we take 200mg morning and evening?Does that dosage suffice?
That 'd cut the cost in half !
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:27 am

Caustic,

Are there any side effects associated with any of the products in the Top 6?
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:28 am

edony - I'm not sure. It's a good idea and maybe, just maybe it might work if you take Lipoic acid with it.

All I know for sure is that taking more than the standard dose is not necessary. One thing about Fibronol verses Fibroboost is that you're paying about 10 dollars extra for the Aloe Vera, B1 and Magnesium.

Decro435 - Usually no and unlike drugs if there is any unfavorable reaction it will not be dangerous. I've found that no substance is 100% hypoallergenic for everyone. There have been no adverse events reported, except for a rash in one case--not sure if that persisted or not. In my case, I had to battle headaches when taking Curcumin but those effects went away when I made sure to take it with a meal. Funny thing now is I never get headaches from Curcumin anymore, no matter what. A long time ago when I first started taking Stabilized R-Lipoic acid, I would get low blood sugar if I waited too long to eat after taking it. This too never happens to me anymore.

One important thing is to distinguish a cleansing effect (detoxification effect) from an adverse effect. When many start a regimen like this, including myself a number of powerful body detoxification processes occur. Probably the worst that can happen and usually this happens if you get into a strong anti-candida protocol which is for the most part separate from the standard regimen is a herxheimer reaction. This occurs if the toxins released are greater in number than the body can readily expel at one time.

Once the majority of toxins are released from stored fat or in the liver and other organs any detoxification effects will not be so notifiable.

One final point to the question and I almost forgot to mention this is that this regimen is pro-longevity besides being pro-hair. I don't mention this nearly enough but for me is a strong motivator in terms of what happens inside the body.
I have a loose theory that most of us suffering from male pattern baldness probably have some sort of mitochondrial "defect" handed down from grandmother or grandfather or further. Probably better explained as a reaction to a fundamental nutrient deficiency, since genes are not an inevitable expression but rather a potential selection if the given environment caters to it. If my loose theory is correct, a cause of such a mitochondrial defect would be something simple like an iodine shortage or other nutrient deficiency of our forebears.

In any event, hair loss is elevated by heightened reactive oxygen species and some of this is systemic, not just in the localized scalp areas. It is perhaps an early clue that we can get a start on beating disease well before it ever arrives.
So I would like to think and have plenty of reason to believe that a regimen like this can prevent a great majority of ills that occur with "normal" aging.

I don't mention this too much either, but Ecklonia Cava is a very powerful anti-skin aging. And according to some laboratory animal experiments, the combination of ALC and Lipoic acid alone may extend lifespan some 30%.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:29 am

As an off-topic comment...

I think the anti-aging and general health thing is very important.

I'm following and refining my regimen not just becaus of my hair, but for optimal health and protection against all the insults we get nowadays.

I'm not willing to sacrifice my health for my hair. for example I wouldn't take propecia knowing that it can have important side effects; sometimes the damange caused is permanent. Another example would be Acutane... you can manage acne with diet (insulin, drop grains, lectins, etc) and supplements which have good side effects on you health.

I hope they talk more often here about health in general and not just about hair... at the end I believe that most of us are truly interested in our general wellness but don't mention it very often.

Thanks.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down