Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2024 7:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
StillSomeTime
Hotspur
Dannyboy
zarathustra
australian
egghead
thisainteasy
SuperMechanioventraliosis
HairOfReason
Serge
gatorNic
Sage 1
johndoe1225
Organism
NW0
Columbo
Faither
BE-COOL
MikeGore
Oker
CausticSymmetry
TheDivineMarquis
RAptor
Nanas
Denied
NotPatrickStewart
focuspoint
rukongai
bitvortex
Hole
theseeker86
dzeris
cloud201
alphadelta
drex1999
YAER
Ho Chi Minh
Brabus
Mageik
gorilla_power
rayl
alb_ert
sanderson
Joey Ramone
rofl
MrGalea
chubbfrank
Duketronix
tooyoungforthis
NDW
PotentPotential
Xenon
Jay07
stanis
Amin80
hairyshowers
SonofOdin
OpenBook
Complexx
berti
Aeons7
schpiloch123
hiilikeyourbeard
stresssucks
Slimnuts
bov51
CaptainGiggles
Florain
sizzlinghairs
Buster121
xyro
ANewHope
Growdamnit
fghjfghj
deleteme
NYJets
Biffy
Keanoseg
82 posters

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Growdamnit Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:43 am

So, it isn't the cure for you then, huh?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:35 am

Buster121 wrote:Hey Guys,

So I have been doing DT for the past 3 months and thought I’d share my progress.

So I still do 2x20mins of DT per day and use the technique that Rob suggested in his video. I mainly focus on the hairline but I do make sure that the whole scalp is covered. I am pretty much fully able to pinch everywhere apart from the front of my scalp, that I think is impossible, for me anyway.

When I set off on the DT journey I had loads of vellus hairs, they were always there but since starting DT they have grown and grown. Some have sparked back into life. This gives me much hope for the future and I will continue on this journey. I have uploaded a few pictures, I think I’m gaining ground but what do you think?

Left Temple 21/10/14

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 IMG_5803

Left Temple 05/12/14

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 IMG_6900

Right Temple 20/10/14

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 IMG_5778

Right Temple 05/12/14

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 IMG_6904

Enjoy you weekend

nice regrowth!
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 Empty kneading and rubbing

Post  deleteme Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 am

http://omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

JuSt to remind people the study said kneading (pinching) and a rubbing (heavy finger press) was used.

deleteme

Back to top Go down

Post  deleteme Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:21 am

[quote="massager"]http://omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

JuSt to remind people the study said kneading (pinching) and a rubbing (heavy finger press) was used.

I have also just purchased two of these.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151497486722?txnId=1180113074005

i will use them in the same way I use my other bian stones. These combs are also made from stone. The points in the comb may have extra benefits whilst usingboth to pull and stretch the skin. My technique remains pretty much the same. DDon't be afraid to work your scalp in different ways. I will use both of the combs at opposite ends of my scalp and pull them towards each other so my skin buckles (resulting in the pinch/kneading) Imgoing to try a few new tthings with it. Just thought some of you may be interested for those using the bian stones already. Also if the side with teeth isn't your cup of tea you can use the reverse side. Just to be clear when irub my head with them I DO NOT LET THEM SLIDE OVER MY SCALP. I KEEP FIRM PRESSURE ,ENOUGH TO PULL AND STRETCH MY SCALP SKIN.

deleteme

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:58 am

I think buster's pics demonstrate how ling ut can take to get full regrowth. I imagine a lot of us here have much worse loss than buster so it will take us many more months to see what hes seeing...But it also shows that regrowth is possible. Great worker buster!

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeons7 Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Bit of a weird thing to post but last week i was hanging out with my friend who thought he had gum stuck in his hair and made me see if i could get it out i ended up having to take some of it out but i got to feel his scalp through the process he has really thick and long hair and touching his scalp was like touching a layer of fat, it literally was so easy to move around im no where near that flexibility on my scalp i definitely see how this could work to helping regrow some hair!

Aeons7

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimnuts Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Aeons7 wrote:Bit of a weird thing to post but last week i was hanging out with my friend who thought he had gum stuck in his hair and made me see if i could get it out i ended up having to take some of it out but i got to feel his scalp through the process he has really thick and long hair and touching his scalp was like touching a layer of fat, it literally was so easy to move around im no where near that flexibility on my scalp i definitely see how this could work to helping regrow some hair!

When I was massaging a girl's scalp recently it felt like she had no scalp fat... yet she has a full head of hair. Her hair is quite fine though, not thinning at all just very fine blonde hair with a healthy shine and not oily.

Slimnuts

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeons7 Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Slimnuts wrote:
Aeons7 wrote:Bit of a weird thing to post but last week i was hanging out with my friend who thought he had gum stuck in his hair and made me see if i could get it out i ended up having to take some of it out but i got to feel his scalp through the process he has really thick and long hair and touching his scalp was like touching a layer of fat, it literally was so easy to move around im no where near that flexibility on my scalp i definitely see how this could work to helping regrow some hair!

When I was massaging a girl's scalp recently it felt like she had no scalp fat... yet she has a full head of hair. Her hair is quite fine though, not thinning at all just very fine blonde hair with a healthy shine and not oily.
My girlfriends scalp is like that too perhaps it has to do with the type of hair, she also has very fine blonde hair.

Aeons7

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:15 pm

lol i gave a girl a bit of a head rub/massage the other day and her scalp felt like mine does after being consistent with dt for a while, very flexible and thick...she does have very thick brown hair though so that could mean something. Who knows.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster121 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Does anyone do DT on there forehead? The last few days I have tried about half way down my forehead and it feels like I'm getting my blood to my head. It's a strange feeling. I don't go so hard on the forehead because I don't want wrinkles etc but I def feel like it could benefit with more blood flow.

Buster121

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster121 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:47 pm

schpiloch123 wrote:I think buster's pics demonstrate how ling ut can take to get full regrowth. I imagine a lot of us here have much worse loss than buster so it will take us many more months to see what hes seeing...But it also shows that regrowth is possible. Great worker buster!

Thanks mate. I think regrowth really will take a long time but I am seeing good signs thus far. More and more terminals are appearing!

Buster121

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:17 am

I've been doing this method for almost a year now. I'm a diffuse thinner but my hair had been stable for years due to diet etc. Last year I had a blip due to having some amalgams removed so decided to start this to see if I could regrow the hair that I'd lost, which was mainly in my problem area at the front, middle of the hairline.. I lost some ground at the hairline to start with but I hoped that it'd grow back and it did look promising after a few months as lots of vellus hairs starting popping up in the thinning area. Today those same vellus hairs are exactly that, vellus.. I hadn't been paying much attention to my crown because it had been really thick since I stabilised my loss a few years ago, then a few days ago one of my colleagues mentioned my bald patch! I couldn't believe it! I'd been so focused on my original problem area of the hairline that I hadn't noticed that the massage had completely destroyed my crown. So after 11 months I'm going to call it a day with this therapy and maybe without the constant massaging my hair will recover a bit..

I have before and after pics but can't figure out how to upload them.

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 am

berti wrote:I've been doing this method for almost a year now. I'm a diffuse thinner but my hair had been stable for years due to diet etc. Last year I had a blip due to having some amalgams removed so decided to start this to see if I could regrow the hair that I'd lost, which was mainly in my problem area at the front, middle of the hairline.. I lost some ground at the hairline to start with but I hoped that it'd grow back and it did look promising after a few months as lots of vellus hairs starting popping up in the thinning area. Today those same vellus hairs are exactly that, vellus.. I hadn't been paying much attention to my crown because it had been really thick since I stabilised my loss a few years ago, then a few days ago one of my colleagues mentioned my bald patch! I couldn't believe it! I'd been so focused on my original problem area of the hairline that I hadn't noticed that the massage had completely destroyed my crown. So after 11 months I'm going to call it a day with this therapy and maybe without the constant massaging my hair will recover a bit..

Could you specifically explain how you were doing the therapy? (Pressing/pinching? Doing the whole scalp or just bald areas? Etc etc)

Thanks in advance

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 am

I second that request by sizzling. Has your scalp become noticeably thinner or change texture?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster121 Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:44 am

Just looking at a picture I took today and one I took on the 5/11/14 and I can see a big improvement.

05/11/14:Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 IMG_6063

09/12/14: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 IMG_7047

Looks like the hairline is creeping forward and filling in. Also, in the picture from today you might notice some dry skin. Well whenever I get dry skin, soon after the dry skin has gone I see some new terminals or vellus hairs grow longer. confused

Buster121

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimnuts Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:46 pm

berti wrote:I've been doing this method for almost a year now. I'm a diffuse thinner but my hair had been stable for years due to diet etc. Last year I had a blip due to having some amalgams removed so decided to start this to see if I could regrow the hair that I'd lost, which was mainly in my problem area at the front, middle of the hairline.. I lost some ground at the hairline to start with but I hoped that it'd grow back and it did look promising after a few months as lots of vellus hairs starting popping up in the thinning area. Today those same vellus hairs are exactly that, vellus.. I hadn't been paying much attention to my crown because it had been really thick since I stabilised my loss a few years ago, then a few days ago one of my colleagues mentioned my bald patch! I couldn't believe it! I'd been so focused on my original problem area of the hairline that I hadn't noticed that the massage had completely destroyed my crown. So after 11 months I'm going to call it a day with this therapy and maybe without the constant massaging my hair will recover a bit..

I lost a lot of ground too and wasn't even so lucky to receive some vellus in return, just flat out the hairs fell out and didn't grow back.

Slimnuts

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Slimnuts wrote:

I lost a lot of ground too and wasn't even so lucky to receive some vellus in return, just flat out the hairs fell out and didn't grow back.

No offenss, but I'm pretty sure your testimonials l don't count. You ont have MPB.

Last edited by Complexx on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Just sayin', Slim.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenBook Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Buster121 wrote:Just looking at a picture I took today and one I took on the 5/11/14 and I can see a big improvement.

05/11/14:Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 IMG_6063

09/12/14: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 2 IMG_7047

Looks like the hairline is creeping forward and filling in. Also, in the picture from today you might notice some dry skin. Well whenever I get dry skin, soon after the dry skin has gone I see some new terminals or vellus hairs grow longer. confused

Really nice regrowth Buster, thanks for sharing

OpenBook

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:15 pm

I used the method as per the study.. I pinched the skin using both hands moving the skin back and forth, then I would press down with my fingers on that area before moving to the next. I bought the Hair Health ebook just be sure I was doing it right, seems I have been but my scalp just hasn't responded with regrowth. Just like in the video I can now pinch one handed where the scalp has become loose but I still need to use both hands on some areas in the middle. The crown has loosened off nicely but has shed loads of hair also, very disappointing! Wish I'd not bothered, my hair had thinned but was under control and only noticeable by me, now I seem to have massaged my crown bald!

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:04 am

I wouldn't blame DT for making you more bald. I use stones for an even harder pinch and go for fifty minute sessions at times... if I had continued to go down my normal hair loss progression, I should be heading on into NW4.5 territory but instead I'm probably nearing a NW 3.5. That is of course, unless my hair is improving despite DT(I'm on other things) but the other things I'm on are not supposed to work until at least 6-8 months.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:15 am

Berti, you say you had your hairloss under control with just diet? Im not even sure thats possible, I know guys who stay strict to organic local foods and still watch their follicles shrink. I would advise anyone with MPB to at least take basic thyroid supplements.

berti wrote:I can now pinch one handed where the scalp has become loose but I still need to use both hands on some areas in the middle...now I seem to have massaged my crown bald!
If you cant pinch everywhere with one hand then your scalp skin is probably not very loose, and the middle is where you need to work on the most. I also cant quite believe you have 'massaged your crown bald'. I presume you have also been massaging the sides and back of your head, have you also massaged these areas to a state you would consider bald? If that was possible anyone doing maliniak style manuals would have the opposite to a horseshoe pattern. You should be working the skin and not pulling at the hair or sliding your fingers, quote a few pages ago (one of many):

massager wrote:Just to be clear when irub my head with them I DO NOT LET THEM SLIDE OVER MY SCALP. I KEEP FIRM PRESSURE ,ENOUGH TO PULL AND STRETCH MY SCALP SKIN.

Dont get me wrong, I havent recovered all my hair using this method (yet) and understand your frustration, but I do have complete stabilisation and this happened before I began using any supplements and with a bad diet.  
SonofOdin wrote:if I had continued to go down my normal hair loss progression, I should be heading on into NW4.5 territory but instead I'm probably nearing a NW 3.5
Same, I started this as a NW4 roughly and am slowly creaping into NW3 territory. If I had left my hair to progress I have no doubt I would be becoming slick bald by now (just like all the men in my family, who were at my age). Anyway im off the forums for a few months, but will post progress photos (I have alot of hi-res photos already) if and when my hair reaches a stage im happy with.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimnuts Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 pm

Complexx wrote:Just sayin', Slim.

I wish that was the case. TBH I think its a combination of things. Sure my Mom's side keeps super thick hair until geriatric age but my Dad did start receding at about age 40 and is a diffuse NW3 now at age 56 and my grandpa on that side was pretty damn bald by my age (30). I don't have much recession but enough to make me think its both MPB and some sort of internal problem as well. Thats probably why I'm thinning on the sides too and my scalp is greasy as fuck there as well.

Slimnuts

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:34 am

Hair continues to recede. Fuck. About 4 months in of pinching, 9 1/2 pressing.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Amin80 Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:19 pm

3 months in, DT doing amazing stuff, current hair getting thicker, minuscule hairs are noticeably growing though still thin. Not taking anything else, only a daily vitamin and supplementing with kelp and some brushing. This method is the only thing that has given me anything noticeable since minoxidil which I had to drop because of nasty side effects and I wouldn't touch fins sterile with a 5 foot pole.

Amazing technique, though I think it will take maybe more than a year to regrow minuscule hairs, but again this is the only thing that has worked after years of experimenting with worthless topicals.

Amin80

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next