Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia

4 posters

Go down

Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia Empty Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:55 am

Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009 Jun 7.
Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and Serum Levels of Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I in Normotensive and Hypertensive Volunteers with Alopecia.
Harada N, Okajima K.

Department of Translational Medical Science Research, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences.

Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) reduces arterial blood pressure. Since administration of capsaicin and isoflavone increases serum levels of IGF-I by sensory neuron stimulation in subjects with alopecia, it is possible that administration of capsaicin and isoflavone reduces arterial blood pressure in patients with hypertension. Systolic and diastolic blood pressure (BP) and serum levels of IGF-I were determined before and at 1, 3, and 5 months after administration of capsaicin and isoflavone in 42 volunteers with alopecia, 29 normotensive and 13 hypertensive volunteers. Neither systolic nor diastolic BP changed in the normotensive volunteers after combined administration of capsaicin and isoflavone. In contrast, systolic and diastolic BP was significantly reduced in hypertensive volunteers after administration of capsaicin and isoflavone. Serum levels of IGF-I significantly increased in both normotensive and hypertensive volunteers after administration of capsaicin and isoflavone. These observations suggest that administration of capsaicin and isoflavone might reduce BP in hypertensive, but not in normotensive subjects, probably by increasing serum levels of IGF-I.

Full study here: http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bbb/advpub/0/0905211476/_pdf
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia Empty Re: Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:05 am

Note that only 6 milligrams of capsaicin per day was used. But a relatively high dose of isoflavones was used (75 milligrams per day).
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia Empty Re: Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and IGF-1 in Hypertensives with Alopecia

Post  johnt Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 pm

So if one has already high IGF-1 levels, is taking cayenne a bad thing as far as hair goes? Again, I predict that my levels are high since I responded very well to fin, and I'm worried about increasing it further. If that is the case for me (high IGF-1 levels) should I stop cayenne use?

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:44 pm

johnt - Wouldn't worry about increases in IGF-1, at least from low dose cayenne/capsaicin.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:36 pm

The herb P. Lobata can easily deliver 75 mg isoflavones in the shape of puerarin.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:13 am

Yeah I just had a "negative" reaction to cayenne. I was taking a lot more than 6mg though so who knows. Shedding increased dramatically and has finally leveled off a week after stopping. I guess I will just have to settle for the occasional hot sauce Very Happy
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down