Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Anyone relate? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Anyone relate? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Anyone relate? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Anyone relate? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Anyone relate? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Anyone relate? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Anyone relate? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Anyone relate? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Anyone relate? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Anyone relate?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone relate? Empty Anyone relate?

Post  wildtruffle Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:39 pm

is it common for others around here to have hairloss who don't experience any scalp itching or skin issues? (i.e. perhaps internal inflammation but not something felt on a surface level). i don't really even feel much of any sensation on scalp. my hair has been receding *very slowly* for like 10years. I'm now about a NW2 - plus a little. only in the past year did my hair start thinning - but i seemed to arrest the thinning for the most part. it's also interesting that while i haven't receded a whole lot, the crown seems to be going or is really the main thinning area. i also noticed recently that my body hair is shedding. i will say that quitting shampoo has created dramatic results in my hair quality, though.

wildtruffle

Back to top Go down

Anyone relate? Empty Re: Anyone relate?

Post  wildtruffle Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:44 pm

also, I'm 30 - and my father just has a mature hairline. his father is in his 80s and probably is a NW3-4. My mother's father is a NW2 or less. if there are genetic expressions to all of this, then my loss must not be related to that....

wildtruffle

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:36 am

I can't speak for the body hair thinning. You'd need more information to start guessing at the cause of this. It could be related to the stress response and cortisol levels, which would require you to examine your lifestyle, diet, and sleep habits. But again, that's spit-balling. Some hormone tests and a general blood panel would probably help shed some light on your situation. If not, a visit to the dermatologist and a more thorough biopsy of the effected areas might be in order. There are generally other symptoms that correlate to any given hormonal imbalance so begin looking at things like cortisol and thyroid hormone and try to connect some dots to deficiencies or excesses of various hormones, also research the pituitary hormones.

But to your point of the pattern of your hair loss, traditional male-pattern baldness is a rather slow process. Slow recession of the hairline with eventual crown thinning is pretty typical. MPB, as opposed to other forms of loss, isn't usually marked by advanced and rapid loss or discrete lines. The norwood map is a good general indicator of the typical pattern, but this is typical, not universal. I've known men whose MPB was more rapid than most, and others where the hair line receded over a decade or more, with or without crown thinning. You can have this diagnosed. Do some research on hair loss of other types and see if there is a correlation. Patchy loss with discrete lines, or scaling, or marked inflammation with plaque is usually a sign of a more pathological type of loss. One typical feature of MPB is a subtle scarring, you'll notice a shinier appearance to the skin of long-affected areas, relative to the complexion of your other skin. That's scar tissue formation.

Diffuse thinning over the entire scalp is also suggestive that another hormonal cause might be at play. But this doesn't seem to be your case. To me, with the limited information we have, it sounds like your ordinary MPB.

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:28 am

Itching seems to be a fairly common symptom of hair loss around here.   It fits with CS's theory that baldness is an auto-immune condition.   I'm coming more solidly around to that view.  Sadly, the triggers that cause the immune system to attack are different for everyone.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:30 am

I have no itching, no sebum or any other scalp issues. I also don't have very noticeable shedding. My hair is just falling off slowly Smile

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:18 am

Should have said I never had an itching problem, either.  But it is frequently mentioned around here.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:36 pm

In my case, on the 8th Sept '14 I eliminated dairy from my diet and haven't had any itching or dandruff issues since although still shedding.

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down