Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.

3 posters

Go down

Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  Empty Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.

Post  Xenon Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:55 am

I was going to post this on brabus' thread, but decided to create a thread out of this instead. As you guys know, I have noticed time and time again, that if I produce too much body heat, my scalp always seems to inflame and I will lose hair. Well, this also seems to especially happen if I wear too many thick jerseys which cover my entire torso. I might have discovered why this inflammatory process happens. The immune system is located in several parts of the body, but in this instance I want to focus upon the spleen and the thymus. The spleen and thymus are located within the torso -- the very area that is covered by thick jerseys. What I also discovered was, elevated temperatures stimulate the production of T cells, whereas decreased body heat causes the reverse to occur, hence the reason why we become sick when we are exposed to cold temperatures for too long. I, therefore, think that too much body heat (specifically) within the torso region is stimulating the thymus and spleen to produce too many T cells, which then cause scalp inflammation.

I can't specifically explain why the T cells target scalp follicles, but I know for definite that inflammation occurs in response to too much torso heat. And I think that this is because heat to this area is causing the immune system to become more active than is necessary.

"Scientists found that the generation and differentiation of a particular kind of lymphocyte, known as a "CD8+ cytotoxic T-cell" (capable of destroying virus-infected cells and tumor cells) is enhanced by mild fever-range hyperthermia. Specifically, their research suggests that elevated body temperature changes the T-cells' membranes which may help mediate the effects of micro-environmental temperature on cell function. To test this, researchers injected two groups of mice with an antigen, and examined the activation of T-cells following the interaction with antigen presenting cells. Body temperature in half of the mice was raised by 2 degrees centigrade, while the other half maintained a normal core body temperature. In the warmed mice, results showed a greater number of the type of CD8 T-cells capable of destroying infected cells."

Full article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111101130200.htm
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  Empty Re: Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.

Post  Brabus Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:04 am

No replies? I think this is intresting.

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.  Empty Re: Elevated body temperature and over-active immune system.

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:20 am

One of the first glands to suffer as we age (past puberty) is the thymus gland.

If goes through a process called thymic involution (shrinkage of the thymus gland). This occurs even faster when exposed to environmental estrogens or if we are low on zinc.

As Xenon pointed out, in part the thymus regulates body temperature (also hypothalamus and spleen).

One of the ways to keep body temperature from rising is to optimize the immune function. Trace minerals, both macro and micro are essential for keeping the immune system at the highest level.

For example, viral replication is difficult when there is adequate selenium (not much exists in soil these days).

Also, there are loads of studies in the medical literature about thymic involution and hair loss. I've posted these for a period of 10 years. The secret to getting back a full functioning thymus gland? Zinc and Bovine colostrum.

Also, minerals like iodine reduce pathogens that may influence heat.

If the body is inflammed, it will do whatever is necessary to deal with them. Increasing body heat is one. During a fever for example, histamines or vasodilation occurs to transport fluids or nutrients to tissues, this also creates problems for hair.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:42 am

CS what do you mean by problems for hair? Which kind of problem, is it hair miniaturization or telogen efflivium?

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:57 am

Brabus wrote:CS what do you mean by problems for hair? Which kind of problem, is it hair miniaturization or telogen efflivium?

Increasing heat due to either an allergic sensitivity or poor regulation of heat or poor immune function will affect hair loss of all types, AGA, alopecia areata, TE, AU

As mentioned above about the minerals. Let's say there's a zinc deficiency, this increases allergic sensitivity, which drives/elevates heat.

Selenium and iodine deficiency can drive a poor immune response, forcing the body to elevate its temperature to fight off pathogens and/or inhibition viral replication (which in of itself produces heat).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down