Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Questions Regarding Thyroid Health EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Questions Regarding Thyroid Health EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Questions Regarding Thyroid Health EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Questions Regarding Thyroid Health EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Questions Regarding Thyroid Health EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Questions Regarding Thyroid Health EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Questions Regarding Thyroid Health EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Questions Regarding Thyroid Health EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Questions Regarding Thyroid Health EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Questions Regarding Thyroid Health

2 posters

Go down

Questions Regarding Thyroid Health Empty Questions Regarding Thyroid Health

Post  cantstopwontstop Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to the Immortal Hair forums, this summer I noticed my hair was thinner and just not generally as healthy as before. A bald spot also appeared on my left temple and it's getting to where I can see my scalp through my hair (my hair is thin regardless so that's not helping).

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of research and trying to nail down exactly what's going on with me and how I can fix it. I know I had thyroid issues, as I my hands / feet and to a certain extent my entire body was cold a lot of the time. I also had / have really bad digestive issues and I have to be selective with what I eat. I trace almost all of these problems back to when I took antibiotics for 2 years for acne, after I weaned off of them I got sick and my hands got cold, and it's been a problem ever since.

Lately though I've been supplementing with iodine / selenium and have cleaned up my diet considerably. I also began taking 10 mg Celexa (antidepressant) for high blood pressure / anxiety, and it's worked wonders for my mood and blood pressure. So I think I'm starting to get things under control.

My question is regarding some other problems I'm having. I notice the hair on the edges of my eyebrows is pretty thin, so I may still be having thyroid problems or maybe it just takes some time to grow back. Also, I have dry patches on my nose, under my eyes and in between my eyebrows. These have gotten better but they are still there. Does this signify anything? Should I continue to supplement my thyroid or is it something else?

I know I was just kind of rambling in this post, but thanks for any help.

cantstopwontstop

Back to top Go down

Questions Regarding Thyroid Health Empty Re: Questions Regarding Thyroid Health

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:30 pm

The SSRI will act to suppress the thyroid, would suggest looking into alternatives (see the Robin Williams thread, just posted some of those on there.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down