Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
My mothers heart EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
My mothers heart EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
My mothers heart EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
My mothers heart EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
My mothers heart EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
My mothers heart EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
My mothers heart EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
My mothers heart EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
My mothers heart EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My mothers heart

+3
whodathunkit
Abyad
hiilikeyourbeard
7 posters

Go down

My mothers heart Empty My mothers heart

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:07 pm

My mother is currently taking the medicine "Inderal (Propranolol)" for a racing heart I believe. She's been on this medicine for a long long time and can't seem to cut down the dosage without her heart skipping beats again. I'm just asking for advice as she's been having panic attacks too and was talking about going to the DR so I thought I might ask you guys what you think would be a good alternative. Thanks brothers.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

My mothers heart Empty Re: My mothers heart

Post  Abyad Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Magnesium and potassium.

Abyad

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:21 am

Abyad wrote:Magnesium and potassium.

Thanks man. I wish I knew more about the heart.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Giving potassium to someone with an erratic heartbeat without knowing why it's beating erratically is NOT a good idea. It could be very harmful if the medication is causing her to store or hold onto potassium, for instance.

For that matter, giving any mineral to someone with erratic heartbeat, without knowing more about her medication and if/how it reacts with that mineral, is probably not a good idea. At least, please go with that idea until someone more knowledgeable chimes in.

beard, did you look up her medication online?

I know you're worried about your mom. I hope she gets better.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:33 pm

whodathunkit wrote:Giving potassium to someone with an erratic heartbeat without knowing why it's beating erratically is NOT a good idea.  It could be very harmful if the medication is causing her to store or hold onto potassium, for instance.

For that matter, giving any mineral to someone with erratic heartbeat, without knowing more about her medication and if/how it reacts with that mineral, is probably not a good idea.   At least, please go with that idea until someone more knowledgeable chimes in.

I know you're worried about your  mom.  I hope she gets better.

Thanks brother. She's going back to talk to her doctor and we'll go from there. Hopefully by the time she gets a suggestion back from her doctor I'll have an answer for her. She got her blood work done and it was okay. "Okay", right? These incompetent twats probably don't know what a good blood panel is.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickael Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:58 pm

I don't have a lot of knowledge on heart health but I know that heart cells are the most mitochondria dense cells (around 4000 per cells instead of a few hundreds). Mitochondria are converting carbs and fat to ATP, which is the power unit of every of the heart cells. Mitochondria health is vital to the heart. And I know that mitochondria dysfonction might lead to heart problems.

Those supplements will help to make sure that the energy production healthy in every cells: Ubiquinol, PQQ, Shilajit Fulvic acid, Acetyl-L-Carnitine and R-Alpha-Lipoic acid. Some supplement company will sell them together because they have a synergistic effect.

Mickael
Mickael

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:17 pm

whodathunkit wrote:Giving potassium to someone with an erratic heartbeat without knowing why it's beating erratically is NOT a good idea.  It could be very harmful if the medication is causing her to store or hold onto potassium, for instance.

For that matter, giving any mineral to someone with erratic heartbeat, without knowing more about her medication and if/how it reacts with that mineral, is probably not a good idea.   At least, please go with that idea until someone more knowledgeable chimes in.

I know you're worried about your  mom.  I hope she gets better.

I second whodathunkit here.

A drug such as propranolol is often used to treat a side-effect of hyperthyroidism, Negative inotropic (reduces the force of the heart contractions).

An inotropic activity of thyroid hormones is due to an increased number of Beta-adrenergic receptors. Would have to know if it's subclinical hyperthyroid condition.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Magnesium is nature's beta blocker. Your mom is not deficient in Propranolol, more likely in magnesium (I like time-release mag) and proficient doctors. Some liposomal CoQ10 or ubiquinol, vitamin C and a multi-B vitamin would also do her some good. Drug interactions and potential contraindications do limit some other extremely valid choices. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:35 am

Check Dr. Sinatra's website. If you search around you may find something pretty specific. He has recommended 4 supplements for a fib people who can't take meds--Optimized Carnitine, CQ10, Magnesium, and D Ribose. I have a fib though, and I'm not sure what your mom's situation is. I found that D Ribose gave me headaches.

I can't say I'm cured with because there is no cure for a fib, but I get along quite well without taking blood thinners and beta blockers. I think those 4 supplements are for general heart health and energy.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Mickael brings up a good point about supporting the mitochondria of the heart.  I've had really great results with L-Carnitine Fumarate lately which supports mitochondria.   From what I read it's given to people with congestive heart failure for that exact reason: it supports the mitochondria of heart muscles.

One thing about LCF is it can have a variety of side effects early on in dosing.  So some people should be wary with it.  When I first started with it I got anxiety and just general "speediness".  My heart didn't speed up but I felt speedy/jittery and wouldn't dare take it beyond about 1p in the afternoon or it would keep me up.  It was several months before I could tolerate more than 250mg/day.

Now I'm on 1000mg/day and loving it.  I think it's helped me tremendously.  My overall endurance and strenght have improved to an astonishing degree.  Yesterday I lifted weights for the first time in a long time, did squats at a weight that formerly would have made me sore to the point of not being able to bend my legs for two days if I attempted it without building up to it.  I tried this weight deliberately to see what would happen.

Today I'm barely sore at all.  Some soreness but a good kind, like I pushed my muscles in the right way, not ripped them to shreds by lifting more than I can handle and now my body can't clean up the waste by-products properly.  

I don't know if LCF is something you might want to research for your mom but just throwing it out there.   Research before trying, though, please, because it does have some sides when first starting out and they might be contraindicated in your mom's case.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down