Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them?

2 posters

Go down

Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? Empty Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them?

Post  teacup Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 am

What other sea plants might contain similar properties and hold the same benefits which Ecklonia Cava has?

I'm considering adding sea weeds and algea to my diet. but rather go with products from the eastern coast of the US than the Pacific ocean.

not an expert on plants or marine plants.. but here's a good start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecklonia

if you know more plz do share, like, do the other species in the same family hold similar properties? Also how best to eat these, is cooking damaging to them is it better to dry and powder them or cook in soups?

thanks
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? Empty Re: Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them?

Post  teacup Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:41 am

"Eckol is a phlorotannin isolated from brown algae in the family Lessoniaceae such as species in the genus Ecklonia[1] such as E. cava[2] or E. kurome[3] or in the genus Eisenia such as Eisenia bicyclis.[4]

The molecule possesses a dibenzo-p-dioxin skeleton and a phloroglucinol component. The molecule can also be viewed as a phloroglucinol trimer.[5]

It exhibits an anti-plasmin inhibitory effect[3] and a radioprotective effect in mice.[1][6] It also exhibits a cytoprotective effect against oxidative stress in Chinese hamster lung fibroblasts.[2] It also shows antithrombotic and profibrinolytic activities.[4]" from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckol

I'd venture to guess that other brown algae might have similar properties to the EC variety, not just from the Pacific but Kelp plants found in other areas as well.

I will research more and share what i find meanwhile share what you know plz

thoughts? experiences? quotes on kelp being antioxidant or pro-hair?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them? Empty Re: Ecklonia Cava Alternatives algeas, other sea algea with similar properties? how to cook and eat them?

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:41 am

teacup - I always avoid Wikipedia (I'm sorry to say, they are on the wrong side of the fence about health).

In any event, here is a short summary of what this plant is:

http://hairevo.com/shop/view-all-products/22-pure-ecklonia-cava-1-bottle.html

Also, there are no real alternatives....

Why? Mainly because the vast majority of plant antioxidants have a half-life of 30 minutes. ECE is about 12 to 14 hours.
Adding to that, it's 40% fat soluble, which means it's both water and fat soluble. That means the impact on tissues is
greater and lasting. Also the biological activity is extremely diverse.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 am

I was hoping similar species of brown algae might have similar antioxidants with the same properties, maybe yet not discovered yet but maybe known in folklore or traditional knowledge, that might be more affordable , also so i'm not just relying on 1 source for something as important as the benefits of EC Smile
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down