Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Excited over progress EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Excited over progress EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Excited over progress EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Excited over progress EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Excited over progress EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Excited over progress EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Excited over progress EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Excited over progress EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Excited over progress EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Excited over progress

+3
RisingFist
ratbag
SonofOdin
7 posters

Go down

Excited over progress Empty Excited over progress

Post  SonofOdin Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:56 am

So as some of you may know from my other thread I vented a little about my Christmas with the family and my uncle pointing out my recession. This prompted me to get real serious with changing this around and I set out with the goal to maintain what I have, but after my hairline began to grow an inch further from where it once was I'm going to make 2014 my year to move down a NW. These hairs are not full length especially as it gets further from the rest of my hairs.

No, this did not happen in a week after Christmas I've been steadily growing for the past 2 months but this last week has truly been when I put things into high gear.

I get a 15 minute break every two hours at where I work, and instead of sitting in the break room with my coworkers I head to the bathroom with a bottle of Emu Oil and apply a light film on my hairline and do this 3-4 times a day. I also religiously apply my minoxidil to hairline and top of head. On top of this, I use keto 1% and spend 5 min massaging it into my scalp before washing.

Lifestyle changes I've made that I am doing for health and performance related purposes that I didn't start doing with the intention of growing my hair back are as follows:

I dropped my preworkout in exchange for green tea and drink 4-8 cups of it a day for the caffeine boost and health. I've started doing cardio for 30 min on top of my usual weight training. I have also gone on no fap and focus on more sleep.

My supplementation is 7,000 IU Vitamin D3, 1000mg Krill Oil, Vitamin K2, Creatine Monohydrate, and Astaxanthin

Cliffs:
- Minox
- Keto 1%
- Emu Oil

Might be helping?
- Green Tea
- No Fap
- Supps
- More Sleep

Please no flaming I'm a noob to hair restoration and I'm not making this thread to prove with science how what is happening, is happening nor do I have picture proof. I just wanted to share my ancedotal report that people more knowledgeable than I might want to look over to add to their research. If reports like this are not helpful I won't post stuff like this anymore but I hope it helps at least one person  Smile

EDIT: As far as my temples go I really think they might be doomed. I'm progressing everywhere except when it comes to that region I am struggling just to maintain. I'm going to continue research and try to save them though.

Also I almost forgot. Some of you take pomegranate extract. Well, I drink the actual juice on a daily basis as a post workout to restore glycogen. This is also something I don't do with the intention of growing hair but, who knows?
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Excited over progress Empty Re: Excited over progress

Post  ratbag Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:42 am

Sounds good :)to get better results have you thought about adding Oleyl oil to your minoxidil or trying out minoxidil sulphate instead and combining this with a 192 pin dermaroller?

Also temples are the hardest place to regrow hair mine have rounded over the last year with the use of minox, dutasteride and CB in oleyl/pg/eth vehicle. I am fast approaching NW2 from NW3 Smile

ratbag

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:33 pm

ratbag wrote:Sounds good :)to get better results have you thought about adding Oleyl oil to your minoxidil or trying out minoxidil sulphate instead and combining this with a 192 pin dermaroller?

Also temples are the hardest place to regrow hair mine have rounded over the last year with the use of minox, dutasteride and CB in oleyl/pg/eth vehicle. I am fast approaching NW2 from NW3 Smile

Dude that's awesome progress! No, I haven't heard of Oleyl oil, I'll have to look into that, and a derma rollers been on my mind for awhile I'm just a little wary. If I use the derma roller and minoxidil becomes more effective, so too must the side effects from the drug. As of now, I have no side effects from minox, or keto other than hair regrowth. I'll need to look into it further. I've only just begun researching this stuff and I feel overwhelmed but I'm pushing through and won't stop till I'm NW1 Smile
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:03 am

Wow I'm really pretty stunned. I woke up this morning and my hairline had receded to a very noticeable degree. I now wonder if the 'progress' I was witnessing were not new hairs, just the current hairs rapidly getting smaller before vanishing. If I had the money, I'd get on IH6 but 100$ or more a month would break me in the long run. This really gutted me. I was  so encouraged that I'd be able to reverse this curse. That after working out and keeping my hair that I'd finally be attractive to women I am attracted to. Life could be worse - I will simply remain celibate for life and transfer that energy to making money. Hair pieces have come a long  way and maybe some day I can afford to purchase a high quality one. This battle is simply not something I was equipped to face... I just don't have the funds. I'm still in disbelief till this day because I never thought this would be something I'd have to be concerned about. Good luck to you all.

Also I just can't see myself taking the dive and getting on propecia. It's far too risky and getting on minox was scary enough.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:06 am

maybe add dermarolling with 1.5mm

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:08 am

derma roller is cheap enough for me to give a try. I'll go for it.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:27 am

Don't forget the protocol everyone is trying. Dermaroll at most once a week with 1.5 mm. Go a little hard where you see some blood. Don't use minox till 24 hours after you dermarool otherwise you will absorb too much which will go to your system and may be dangerous. disinfect the roller before and after to avoid infection. I think after 10 rolls you may need to get a new one as the pins become dull. Some people have been getting great results after 3-4 months. Good luck

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:31 am

RisingFist wrote:Don't forget the protocol everyone is trying. Dermaroll at most once a week with 1.5 mm. Go a little hard where you see some blood. Don't use minox till 24 hours after you dermarool otherwise you will absorb too much which will go to your system and may be dangerous. disinfect the roller before and after to avoid infection. I think after 10 rolls you may need to get a new one as the pins become dull. Some people have been getting great results after 3-4 months. Good luck

Thanks, is what you posted above the full protocol? Also should I avoid using emu oil after derma rolling?
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:35 am

pretty much, you can do some searching around if you want more opinions. A lot of people started doing it in august and for some, it is the one thing that's been making a difference after trying other options. As for emu oil, some have suggested to wait a few days after dermarolling because it's anti-inflammatory and it's the acute inflammation that helps with growth factors during wounding.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:38 am

I kinda doubt your hairline is varying that much that quickly in either direction. I think it's probably mental

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Want some cheap alternatives? Check the Detumescence therapy thread on here, dermaroll, emu oil a few times a month, inversion therapy every once in a while after your scalp loosens up, avoid minox or any other prescriptions drugs.... Save your money, you don't need them. Just my 2c.. Hope this helps...
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:26 pm

SonofOdin wrote:Wow I'm really pretty stunned. I woke up this morning and my hairline had receded to a very noticeable degree. I now wonder if the 'progress' I was witnessing were not new hairs, just the current hairs rapidly getting smaller before vanishing. If I had the money, I'd get on IH6 but 100$ or more a month would break me in the long run. This really gutted me. I was  so encouraged that I'd be able to reverse this curse. That after working out and keeping my hair that I'd finally be attractive to women I am attracted to. Life could be worse - I will simply remain celibate for life and transfer that energy to making money. Hair pieces have come a long  way and maybe some day I can afford to purchase a high quality one. This battle is simply not something I was equipped to face... I just don't have the funds. I'm still in disbelief till this day because I never thought this would be something I'd have to be concerned about. Good luck to you all.

Also I just can't see myself taking the dive and getting on propecia. It's far too risky and getting on minox was scary enough.

Bro, I know it's hard for us guys to fathom this, but girls, even the hottest ones, don't make judgements the same way guys do. A very, very beautiful, sweet woman could be totally blind to your baldness if you saw yourself the right way. Trust me, confidence and a sense of humour are waaaaay more important to women.

In fact, you could have a problem with women bashing your door down, running after you, simply because you are relaxed, confident and don't take things too seriously. Most women have so many hangups as it is (yes, even the most pretty ones, weirdly enough), they really don't want to be with a guy who is the same way - they need to be reassured, and no guy can do this if he is all-consumed about how he looks.

Also, what if you saw hair loss as something that was good - a kind of signal that your body is giving you to tell you that it doesn't like something you're doing to it? It's not a curse, it's just your body trying to correct its natural balances.

Just my 2c from personal experience - use it / don't use it.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:41 pm

Complexx wrote:Want some cheap alternatives? Check the Detumescence therapy thread on here, dermaroll, emu oil a few times a month, inversion therapy every once in a while after your scalp loosens up, avoid minox or any other prescriptions drugs.... Save your money, you don't need them. Just my 2c.. Hope this helps...

Second this. Dive into the detumescence thread, dude. Free method showing good signs with a number of members.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Alright thanks for the encouragement guys and I literally just spent an hour or two going through the entire detumescence thread.

@hairy potter, I don't know maybe you're right it's just ever since I started taking care of myself, especially adding some muscle to my frame and styling my hair I've for once in my life not been invisible. And now to have this, just as I feel like I've reached a milestone, it's hard.

Anyway maybe this is all a shedding phase. I've only been on minox 2 months. There is a ring of tiny hairs where my old hairline used to be. I can no longer spike my hair up at the front because you can too easily see into my scalp. I don't even notice a shed just hairs seeming to get smaller and smaller until poof, they're gone. I'm now growing my hair out to medium length so that the hairline is no longer visible. Going to go for a messy Ian Somerhalder/Chace Crawford look.

Also, count me in on one of the people to do detumescence religiously. I hope one day I can post in that thread with some success.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 pm

SonofOdin wrote:Alright thanks for the encouragement guys and I literally just spent an hour or two going through the entire detumescence thread.

@hairy potter, I don't know maybe you're right it's just ever since I started taking care of myself, especially adding some muscle to my frame and styling my hair I've for once in my life not been invisible. And now to have this, just as I feel like I've reached a milestone, it's hard.

Anyway maybe this is all a shedding phase. I've only been on minox 2 months. There is a ring of tiny hairs where my old hairline used to be. I can no longer spike my hair up at the front because you can too easily see into my scalp. I don't even notice a shed just hairs seeming to get smaller and smaller until poof, they're gone. I'm now growing my hair out to medium length so that the hairline is no longer visible. Going to go for a messy Ian Somerhalder/Chace Crawford look.

Also, count me in on one of the people to do detumescence religiously. I hope one day I can post in that thread with some success.

Nice - welcome to the detumescence group :-)

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  ratbag Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:07 am

Hopefully it is the hairs falling out to make way for better stronger hairs. There are many things out there to help lots have had success with RU but sides could appear although not to well up on it. My hair got better with minox after around 6 months then o jumped on DUT and it just keeps getting better.

To anybody contemplating getting on finesteride I would say to use Dut instead as it raises testosterone. Limp dick seems less of an issue on dut and ive not seen a post dut syndrome thread however I may have just not come across one lol

ratbag

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:29 am

I woke up today and I can't even believe this is real life. My hair is getting its ass kicked. I sent a couple pics to my friend and he couldn't believe they were only two months apart. I'm going to let this topic die now as I made it with the intention of helping others, unaware that I still cannot even help myself. The ring of small hairs around my hairline was not regrowth at all, it was instead rapidly shriveling up into nothing. If I continue posting here it will be in the detumescence thread but I suspect I'll go back to lurking for now.

Two Months Ago

Current

I cannot go with as short of a cut and spike it in the front anymore because hairs further up on my scalp are the ones creating the bangs. The ones the bangs conceal are now miniaturized.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:26 pm

The two photos don't look that different to be honest. Haircuts make a lot of difference. But yeh, welcome to the hair loss train. This detumescence thing is looking alright. Be proactive and keep reading, all is not lost. Plenty of success stories spread accross the forum.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:56 am

Yea I can't really tell anything from those photos

Probably the best thing you can do is stop freaking out and relax a little bit. Stressing about it is no good.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down