Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Evaluation on my progress EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Evaluation on my progress EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Evaluation on my progress EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Evaluation on my progress EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Evaluation on my progress EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Evaluation on my progress EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Evaluation on my progress EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Evaluation on my progress EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Evaluation on my progress EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Evaluation on my progress

4 posters

Go down

Evaluation on my progress Empty Evaluation on my progress

Post  Growdamnit Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:42 pm

I am and have been a vegan for about 2 years now. I eat a lot of veggies and fruit, and avoid refined sugars and wheat as much as I possibly can. I supplement this protein powder–best I could find for vegans–(no, not selling anything):
http://www.plantfusion.net/products/plantfusion
(Nutritional information is at the bottom of the page)

I also supplement every day:

IH6
2 drops of IOSOL iodine
Vit D3
Probiotic
Vit B12

I have been hearing a lot of Vit C, Vit A, silica, and some others being absolutely crucial. I do not supplement anymore than what I have listed. Can I get the essentials from food anymore?

I have exercised 6 days out of the week, took cold showers, and have been watching my diet for the last 2 years. I have also been doing DT (the proper way) for the last 5 months or so.

My hairline is about a NW2.5. What could I be missing at this point?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Evaluation on my progress Empty Re: Evaluation on my progress

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:23 pm

avoid the isolated d3 supplement, it calcifies the arteries and depletes magnesium

take K2 instead, and get d3 from sunlight.
take selenium with iodine, or don't take it at all

looks like a random supplement regimen. b12 won't work by itself, needs a complex, especially with b9

see the immortalhair regimen , which i will grossly simplify here :

block mmp9 , mmp2 :

ecklonia cava
also the things mentioned in this pdf file, which will help with hair loss too
http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/pdf-files/cancerresearch.pdf

block tgfbeta 1 :

taurine

block NF-κB :

curcumin/resveratrol

declog and decalcify arteries with k2, silica and msm

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  stanis Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:26 pm

avoid the isolated d3 supplement, it calcifies the arteries and depletes magnesium

How do you know this? Hasn't a general consensus been reached that almost everyone can benefit from up to 5000 IU per day, and in some cases even 10,000? Toxicities in form of calcification are very severe and shouldn't be happening at doses of 5.000, especially if you are already deficient in it, which almost everyone is.

Also, people shouldn't just supplement from the blank, but should know about their background, specific blood work (not the one from ordinary hospitals), the one where they measure for detoxification and methylation markers, energy metabolism , etc. seems to be a good indicator of biological individuality and which areas should be covered more than other. For example someone could be taking K2, A, MSM, silica, etc, but achieveing nothing because of "silenced" enzymes in b-complex metabolism for example. So not a single supplement is as important as knowing what your metabolism needs and then adapting to those needs with a coherent supplementation plan. Appart from this, some specific supplements you listed seem powerful and you are right, isolated B12 supplement isn't really optimal.

But I don't think D3 is going to be as big of an issue as causing soft tissue calcification all of a sudden while you're mostly deficient in it. Still, balance is key.

stanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:07 pm

Doesn't the IH6 cover K2? Can anyone point me to selenium and silica supplementation? Vegans need B12, I mustn't get rid of it.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  stanis Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Doesn't the IH6 cover K2? Can anyone point me to selenium and silica supplementation? Vegans need B12, I mustn't get rid of it.

It does if you are taking decalcify I think. As far as B12 goes, not only vegans can have a problem with B12, you can be deficient whatever you eat, even meat every day. From the perspective, something like http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-B-Complex-12-60-Veggie-Caps/18126 (IH recommendation) would be much better and it also contains 10,000% B12, imo it's better than taking B12 alone, and also certain metabolisms need a delicate balance between the B's in order for say B12 to be optimally effective.

stanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:54 am

For what it's worth, my hair and nails are growing rapidly with this regimen.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenBook Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:16 pm

stanis wrote:
Also, people shouldn't just supplement from the blank, but should know about their background, specific blood work (not the one from ordinary hospitals), the one where they measure for detoxification and methylation markers, energy metabolism , etc. seems to be a good indicator of biological individuality and which areas should be covered more than other. For example someone could be taking K2, A, MSM, silica, etc, but achieveing nothing because of "silenced" enzymes in b-complex metabolism for example. So not a single supplement is as important as knowing what your metabolism needs and then adapting to those needs with a coherent supplementation plan. Appart from this, some specific supplements you listed seem powerful and you are right, isolated B12 supplement isn't really optimal.

Well said.

OpenBook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down