Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy

2 posters

Go down

Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy Empty Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Hey guys. I want to add this to my regimen but I want to get clear if what I'm doing is correct.

I hear everyone talking about "pinching". Is this essentially what detumescence is?

I am unable to really pinch my scalp unless I use both hands pushing up skin against itself. I am unable to do it with one hand like say, on my arm, where there is more skin.

So what I just did today was throughout my scalp, I did mini-scrunches using both hands on little areas all over. So just taking both hands and pushing towards each other with a little bit of skin in the middle. I went for about 10 minutes trying to include the entire scalp. Is this essentially detumescence therapy?

Thanks!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy Empty Re: Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:41 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Hey guys. I want to add this to my regimen but I want to get clear if what I'm doing is correct.

I hear everyone talking about "pinching". Is this essentially what detumescence is?

I am unable to really pinch my scalp unless I use both hands pushing up skin against itself. I am unable to do it with one hand like say, on my arm, where there is more skin.

So what I just did today was throughout my scalp,  I did mini-scrunches using both hands on little areas all over. So just taking both hands and pushing towards each other with a little bit of skin in the middle. I went for about 10 minutes trying to include the entire scalp. Is this essentially detumescence therapy?

Thanks!
Yes, that's essentially it Sizzling - as a few weeks pass you'll probably be able to pinch with just your thumb and index and middle finger of one hand, and then you can use both hands in a sort of alternating pinching motion. You've got to be quite forceful.

Try doing this in the shower when your scalp is wet to get an idea of how it'll feel - your scalp will feel way looser when wet.

Also, as far as I understand, it's like a pinching combined with a downward pressure, but you're essentially pushing down while you're pinching your scalp anyway, but I try to combine the downward pressure and pinching in one motion.

If you're doing it right, you should be able to look in the mirror afterwards and your scalp should look dark red. Try looking in the mirror and raising your eyebrows continually for like 10 seconds afterwards - your scalp should appear to be engorged with blood.

I guess seeing this properly will depend on how much hair you have, but if you have most of your hair, you should at least be able to see this around the hairline.

Hope this helps bro

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy Empty Re: Need some clarification from those doing the "detumescence" manual therapy

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:03 am

Thanks potter.

The one thing I'm still confused about is the "downward" motion after the pinching. Does this basically entail just pushing down on the skin after pinching the skin together?

Thanks!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks potter.

The one thing I'm still confused about is the "downward" motion after the pinching. Does this basically entail just pushing down on the skin after pinching the skin together?

Thanks!
Yes, I don't think you have to be too specific about exactly how you do it, just do it and see what feels good. They claim the pressing (or kneading, I think they call it) is to flatten the shape of the 'cone head', but to be honest, I don't put too much stock in the head shape theory, I believe it's more about renewing capillary networks in the scalp.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 am

Yeah, I dont know why but the whole pressing down thing is not clear to me.

The pinching I completely got, its straightforward, but when Im done with that movement, should I just be letting go of the pinch and then just pressing down onto the skull with the fingers? Because that is what Im doing and it just feels like a kind of pointless movement. The pinching makes sense, but just pressing down onto the skull afterwards, Im just hitting bone and there is no give. Just feels silly. Maybe if I was making it into one complete motion after pinching, kind of pressing down and to the side to stretch the skin a little, that would make a little more sense.

Thoughts? Thanks again.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down