Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification

4 posters

Go down

Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification Empty Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification

Post  ocelot911 Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Hey guys,

I got the IH top 6 with the shampoo any advice in consuming the pills.
Like i've read about shedding when taking curcumin.

Pretty just need some advice from fellow users. Smile

Dan

ocelot911

Back to top Go down

Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification Empty Re: Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification

Post  pancacke Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:26 pm

ocelot911 wrote:
This was mentioned a lot latly so here is what I think:
Curcumin directly targets inflammation, it helps a little with the underlying cause, but mostly it turns off the mechanism of inflammation.
Research shows curcumin acts as a scavenger of nitric oxide and inhibits COX-2, a pro-inflammatory substance. Also a potent scavenger of superoxide, the anti-inflammatory activity and superoxide scavenging property of curcumin are proven correlated. Clinically, curcumin has worked as well as cortisone or phenylbutazone for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and post-operative inflammation.
more http://curcumin-turmeric.net/inflammation.html

Now what is inflammation used for?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflammation#Causes
* Burns
* Chemical irritants
* Frostbite
* Toxins
* Infection by pathogens
* Physical injury, blunt or penetrating
* Immune reactions due to hypersensitivity
* Ionizing radiation
* Foreign bodies, including splinters, dirt and debris
* Trauma
Without inflammation these things are free to continue damaging your hair follicles....
But the inflammatory response is damaging by itself and chronic inflammation of the scalp will lead to hairloss.

To be continued....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification Empty Re: Got the IH top 6, Just need some clarification

Post  pancacke Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:44 pm

The best way to fight inflammation is fighting the causes(as in more than one!).
I'm using the causes as given by wikipedia, since they contain the most important ones.....

-burns, frostbites, physical injury and traum are selfexplanatory......just don't set your scalp on fire......
-chemical irritants. This is where natural shampoo and a clean lifestyle come into play. ALso there are so many detoxification pathways in your body that can be supported....
-Toxins. Toxins come in many different forms, your body creates them, pathogens inside your body create them and on and on.....fix up your liver, kidneys etc. and chelate those metals!
-Pathogens. IMO the main cause of hairloss.....read this https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t4309-jdp701-i-own-a-rife-machine-doug-coil-can-i-treat-hair-loss#39951
-"Immune reactions due to hypersensitivity".....sensitivities are mostly caused by metals, but until they are out eliminate what you're sensitive to
-Ionizing radiation. Boron sucks up radiation......info on oxidation, free radicals etc. is found everywhere on this forum

I wrote this in one take, so forgive me the low quality and bad look.....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:20 am

pancacke wrote:
ocelot911 wrote:
This was mentioned a lot latly so here is what I think:
Curcumin directly targets inflammation, it helps a little with the underlying cause, but mostly it turns off the mechanism of inflammation.
Research shows curcumin acts as a scavenger of nitric oxide and inhibits COX-2, a pro-inflammatory substance. Also a potent scavenger of superoxide, the anti-inflammatory activity and superoxide scavenging property of curcumin are proven correlated. Clinically, curcumin has worked as well as cortisone or phenylbutazone for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and post-operative inflammation.
more http://curcumin-turmeric.net/inflammation.html

Now what is inflammation used for?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflammation#Causes
* Burns
* Chemical irritants
* Frostbite
* Toxins
* Infection by pathogens
* Physical injury, blunt or penetrating
* Immune reactions due to hypersensitivity
* Ionizing radiation
* Foreign bodies, including splinters, dirt and debris
* Trauma
Without inflammation these things are free to continue damaging your hair follicles....
But the inflammatory response is damaging by itself and chronic inflammation of the scalp will lead to hairloss.

To be continued....

Good job breaking everything down.

I'm curious, In the above quote it says that curcumin is a scavenger of nitric oxide. Is that a bad thing concerning sexual performance/health?
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:33 am

NO is critical for achiving errections, but I didn't notice weaker errections with curcumin. Raising NO is also something you should be careful with....CS only uses Acetyl-l-carnitine with ALA to be safe......

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 am

Thanks pancake.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:53 am

Nitric oxide has a good and a bad side to it. NO's byproduct is peroxynitrite and is the negative side of it. Curcumin attenuates peroxynitrite.

Regarding the shedding theory of curcumin seems uncertain. Many have no have such experience and I have probably heard of just about everything imaginable being blamed for a shed. There was a type of curcumin that was a bit strong and that seemed to get the belief started on shedding idea.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down