Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc)

3 posters

Go down

Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) Empty Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc)

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:06 am

Hey everyone.

So as part of my manual scalp therapy I grip my scalp and move it quickly back and forth for 10 min 2xday. The effect is a light and rapid scrunch and scretch of my scalp and forehead.

My concern is: would this cause exagerated forehead wrinkles? (Keep in mind Its not holding a scrunch, just a quick scrunch and release)

Thanks in advance for any insight!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) Empty Re: Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc)

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:44 am

These little things tend to pop in my head and really get to me for some reason. If anyone had thoughts, would greatly appreciate it!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc) Empty Re: Got a question that's really bothering me, please help! (Related to manual scalp therapy,For those knowledgable on skin care etc)

Post  NDW Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:14 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:These little things tend to pop in my head and really get to me for some reason. If anyone had thoughts, would greatly appreciate it!

No it wouldn't. The women with the best skin rub their faces with lotions and potions multiple times a day.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:03 am

It's that full 10 minute period of scrunch/stretch that had illicited my concern. The women who are rubbing lotion into their skin probably not doing it for more than 2 minute at a time.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:18 pm

If your hypothesis is true that would mean that it's the lotions and such that are giving women such youthful skin. It's actually the constant stimulation that is responsible, with the ingredients being a smaller factor.

The idea that stimulation would cause an ill effect violates some well established Eastern energy principles.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:58 am

Thanks for your input NDW. I will consider this.

Still very curious if anyone else has thoughts on this? Issues like this really seem to bother and get to me a lot Sad Its that idea of trying to do something good for the body but possibly doing something bad at the same time that really makes me uneasy.

Thanks in advance!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:59 am

You will probably get a lot more responses on some sort of women's beauty forum. And on a side note, worrying about your hair is enough, the last thing a guy needs is to worry about wrinkles. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:09 am

I agree. I have posted the question on another skin care forum. Awaiting a response. The reason I posted this here is because I know a lot of people here do DT.

I also agree that the last thing we need to worry about is wrinkles, and I'm not usually concerned about them. The concern arises when I could be doing something specifically to bring them on faster.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Sanderson, could I have your rationale behind this? Like I said, I don't ever hold a scrunch. It's just like a rapid pulsing effect.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Yes I undertand what you're saying. But the stretch/scrunch is held for literally less then a second. I was under the impression, that in general, wrinkles form from a prolonged hold like smile lines and raising the eyebrows. This on the other hand is just a rapid pulsing..

You can see what I'm talking about if you like for reference by
just going in front of the mirror, Palm gripping your scalp, and jerking it back and forth quickly. Just watch your forehead and you'll see specifically what I'm talking about.

Getting a visual I think would be a better reference point.

Thanks for your input so far

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Or is it possible as NDW was saying that the stimulation could actually bring the skin to a tighter through movement and blood flow? Isn't this a common theme among those things like pulse massagers etc? Or even manual face massage to get rid of wrinkles? When I typed my question into google all that came back was article and article talking about facial massage to *improve* wrinkles

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:37 pm

So you're saying that people that do the DT therapy, as they work to make their scalps more pliable and not as tight through pinching And stretching, they would end up with more skin on their foreheads, and then possibly a reshaping of their facial features like eyebrows? Although I understand the theory behind what you're saying, it does seem a bit extreme, but what do I know. Can't overly tight skin be loosened without actual skin redistribution? I've just never heard of that before. It always seemed just a simple fix to a simple problem without having hardcore consequences like that...

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:07 pm

You could also do the exercises in a way that does not srunch the skin on your forehead.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:18 pm

NDW wrote:You could also do the exercises in a way that does not srunch the skin on your forehead.

Well I should've been more specific. I actually use a brush, press down the bristles to make sure they are planted and move the skin back and forth for 20 seconds on all areas of my scalp. This process takes about 10 min. This back and forth motion is crucial to the massage. This back and forth motion causes the slight scrunching/relaxing of my forehead. If you take away the back and forth motion, that's taking away the benefits of the massage.

NDW, do you still maintain your opinion that this wouldn't cause any wrinkles/adverse effects on the forehead?

Thanks again !

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:47 pm

I cannot say with 100% certainty that scrunching will not exacerbate wrinkles. Tom Hagerty may be able to answer this: http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/
Also I do believe a circular motion is allowed in the DT. Hold scalp with one hand, go in small circles with the other.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:15 am

Have you asked Tom Hagerty mate? He would probably know, can you let me know the answer?

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down