Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» China is at it again
Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! EmptyToday at 10:05 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! EmptyToday at 1:40 am by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! EmptyYesterday at 10:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! EmptySat May 04, 2024 6:56 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! EmptyThu May 02, 2024 11:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 am by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 3:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 10:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!!

+3
rofl
sizzlinghairs
7 posters

Go down

Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! Empty Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!!

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Hey guys. So my bowel movements have been usually yellowish, sometimes greenish, but never a normal brown color for the past 4 years. It happened after a 3 year period of heavy drinking. Im mostly sober now and eat pretty healthy (organic, lots of veggies, etc)

Ive seen 2 gastro doctors and after my ultra sound coming back normal and no essential vitamins found in my stool sample (some fat was found though, but doctor said it was minor and could be transient), they both told me "oh, its within normal limits to have your stools a different color, its just the bile, blah blah blah". I know this is BS and my GI is NOT in a state of health. Stool color doesnt just change for no reason. Especially after 3 years of heavy drinking.

Anyways, Ive tried HCL acid, probiotics, digestive enzymes, BUT I CANT SEEM TO GET BACK MY NORMAL BROWN COLOR.

Suggestions MASSIVELY appreciated!!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! Empty Re: Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!!

Post  4039 Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 pm

I would try colostrum (any lipid/lecithin coated product.) Also a silica gel over the affected area or organic silica consumption. Silicon sheets are the number one method for healing burns in hospitals for good reason.

Back to top Go down

Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!! Empty Re: Need help from those who have knowledge of repairing gastrointestinal health!!

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks for your feedback. Could you explain your rationale in how that would play into my specific problem? Just want to be able to understand more.

Thanks!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:19 am

if u havent already, check for gall stones (ultrasound) youll have to get ur doc on board. check liver function, and bilirubin levels.

u seem to have less bile pigments than u should making it into stool. u need to look for an obstruction in bile duct.

if liver function is normal, and bilirubin is normal, and no gall stones, then i would say ur fine, and its just natural variation. (liver disease should be easy to pick up by pathology)
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:24 am

If the stool is lighter, like a yellow/orange it really is because of fat in the stool. You could try bile salts with your meals to see if it helps.

But yes, the gallbladder suggestion might be pertinent. And gallbladder issues could be a downstream effect from liver.

I have always found my stools change in this same fashion when I eat a great deal of foods I'm sensitive to: wheat, dairy, and also if I'm taking in too many simple sugars (soda).
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:55 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks for your feedback. Could you explain your rationale in how that would play into my specific problem? Just want to be able to understand more.

Thanks!
Both are number one for healing the gastrointestinal tract as a long term fix. For gallbladder/liver, to keep the bile flowing, try lecithin, glycine, taurine, bile acids and/or milk thistle/chanca piedra.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:35 am

Hey 4039,  can you show some specific product you are using for silica? I wonder which form is considered better for absorbtion.

Since i like horsetail tee, am wondering about taking this product:
http://www.iherb.com/World-Organic-Super-Silica-90-Tablets/6839#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=silica&rc=4666&sr=null&ic=1

@sizzinghairs, for bile flow would try to eat some bitter foods like dandelion (root tea, salad, raw root), artichocke, and radish greens. They are not oxalate free foods, however. As 4039 said, would try to help the bile and pancreas by emptying a bottle of chanca piedra drops. You get also other benefits, even there is no oxalate - stone formation there. Bile salts have a good way of balancing genetics and some of pathogenic issues. Would also focus also on increasing stomach acid and manually correct hiatal hernia, if present.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3653699/

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciate it. So many different suggestions, kinda of confused! lol.

So I think I should try and find a new GI doctor. Although my last guy was rather thorough, but not thorough enough I dont think. He did colonoscopy/endoscopy on me (only found minor GERD) and did a fatty stool test which included testing for fat soluble vitamins. There was some fat found, but no excretion of fat soluble vitamins which made my Dr. not worry about it. Thought the fat in the stool was therefore benign and transient. Oh and I ALSO had an ultrasound done, came back normal, negative. An obstruction would of shown up there correct?

To to try and sum this up:

1) I should get a liver function test, bilirubin levels, and check again for obstruction in the bile duct.

2) Try bile salts with my meal to see if they help (any bile salt brand recommendations??)

3)Try additional supplements such as silica, horsetail, chanca piedra to help with bile flow.

Am I on the right track?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Beebrox wrote:Hey 4039,  can you show some specific product you are using for silica? I wonder which form is considered better for absorbtion.
I use monomethylsilanetriol at 1-2 drops daily. Each drop contains 2.5mg. Each bottle contains 2.5 grams and should last more than a year.

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/organic-silicon-p-126.asp?prod=126
http://www.glycan-shop.com/en/silicium-liquide/85-l-original-silicium-organique-g5-concentre-50ml-6600000172505.html

As for bioavailability of various silicon containing foods and supplements, the below study found the highest (based on urinary silicon excretion) to be monomethylsilanetriol/alcohol-free beer at 64%, green beans at 44%, orthosilicic acid at 43%, Biosil and Jarrosil at 17%, bananas at 4%.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2744664/

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:54 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:
Try bile salts with my meal to see if they help (any bile salt brand recommendations??)
I like these two bile acid brands....

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Bile-Acid-Factors-90-Capsules/172#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=bile&rc=197&sr=null&ic=1
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-liquid-liver-extract-bile-salts-60-sgels

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks for those brand links. I'm actually a pretty strict vegetarian and was wondering if there are any bile salts (that are worth their salt lol) that aren't bovine based? If not I'm ok if it is only
Option

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:04 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks for those brand links. I'm actually a pretty strict vegetarian and was wondering if there are any bile salts (that are worth their salt lol) that aren't bovine based? If not I'm ok if it is only
Option
not sure if they have that
would HCL do the same? after all that can be sourced vegetarian

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  strider7086 Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Fresh fruits (in season - pomegranates, pears etc). Very very nourishing for your gut and helps the liver clear out bile

lots of olive oil - (perfect balance of omega 3 and 6) in your cooking or by itself

Raw dairy (goat or even better camel) - this has made the most difference for me.

Parsley leaves (occasional thyme)..very helpful in clearing out bile

combine all these ..and you have the perfect combo for gut health

strider7086

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:13 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks for those brand links. I'm actually a pretty strict vegetarian and was wondering if there are any bile salts (that are worth their salt lol) that aren't bovine based? If not I'm ok if it is only
Option
You could try bitter herbs, tons to choose from.... but it won't be the same. Make sure to supplement with taurine and glycine, as they are the main constituents of bile.

Although chinese bitters are pretty good to get bile flowing.
http://www.sensiblehealth.com/Products-Tinctures.xhtml¤cy=us

BTW, especially the harvesting of bear bile can be extremely cruel in some countries.

Bears kept in tiny cages by Chinese for their bile 'commit suicide' with hunger strikes to escape barbaric torture
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2095904/Bears-held-harvest-bile-going-hunger-strikes-way-escape-captivity.html#ixzz2lWsNFoKz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down