Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» China is at it again
Repairing sun damaged skin? EmptyToday at 2:05 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Repairing sun damaged skin? EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Repairing sun damaged skin? EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Repairing sun damaged skin? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Repairing sun damaged skin? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Repairing sun damaged skin? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Repairing sun damaged skin? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Repairing sun damaged skin? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Repairing sun damaged skin? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Repairing sun damaged skin?

+2
oblomov
j87x
6 posters

Go down

Repairing sun damaged skin? Empty Repairing sun damaged skin?

Post  j87x Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:00 pm

What are the best ways to help repair skin that has been sun damaged?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Repairing sun damaged skin? Empty Re: Repairing sun damaged skin?

Post  oblomov Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:51 pm

j87x wrote:What are the best ways to help repair skin that has been sun damaged?

Green Tea:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16029678

Cocoa
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/6/1565.short

Ch-stabilized Orthosilicic Acid (Biosil or Jarrowsil)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16205932

Lutein and Zeaxanthin
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17446716

oblomov

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 am

and what's the best (topical/internal) to smooth tiny acne scars/skin imperfections?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  oblomov Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:20 am

FireFist wrote:and what's the best (topical/internal) to smooth tiny acne scars/skin imperfections?

Centrophenoxine internally is my first choice, by a mile. Not only does it remove lipofuscin from the skin, it also removes it from the brain, heart, lungs, and other internal organs. I had a lentigo patch on my leg for about 7 years, and it disappeared after three weeks on Centrophenoxine.

One caution: I would suggest not overusing it or other cholinergics. Too much choline can cause involuntary muscle contractions of weak, little used muscles. That is, too much choline may cause scalp tightening, which can exacerbate hair loss. Use centrophenoxine in moderation!

My second choice is hyaluronic acid (HA), both internally and topically. As both an internal and topical, it brightens and smooths my skin immediately, and noticeable. I especially like the NSI capsules that contain collagen with HA. HA is especially good as a topical for burns, applied immediately after the burn has been cleaned, and applied twice daily until the scar is gone. It cuts the healing time in half in my case.

My third choice is Idebenone internally. In my younger days, I didn't eat well, and formed some keloid scars from surgeries and other injuries. Idebenone has reduced the keloids down to nothing. Idebenone is a superior, synthetic form of CoQ10. CoQ10 has the nasty property of becoming a pro-oxidant in hypoxic conditions (which one might have in case of stress, exercise, or chronically in certain parts of the body), but the idebenone form does not. Idebenone is also a nootropic agent, and is used for Alzheimer's patients in many countries.

Be careful with silicon supplements, such as Biosil. Speaking for myself only, Biosil seems to aggravate my dormant rosacea.

oblomov

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:05 am

Wow... thanks for such magnificent information oblomov!
What's Centrophenoxine? how many mg's to use?

I currently take biosil, and see no side effects and i think it helps my joints too.
Same for HA, which i started a week ago!
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:09 am

oblomov wrote:
FireFist wrote:and what's the best (topical/internal) to smooth tiny acne scars/skin imperfections?

Centrophenoxine internally is my first choice, by a mile. Not only does it remove lipofuscin from the skin, it also removes it from the brain, heart, lungs, and other internal organs. I had a lentigo patch on my leg for about 7 years, and it disappeared after three weeks on Centrophenoxine.

One caution: I would suggest not overusing it or other cholinergics. Too much choline can cause involuntary muscle contractions of weak, little used muscles. That is, too much choline may cause scalp tightening, which can exacerbate hair loss. Use centrophenoxine in moderation!

My second choice is hyaluronic acid (HA), both internally and topically. As both an internal and topical, it brightens and smooths my skin immediately, and noticeable. I especially like the NSI capsules that contain collagen with HA. HA is especially good as a topical for burns, applied immediately after the burn has been cleaned, and applied twice daily until the scar is gone. It cuts the healing time in half in my case.

My third choice is Idebenone internally. In my younger days, I didn't eat well, and formed some keloid scars from surgeries and other injuries. Idebenone has reduced the keloids down to nothing. Idebenone is a superior, synthetic form of CoQ10. CoQ10 has the nasty property of becoming a pro-oxidant in hypoxic conditions (which one might have in case of stress, exercise, or chronically in certain parts of the body), but the idebenone form does not. Idebenone is also a nootropic agent, and is used for Alzheimer's patients in many countries.

Be careful with silicon supplements, such as Biosil. Speaking for myself only, Biosil seems to aggravate my dormant rosacea.

Very, very interesting info, especially about the Idebenone.

Currently, I take Ubiquinol, but I may try out Idebenone.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  oblomov Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:08 pm

FireFist wrote:Wow... thanks for such magnificent information oblomov!

I currently take biosil, and see no side effects and i think it helps my joints too.

Centrophenoxine (also known as Meclophenoxate and Lucidril) is a synthetic variant of DMAE (which is used in many skin supplements). It was first developed in the 1960s, and there is a lot of research on it:
http://www.lef.org/prod_hp/abstracts/centrophenoxineabs.html

I would suggest starting out at no more than 250mg a day, and stepping up from there if you tolerate it well.

Here is the brand I use:
http://supplements.relentlessimprovement.com/centrophenoxine-p169.aspx

oblomov

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 pm

oblomov wrote:
FireFist wrote:Wow... thanks for such magnificent information oblomov!

Centrophenoxine (also known as Meclophenoxate and Lucidril) is a synthetic variant of DMAE (which is used in many skin supplements). It was first developed in the 1960s, and there is a lot of research on it:

I would suggest starting out at no more than 250mg a day, and stepping up from there if you tolerate it well.

Here is the brand I use:
http://supplements.relentlessimprovement.com/centrophenoxine-p169.aspx

Oblomov- What results in skin did you notice personally other than the hyperpigmentation disappearing? Is it a permanent thing or need to be taken continuously? How about increased collagen? I'm mainly wondering how dramatic a result you have had in the face. I've got a small hyper-pigmented spot from a scrape I had by my eye that I'd like to get rid of, and I'd like to thicken the skin under my eyes because a couple veins are visible now. I'm using vitaminc/HA serum on my face now and copper peptides around my eyes.

Thanks

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  oblomov Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Oblomov- What results in skin did you notice personally other than the hyperpigmentation disappearing? Is it a permanent thing or need to be taken continuously? How about increased collagen? I'm mainly wondering how dramatic a result you have had in the face. I've got a small hyper-pigmented spot from a scrape I had by my eye that I'd like to get rid of, and I'd like to thicken the skin under my eyes because a couple veins are visible now. I'm using vitaminc/HA serum on my face now and copper peptides around my eyes.

Thanks

The most dramatic effect of centrophenoxine (besides reduction in pigmented spots) is an increase in skin firmness and elasticity, which I would expect to be due to centro increasing collagen formation.

I cycle centro (1 month on, 1 month off). The effect of increasing skin firmness/elasticity seems to fade over time when I'm not taking centro. However, the pigmented spots erased by centro have stayed away for good.

oblomov

Back to top Go down

Post  AboDi Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 pm

very interesting info .. thanks !

i have some bad acne scars with pigmentation , this might be a good solution

AboDi

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:21 am

oblomov wrote:

Thanks

The most dramatic effect of centrophenoxine (besides reduction in pigmented spots) is an increase in skin firmness and elasticity, which I would expect to be due to centro increasing collagen formation.

I cycle centro (1 month on, 1 month off). The effect of increasing skin firmness/elasticity seems to fade over time when I'm not taking centro. However, the pigmented spots erased by centro have stayed away for good.

Good to know, I'll keep this stuff in mind. Have you experienced any side effects?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  oblomov Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:52 am

Paradox wrote:
Good to know, I'll keep this stuff in mind. Have you experienced any side effects?

Since I first started taking it as a nootropic, the removal of pigmented spots was a (positive) side effect.

Too much centro can make me feel overstimulated and slightly manic - as if I drank too much coffee. I can't handle any more than 250mg per day. At that level, it produces a very focused, productive cognitive state, not unlike modanifil.

Also, I would suggest not taking it along with too many other cholinergic supplements.

oblomov

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:51 am

oblo, is centro basically "healthy"?
Are you suggesting to take 250mg and take it from there? empty/full stomach?
can it really even out skin imperfections and make pigmentation from the sun go away?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  oblomov Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:35 am

FireFist wrote:oblo, is centro basically "healthy"?
Are you suggesting to take 250mg and take it from there? empty/full stomach?
can it really even out skin imperfections and make pigmentation from the sun go away?

Centrophenoxine is fat soluble, so it is best taken on a full stomach, or with a healthy fat (fish oil, walnut oil, etc).

I'm not a doctor, so this is my view only based on my research and personal experience:

I can't say what dosage is right for you, but I have seen posts on nootropic discussion sites that describe taking 2-4 g of centro a day. I couldn't handle that much. It is cholinergic (causes the liver to secrete choline), which can have a very positive effect on cognition in the short-term. But too much (over 500mg) can make me a bit manic. I have a slight predisposition for depression and ADHD/PI, which I have learned to manage through good diet, exercise, and supplementation. Centrophenoxine is one of my favorite tools in my toolbox. It has a positive, immediate effect on mood,a nd it helps me focus and get things done when I am feeling unmotivated.

That said, I think that it might be inadvisable for someone with a predisposition for mania, psychosis, or delusional thinking to take it. It will elevate mood in such a person as well, perhaps dangerously. You should think about whether you fit within this category, or whether there is a history of these disorders in your family. Centro is a stimulant (though definitely less powerful than amphetamines), and should be treated as a dose-dependent drug rather than a benign supplement. But, I would give this same advice on almost any supplement.

As with any supplement that can have an effect on cognition, you should do careful self-analysis when taking it. There is an indistinct line between the confident assertion, "my ideas are good, and they are worthy of consideration by you (the audience)", and the manic delusion, "my ideas are perfect and irrefutable, and anyone challenging them is a moron." You should monitor your own train of thought, and adjust the dosage appropriately, before bad thoughts translate into bad behavior.

And yes, it definitely increases skin firmness and removes the pigmented spots from skin. But this is a more gradual effect, measured in weeks or months rather than hours or days. There are other supplements that have this effect as well (e.g., ALCAR, which is part of the IH regimen, and racetam drugs like Piracetam, Oxiracetam, etc., which are frequently taken as nootropic agents), but centrophenoxine has the strongest effect in this regard, IMO.

The same substance that forms liver/age spots on skin (lipofuscin), forms similar spots on other tissues, particularly the lungs, heart, and brain. According to the membrane hypothesis of aging, the presence of lipofuscin inhibits the removal of toxins from the body, reducing the body's ability to respond to stress or disease. The removal of lipofuscin from these tissues, particularly the brain, may have the benefit of increased longetivity and protection against neurodegenerative disease.

There is a LOT of research on centrophenoxine:

oblomov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down