Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Sebum and hairloss EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Sebum and hairloss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Sebum and hairloss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Sebum and hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Sebum and hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Sebum and hairloss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Sebum and hairloss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Sebum and hairloss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Sebum and hairloss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Sebum and hairloss

3 posters

Go down

Sebum and hairloss Empty Sebum and hairloss

Post  Maup Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:49 am

Hi i'm 29 years old and have a lot of sebum on my face and scalp. I think this contributes a lot to my hairloss. If i dont wash my face with an anti-oily skin facewash twice a day and pop a few blackheads or tallow pimples, my face gets extremely greasy and a little bumpy.
Luckily i can control most of this with taking a lot of care of my skin. But it sucks having this still at my age. Its the same with my oily scalp i have a lot of dandruff, flakes and ofton its very itchy and a little reddish (but that could be from scratching).
I use nizoral 2% 2 or 3 times a week but its not enough. I now use a neutral shampoo on the days i dont use nizoral and it makes it a bit better. I read that its not good to wash your hair every day but in my case i think i have no choice.
Now i was wondering would it be a good idea to put some retin-a on my scalp?

I've started using the top 6 about 2 months ago but it hasn't helped my sebum much (think its to early to say if it helps my hairloss). I use some tea tree oil and yoyoba now and then, that feels good. I eat very healthy since a while and i lost 15kg in 3 months and im almost at my ideal weight now, i quit smoking weed and tobacco after a 15 year addiction, but i cant get rid of this damn sebum. Any ideas?
I am a NW2 diffuse with also hairloss on the sides of my head. My father also has little hair on the sides but he was already a NW4/5 horse shoe when he was my age. I cant shave my head because the shape of my skull is not nice and i dont have a good donor hair at the back for a good hairtransplant so i would like to keep the hair that i still have left.
I hate the idea of taking finasteride but i'll leave it open as a last resort but hopefully i wont have to.
I dont think i have as much hairloss as i used to, when i put oil or shampoo in my hair i have anything of between 2 to 15 hairs in my hand and it used to be like 50 hairs a few years ago. But when i look at pictures taken 10 years ago i lost like 75% of my hair i think, wich is depressing sometimes because i had a lot of hair.
Still would be satisfied if i could keep what i have left so any advice would be appreciated. Sorry for my English its not my first language.

Maup

Back to top Go down

Sebum and hairloss Empty Re: Sebum and hairloss

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:12 am

Coenzyme A Smile

From what I've heard, take CoA capsules twice a day and... that should be it! Result, eh? Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:13 am

Maup - Would suggest either Brewer's yeast, hopefully you're not on any antibiotics and if you are would suggest a good probiotic.

For robust protection, try the Lithium/DMSO shampoo.

http://www.immortalhair.org/topicals.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:27 am

Ok thanks for the reply i'll try those. I'm just a little worried for my liver since i already take 13 or so tablets a day, wouldn't it be too much taking even more?

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 am

This is my current regime:
Curcumin 95
Krill oil 1 cap
Lipoic acid 100mg
Acetyl L-carnitine 1 or 2 gram
Resveratrol 250mg
Biotine 1000ug
K2/D3
Ecklonia cava 400mg
ECGC extract
Couple gram of Spirulina
Magnesium 375mg
L-tyrosine

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:38 am

Oh and would it be good to put some retin-a on my scalp?

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:38 am

Well joke is, if you suspect that such a significant amount of this problem could be caused by sebum (which I don't know I mean, I think it is possible), then CoA should fix it. I mean, there may be other fixes, but CoA is naturally produced by the body and helps it to regulate oil production. So it won't lower it per se but it will help your body to MANAGE it's oil production better, which will lower it when needed and lift it when needed!

And yeah you do have to be careful about not putting too much through your liver. But umm, yeah it's up to you really what you do Smile

By the way how are you finding spirulina? I was considering using that and hyaluronic acid (both orally ofc!) to improve my eyesight Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:39 am

As for retin-A... I think a systemic solution is better than a topical one, particularly if it's as good for you as CoA apparently is. It IS quite pricey (about $40 or something for a bottle of capsules), but, hey if it fixes it then we can go on from there! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:50 am

Hoppipolla wrote: And yeah you do have to be careful about not putting too much through your liver.

But when is too much? Rolling Eyes Is it only the vitamins that are rough on the liver or also the antioxidants??

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:52 am

Hoppipolla wrote:By the way how are you finding spirulina?

I find its disguisting next time i'm gonna buy tablets instead of the powder

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:12 am

Maup wrote:
Hoppipolla wrote: And yeah you do have to be careful about not putting too much through your liver.

But when is too much? Rolling Eyes Is it only the vitamins that are rough on the liver or also the antioxidants??

I wish I knew... I'm afraid I really can't tell you at what point it's too much.

Maup wrote:
Hoppipolla wrote:By the way how are you finding spirulina?

I find its disguisting next time i'm gonna buy tablets instead of the powder

hehe yeah Smile I think tablets might be better.

This is what concerned me though:

"Spirulina contains phenylalanine, which should be avoided by people who have the metabolic disorder phenylketonuria, where the body cannot metabolize this amino acid and it builds up in the brain causing damage. [12] Because Spirulina is a dietary supplement, the United States Food and Drug Administration does not regulate the production and quality of the product. Although rare, cyanobacteria like Spirulina may contain toxins called microcystins, which accumulate in the liver and can potentially cause cancer or other liver diseases. Currently, no standard exists to regulate the safety of Spirulina" - from Wikipedia!

I'm sure they are both very rare, and I would imagine we've all been checked for phenylketonuria? If it's safe I will definitely take Spirulina for eyesight - it seems good!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down