Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum

+3
Xenon
LawOfThelema
xztop123
7 posters

Go down

acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum Empty acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum

Post  xztop123 Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:24 pm

I think my problem is sebum related. Does anyone have any good options? b5 500 mg + l-carnitine 500 mg has had some success for controlling sebum on other message boards but a sideeffect of b5 is actually hairloss(perhaps those people had below optimal levels of sebum.) Perhaps a whole food based B complex vitamin? Something like megafood.. Maybe high dose of Royal Jelly?

Also I would rather get whole food nutrition where ever possible.

Ketogenic diet makes me feel bad, high dose natural vitamin A makes my eyes burn...

In a perfect world I could correct my sebum problem and eat a fruit heavy diet with moderate animal products and safe starches

My labs only showed a severe vitamin D deficiency which I am correcting with thorne k2/d drops. Thyroid were fine

I suspect that hairloss is of a multifaceted etiology and would guess that others here have similar problems.

xztop123

Back to top Go down

acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum Empty Re: acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:48 pm

incorrect.

sebum does not cause hair loss. sebum and hair loss (androgenetic) are both triggered by androgens.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum Empty Re: acne dandruff and hairloss caused by excessive sebum

Post  Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Acne either, My sebum production is very high and I have no acne at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 am

i do believe fatty acids within sebum can be a contributory factor, as it is secreted into the follicle, where it may then spread down to the hair producing cells of the papilla and inflame them.

i generally combat this problem by washing the scalp *thoroughly* with warmish water and shampoo, until the hair shaft is cleansed, but i don't do it everyday, as over washing leaves the scalp feeling very dry and tight.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  realparo Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 pm

xztop123 wrote:I think my problem is sebum related. Does anyone have any good options? b5 500 mg + l-carnitine 500 mg has had some success for controlling sebum on other message boards but a sideeffect of b5 is actually hairloss(perhaps those people had below optimal levels of sebum.) Perhaps a whole food based B complex vitamin? Something like megafood.. Maybe high dose of Royal Jelly?

Also I would rather get whole food nutrition where ever possible.

Ketogenic diet makes me feel bad, high dose natural vitamin A makes my eyes burn...

In a perfect world I could correct my sebum problem and eat a fruit heavy diet with moderate animal products and safe starches

My labs only showed a severe vitamin D deficiency which I am correcting with thorne k2/d drops. Thyroid were fine

I suspect that hairloss is of a multifaceted etiology and would guess that others here have similar problems.

mate trying taking 4 g with vitc for the a month and see how you get on . I used to get really greasy hair and face ..MSM only works for people with a sulpher definecy so might not work for everyone but defo worth a try it has helped me reduce my itch as well

realparo

Back to top Go down

Post  rickfowler Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:09 pm

I also used to have dandruff and the acne lesion itchy painful bumps on my scalp and no shampoo or oil worked for me.High sebum is usually caused by excess DHT acting on the hair glands. DHT is converted from T in the gland itself by an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase, and this conversion has been shown to be overactive in people with acne. There are substances that can block the action of this enzyme and that way reduce sebum production. These include: green tea extract, saw palmetto, zinc and GLA.

I would recommend you to Take a professional’s advice, first understand the products and then look for a solution that could help.
You could choose to log on to forums at a variety of websites, for instance you could visit forums at forhair website, my wife benefited tremendously from this particular forum. The expert online suggested that she simply take a dab of the product that she would apply on her hair and apply it on her elbow, wait it out for 24 hours, if it has an adverse reaction, then you know it is bad for you.

rickfowler

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:27 am

I had terrible acne when I was 15-17 I also had terribly dry skin.

As for MSM id recommend trying it anyway, its doing wonders for my skin!

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:20 am

LOL @ Alfred.

Just joined today and goes around suggesting hair transplants for teenagers and then enlightens us all with what is the caveman/90s theory and solutions for hair loss.

All of those things you've mentioned Alfred have been discussed here extensively for years and years.

3 posts and all of them are plugs for various things/companies.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down